Do you want Elliott back now or what?

CWR

Reaction score
Nothing is hard to understand about it. It still revolves around money, i.e., money that isn't yours. If Jerry decides to pay Zeke XX amount of dollars, then Jerry deems that Zeke is important enough to the team to warrant that money.
It's not your money. It's not my money. These things will play themselves out. I don't understand why what I'm saying is hard to understand.

Right so your argument is its not our money. Screw the cap. Nice take, totally realistic.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
At this very moment (9/1/19 at 2:22pm EST) - do you want Zeke back or do you want to see what we got w/o him? Can we tow the line and win games w/o him and prove to Zeke that we can win w/o him?
I think we can win some games without him. We’ve shown that in the past. We just aren’t as good against the more Elite teams and certainly not a SB contender without him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fans get entirely too emotional over the business aspect of the NFL. It’s a brutal reminder it’s not just a game. It’s sports entertainment at the highest level.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I disagree. What good is talent if said talent keeps doing dumb things that gets it suspensions and thus depriving the team of said talent?
That is a very fair question.

This organization lived with it a lot in the early 1990s. Jones still abides. It depends on the level of talent. That is Jones' cross to bear.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Anyone with a brain wants him back.

but it takes more brains to not jeopardize for the next 5 years for just this year.
also discipline to evaluate dak and the passing game without zeke as a fallback.
do we really want to invest badly in a 35m/yr contract and a 20m/yr contract.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
At this very moment (9/1/19 at 2:22pm EST) - do you want Zeke back or do you want to see what we got w/o him? Can we tow the line and win games w/o him and prove to Zeke that we can win w/o him?

Pay Zeke.

Wood

Reaction score

I want to see Pollard start for 6 games. Then I can answer.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think we can win some games without him. We’ve shown that in the past. We just aren’t as good against the more Elite teams and certainly not a SB contender without him.

Dallas was 3-3 without him in 2017.

So yeah, we can win some games.

We can also lose some games.

Pay Zeke.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I kinda wish these 3 opening games were against the Bears, Eagles, and Saints then we could get a real good look at Dak. My fear is if Dak beats the Giants , Skins and Dolphins Jerry will give in to Daks contract demands and think this team can win without Zeke.

Section446

Reaction score
but it takes more brains to not jeopardize for the next 5 years for just this year.
also discipline to evaluate dak and the passing game without zeke as a fallback.
do we really want to invest badly in a 35m/yr contract and a 20m/yr contract.
I'm actually fine with Zeke missing a few games so we can find out what we really have with Dak.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Nope. I want him traded

Good for him if he gets his money, but the way he is going about it with all the headaches and problems he caused is not worth it

:cool:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It does not matter what the fans want. Jerry and Zeke are conducting business. Dallas is more scrutinized, and talked about than any other team.

The Patriots Patrick Chung, is not even talked about, and they are the champs. If a practice squad player, or someone that formerly played for Dallas were in this situation; it would be debated daily.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Nope. I want him traded

Good for him if he gets his money, but the way he is going about it with all the headaches and problems he caused is not worth it

:cool:
Headaches and problems for whom?