Do you want Elliott back now or what?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
At this very moment (9/1/19 at 2:22pm EST) - do you want Zeke back or do you want to see what we got w/o him? Can we tow the line and win games w/o him and prove to Zeke that we can win w/o him?

Go with what we got. Look for a vet to add. See if we can live w/o Zeke. Because he's not going to play like he has forever whether we pay him or not.

"Better a year early, than a year late."

Let Zeke show up later in the year to get his accrued season, all fresh and shiny for a SB run. Without a new contract.

Trade him in the offseason to someone who wants to pay him. Pick us up another quality RB in the draft with the proceeds. Or two.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think I've resigned myself to the fact that a deal ultimately will get done, because neither side has any real alternatives. But I'm not sure that it's best for the team long term if a big money, long term deal does get done?

Go look at how RBs not named Zeke have run for us. Murray. McFadden. Morris. Other backs can run behind our oline.

And Zeke isn't going to run like Zeke forever regardless. Better a year early than a year late. He has to come back this year to accrue a season anyway.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is kind of a dumb question.

It is not my money, so of course I would take the best RB in the game back. I don't care for his tone, but talent overrides everything.

I also know enough that the fairy tale of being able to trade him is a fool's dream. Look at Gordon.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
At this very moment (9/1/19 at 2:22pm EST) - do you want Zeke back or do you want to see what we got w/o him? Can we tow the line and win games w/o him and prove to Zeke that we can win w/o him?

Truthfully i wouldn't mind if we waited and saw what Dak did without Zeke for say the 1st 4 games. I've never been a big Dak fan but it is his contract that is going to be the big one for years to come and if we give it to him i would like to see what he can do with the offense without Zeke, if he has the same issues he had 2 years ago when Zeke got suspended then i would want to know that so i wouldn't be paying a "bus driver" 35m per season, if he carries the team (3-1 or 4-0) without Zeke then i would feel better about giving him that kind of money

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Truthfully i wouldn't mind if we waited and saw what Dak did without Zeke for say the 1st 4 games. I've never been a big Dak fan but it is his contract that is going to be the big one for years to come and if we give it to him i would like to see what he can do with the offense without Zeke, if he has the same issues he had 2 years ago when Zeke got suspended then i would want to know that so i wouldn't be paying a "bus driver" 35m per season, if he carries the team (3-1 or 4-0) without Zeke then i would feel better about giving him that kind of money

The 4th game is the saints, we need Zeke for that game because if we lose any of the first 3, that will not be good by any means.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
The 4th game is the saints, we need Zeke for that game because if we lose any of the first 3, that will not be good by any means.
My point exactly, if we crumble on offense without Zeke what does that really say about Dak? and then how in the world do you pay him 35m per season. The only way we could lose any of the 1st 3 and have an excuse for Dak is if the offense produces (24 points + per game) and our D gives up more then it's not on Dak

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
08oCK3i.gif
Good one!
I am so pissed off about Zeke and his agent; if he comes back soon, I still won't like this situation nor him, but will take the performance if he keeps it the same or better. If he holds out long time - well, bye.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Nah, 1,800 yrd backs we can find anywhere.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Let's see what the O can do without him. If he comes back late in the season he should be fresh and ready to go if they make the playoffs.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What exactly is hard to understand about a fan caring about the health of our cap?
Nothing is hard to understand about it. It still revolves around money, i.e., money that isn't yours. If Jerry decides to pay Zeke XX amount of dollars, then Jerry deems that Zeke is important enough to the team to warrant that money.
It's not your money. It's not my money. These things will play themselves out. I don't understand why what I'm saying is hard to understand.

nobody

Reaction score
This is kind of a dumb question.

It is not my money, so of course I would take the best RB in the game back. I don't care for his tone, but talent overrides everything.

I also know enough that the fairy tale of being able to trade him is a fool's dream. Look at Gordon.

I disagree. What good is talent if said talent keeps doing dumb things that gets it suspensions and thus depriving the team of said talent?