Do you want Elliott back now or what?

waldoputty

Reaction score
Yes. I can see where the Zeke hate is coming from, but really, what has he done outside of missing four preseason games he wasn't going to play in anyway?

To play Sunday I think he has to be in here by Wednesday at the latest. If he signs Thursday or Friday, could he play 48 hours later when his last football activity was June's minicamp?

if jones lets the garbage have his way, that is more damage to the cowboys than goodell has done.

that is much more than the loss of 10m from the salary cap when u factor the damage to future negotiations.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Really dumb question. Of course you want Zeke back on the team. He's a better runner than anyone else on the roster.

I don't understand why fans get emotionally invested in contract disputes. It's just business.

Logically, having Zeke back is best on one condition. Having him back at a reasonable price is preferable. I don't want him back if his demands will cripple the team in other areas.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
if jones lets the garbage have his way, that is more damage to the cowboys than goodell has done.

that is much more than the loss of 10m from the salary cap when u factor the damage to future negotiations.

Dak Prescott and Jaylon Smith went about things the right way. I don't think the Zeke damage will be too severe to future negotiations.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Dak Prescott and Jaylon Smith went about things the right way. I don't think the Zeke damage will be too severe to future negotiations.

if garbage has his way, the precedent for renegotiating 2 years before end of contract.
if a couple players do that, think about the impact on the cap by itself.
and at a wage higher than the top salary?
bad bad precedent
and major negotiations coming up.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
if garbage has his way, the precedent for renegotiating 2 years before end of contract.
bad bad precedent

I agree this could be setting a bad precedent, but the argument can be made for Zeke being this team's most vital offensive player the way this roster is set up. The Cowboys don't have to "cave" in the future if other players decide to "pull a Zeke".

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
bad bad precedent
That seems overly dramatic. The only type players that may try that and have any hope it would succeed would be ones that are at or near the top at their positions and ones that are integral to our game plans and also be pretty narcissistic. Just because Zeke decides to jump off a cliff doesn't mean other players are going to follow that lead.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
bad bad precedent

Waldo has been beating this drum pretty hard over the last week or so. I think you just might be overreacting a bit. And all of this coming from someone who is wishing an ACL tear on another human being. Not cool.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Nobody cares about Jerrys money, we care about the future of our cap and not being hamstrung by bad contracts.
So you DO care about money because cap space and bad contracts are directly related to money.
But you said so yourself. You're interested in what you consider the well being of the team.

Jipper

Reaction score
at a fair price....but I would never buy his jersey now...and a lot of fans feel the same, like him but will never love him as a player like a Romo or witten

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Who was the Pats RB last year? Just asking cause I forget.

Sony Michel. They drafted him in the first round of the 2018 draft.

He was the leading rusher in the SB and scored the only TD.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
This team cannot be all it can be without Zeke.

Dak cannot be all he can be without Zeke.

Garrett is along for the ride.

This team's destiny is tied to Zeke, like it or not.

erod

Reaction score
Zeke is being unreasonable here, no doubt.

But he knows this season's hopes hinge on having him here.

Stephen is no doubt furious, but Rocky the agent couldn't care less, and neither does Zeke.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
At this very moment (9/1/19 at 2:22pm EST) - do you want Zeke back or do you want to see what we got w/o him? Can we tow the line and win games w/o him and prove to Zeke that we can win w/o him?

For me its easy. I am thru with this guy. Trade or in the worst case cut him.

CB61

Reaction score
At this very moment (9/1/19 at 2:22pm EST) - do you want Zeke back or do you want to see what we got w/o him? Can we tow the line and win games w/o him and prove to Zeke that we can win w/o him?
That's the one million-dollar question right now looks like we're about to find out I personally would feel more comfortable with him in there but I'm not a 100% fan of his because of his attitude off the field

CB61

Reaction score
well I agree with you on some points but I do not think that the jones feel that way. it has been a 23 year process so far and not much has changed.
Why did you just hit that nail on the head with a great big hammer the last part of your post anyway

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Pay the man. Thanks for asking.

CWR

Reaction score
So you DO care about money because cap space and bad contracts are directly related to money.
But you said so yourself. You're interested in what you consider the well being of the team.

What exactly is hard to understand about a fan caring about the health of our cap?