Do you want Brent back?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
3rd time will certainly be the charm. Maybe he can take out a family this go around.

I don't think he will ever drive a car again. So, I think it very, very unlikely that he would 'take out a family' and very, very likely that if he does 'take out a family' it will be a family in need to dinner and then maybe a movie.

dstone2962

Reaction score
Or, perhaps you might want to revise your interpretation of what the 'right kind of guy' is to this organization to bring it into line with what they coach has said it is so many times, in the first place. It never meant choirboys without problems to overcome, and it never meant choir boys. It always meant smart players who are willing to work hard and to whom football is important. It amazes me that people still fail to grasp that, since it's been said over and over and over. And it amazes me further that anybody would have a problem with it, philosophically.

So Jason Garrett doesn't necessarily care if they've had multiple run ins with the law or killed anyone as a result of drinking basically? The lengths some go to defend this man are really amazing. Moreover would high character players on this team even want that kind of person in their locker room? I can say for myself I wouldn't want to work with someone like that. I'm not saying people don't make mistakes but Brent made a mistake that in my eyes cannot be forgiven. What the Cowboys have shown through their actions is that killing someone is not really a big deal because the person in question is skilled at football which is morally reprehensible, and apparently you agree with them.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
I don't think he will ever drive a car again. So, I think it very, very unlikely that he would 'take out a family' and very, very likely that if he does 'take out a family' it will be a family in need to dinner and then maybe a movie.

Like he has never driven with a suspended license before.....oh wait.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Dwayne Goodrich did a good spell in PMITA prison, dont recall a ton of sympathy for him.

I forgot about Dwayne Goodrich.....So I had to look it up. Question I have is why did Brent get off so easy after reading what Goodrich did sounds like a carbon copy of what Brent did.

On January 14, 2003, Goodrich was involved in a hit and run accident that killed two people. On January 15, he was arrested on charges of vehicular manslaughter in relation to the accident. Police believed that Goodrich struck and killed two motorists who were trying to rescue a man from a burning car on a North Dallas freeway.[5] Though witnesses claimed Goodrich was going 100 mph, the state's accident reconstruction expert at trial estimated that Goodrich's car struck the victims and driver door of the wreckage at a considerably lower speed of 54 mph.

On September 8, 2003 he was sentenced to seven and a half years in prison and fined $20,000 for the accident. He was convicted on two counts of criminally negligent homicide.

On January 9, 2006, prosecutors and relatives of the deceased victims successfully sought to add five years to his original 7 ½-year prison sentence. In court proceedings on January 9, 2006, in Dallas, the sole surviving victim of the January 2003 accident, Shuki Josef, requested permission to approach Goodrich to shake his hand. The gesture resulted in an emotion-filled embrace between the two men as Josef stated that he forgave Goodrich.

During trial, Goodrich was not proven to have been intoxicated at the time of the incident. Goodrich lost his brother Walter to a motorcycle accident in 2004. Goodrich was released from TDCJ Walls Unit in 2011.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Like he has never driven with a suspended license before.....oh wait.

It has nothing to do with a license. He isn't going to ever drive a car again in my opinion. He will use taxis or hire a driver. Just a hunch. People do change. Will Brent change? Yeah, he seems truly remorseful and has learned his lesson.

dstone2962

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with a license. He isn't going to ever drive a car again in my opinion. He will use taxis or hire a driver. Just a hunch. People do change. Will Brent change? Yeah, he seems truly remorseful and has learned his lesson.

So you know that because he's given interviews about it? Or you've seen some quotes of him saying he's sorry? No one but Josh Brent knows whether or not he's truly sorry. And even then it doesn't excuse what he did. I can't believe so many of you just completely disregard the fact that he was directly responsible for someone's life ending, which apparently doesn't matter because it wasn't anyone of consequence. Not going to get into an argument about the justice system or anything like that...but it just says alot about the Cowboys organization with all that transpired with Josh Brent.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
I forgot about Dwayne Goodrich.....So I had to look it up. Question I have is why did Brent get off so easy after reading what Goodrich did sounds like a carbon copy of what Brent did.

On January 14, 2003, Goodrich was involved in a hit and run accident that killed two people. On January 15, he was arrested on charges of vehicular manslaughter in relation to the accident. Police believed that Goodrich struck and killed two motorists who were trying to rescue a man from a burning car on a North Dallas freeway.[5] Though witnesses claimed Goodrich was going 100 mph, the state's accident reconstruction expert at trial estimated that Goodrich's car struck the victims and driver door of the wreckage at a considerably lower speed of 54 mph.

On September 8, 2003 he was sentenced to seven and a half years in prison and fined $20,000 for the accident. He was convicted on two counts of criminally negligent homicide.

On January 9, 2006, prosecutors and relatives of the deceased victims successfully sought to add five years to his original 7 ½-year prison sentence. In court proceedings on January 9, 2006, in Dallas, the sole surviving victim of the January 2003 accident, Shuki Josef, requested permission to approach Goodrich to shake his hand. The gesture resulted in an emotion-filled embrace between the two men as Josef stated that he forgave Goodrich.

During trial, Goodrich was not proven to have been intoxicated at the time of the incident. Goodrich lost his brother Walter to a motorcycle accident in 2004. Goodrich was released from TDCJ Walls Unit in 2011.

They waived him immediately too. None of this "We support Josh" nonsense, none of this go to the trial nonsense.

DavidS

Reaction score
Yes, his second chance was after he flipped over his car while he was hammered in college.

Cant be trusted. Let him go beg Oakland or Cincinatti for a job.

Who cares, no one got hurt then. Nobody learns in college, especially when someone wasn't physically injured.

WestCoastQB

Reaction score
I want Brent to get his life straightened out.
Free himself of his demons.
Find resolution and forgiveness.
Become a MAN.

Then there can be thoughts of football.

Probably the best post I have ever read on here...

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I would be in favor of bringing him back if it is a football decision. He does have to live with it the rest of his life. The family has forgiven him and so has God, so let him rehabilitate his life and do something he is actually good at. Will the players be ok with him back?

perrykemp

Reaction score

Did he learn his lesson the 1st time he got a DUI?

Did he learn his lesson when he broke his probation the 2nd time around?

Did he learn his lesson when they had to haul him into court for failing to do what the judge told him to do while on bail?

Did he learn his lesson when he killed his best friend after putting down 17 beers and driving 100+ mph?

I believe in 2nd chances and I personally hope he turns it around, however, the Cowboys shouldn't have anything to do with him.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I'm all for redemption stories however he's responsible for the death of a human being... I prefer that the young man get his personal life in order and understand the consequences of his actions. Football should be the last thing on his mind. I would only allow him back on the team under certain circumstances.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TO worked hard and football was important to him. Got to love vague terminology that keeps changing to fit circumstances.

The terminology isn't vague, and it doesn't change to fit circumstances. And there aren't too many players around with TO's debilitating narcissism that it makes sense to expand the definition to rule out obvious outliers like him. But we brought TO in in the first place for the very reasons you mention. Turns out, he wasn't a good fit in the long term because he's a hyperbaric chamber full of me-first crazy.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Nope. I wouldn't want that story associated with my team if I was Garrett or Jerry, either.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
That has zero to do with whether he's coming back. That had to do with Lee supporting a former teammate. You don't have to condone what someone did to support them.

Why would you even think he meant Lee was condoning him and not just supporting a teammate?

Is there a thread of a similar incident of a player on another team?

I'd be very curious if that player got the same amount of sympathy. ;)

Not sure. But players have come back from similar circumstance for other teams.