Do you want Jason Witten back as the starting tight end?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Some rumors that networks are going after him. And some fans starting to feel we may need some new blood at the position to generate bigger plays

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do we have an improvement for him without spending a premium draft pick? Then, sure. If not, keep him until at least next season.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Jason is a stud. What is going on with the hate?

He is better than most of the TEs in the league. If you go by fantasy stats he is # 18. For goodness sake, he played with a lacerated spleen, is a workout warrior, is willing to block and I think he played more snaps than any player on offense. The other TEs on the roster have to step up. They haven't, which is why Jason plays the # of snaps per game as he does.

Give me a whole team of warriors like Witten.

I don't get it.

Last edited:

WLJG

Reaction score
A player likely passed his prime with a big contract. Probably a good business decision to cut him. But we are not blessed with a GM who is known for making good decisions.....

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Yes, but do not want to see him playing 90 plus percent of the offensive snaps again this year.

They have to find roles for Switzer and others, especially on 3rd down.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
lol move on with nothing proven behind him? And some of you have the nerve to question the coaching and ownership.

The norm on here

Release Witten: The Jones' ruined the team cut Witten with nobody to replace him.

Keep Witten: The Jones' ruined the team for keeping players too long.

jday

Reaction score
Some rumors that networks are going after him. And some fans starting to feel we may need some new blood at the position to generate bigger plays
I want him. I think he is good for the lockerroom and the sidelines on gameday. That said, I also want him to be willing to take a step back in snaps. I want him to be a good ambassador like is good ole' pal Romo and let the youngens carry the light weight where they can. I don't want to here reports of him refusing to come off the field because he thinks he can do it better.

The truth is, in many cases, there are still several things he does better than anyone, but he can't run to save his life and I do wonder if there are catches where he gets a first down that someone faster would turn into a touchdown...it's food for thought and I don't want his pride to get in the way of wins.

Other than than, I love Witt and what he brings to this team...

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Is Rico, Hannah or Swain gonna pick up the 600 yards left on the field if Witt isn't back? Is there a TE in this draft that can step right in and do it? Witt said he wanted to play another year. I think he will. Do we need to draft a pass catching TE? Yep

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Do we have an improvement for him without spending a premium draft pick? Then, sure. If not, keep him until at least next season.
I think the idea is we may never know If the next guy is better with Witten still on the roster eating reps

Big_D

Reaction score
I think the coaches have to get the other TEs much more involved. That includes Swaim, Rico and Jarwin since it's likely that Hanna will be gone. But the time is now to make that transition.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I really don't care if he starts or not. I would like to take a flier on Ebron and at least have a TE who can stretch the seams on the roster.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the idea is we may never know If the next guy is better with Witten still on the roster eating reps

Well, I don’t believe any of the guys we’ve got now are legitimate competition. I like them for what they are.

Rico’s the only one with a shot to be something, and he’s got to make the active roster.