CZ POLL Do you want Michael Gallup on the Cowboys in 2021?

Do you want Michael Gallup on the Cowboys in 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Gotta trade him, while his value is high. We have good receivers,and at least two TEs that are good receivers. Time to sacrifice to help some on defense.
There's no way a Gallup for D trade makes you better. Just no chance.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He only has one year left on his deal. And you need a lot of help on defense.

Honestly to me, it's almost a no brainer that you should explore trading him to see what you can get back.

That's fine if we had a Front Office capable of assessing value and getting maximum compensation from other teams in trade talks.

Instead we have Andre from The League
the-league-andre-31-jpg_010103.jpg

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
They can release Cooper for a $6M cap hit and extend Gallup after 2021. But Jerry will &$%# that up and probably rework Cooper's deal to save cap space. If that is the case, they should trade Gallup

9of11

Reaction score
Sure do want Gallup back....Jerry and company will let him walk....move CeeDee wide and put whatever that other dudes name is who did pretty good for us during the middle of the season and say this is a dream wide receiver group better than Coop, Lamb and Gallup.....watch it....its coming..

Motorola

Reaction score
I expect Gallup to be a Cowboy for a looooooong time. They need all the good young talent they can get.
Seen many posts @ CZ (usually leading up to the draft) that most WRs need a couple of seasons to adjust to the pro game to become successful (providing they have the work ethic + avoiding serious injury).
Appears Gallup is on that timeline- and ready to breakout (review yesterday's game).
Keep him a Cowboy.

catiii

Reaction score
None of our receivers should be gone they are our strength!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If we can't afford them all then don't sign Dak and trade Zeke or something but you don't trade away the strongest facet of your offense.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
None of our receivers should be gone they are our strength!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If we can't afford them all then don't sign Dak and trade Zeke or something but you don't trade away the strongest facet of your offense.

I’m down with this.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this for real?
I have been posting thread polls for almost all offensive starters, so yes.

Maybe visit more often and you would know as I posted 2-3 polls every day for several days in a row.

I will be doing the same for the defense and coaching staff after the next game.

Flamma

Reaction score
Lol I hope they don't trade Gallup. Cooper won't be on the team that much longer. Gallup and Lamb are our future at WR. They're also perfectly spaced apart as far as signing them to contracts. Jerry needs to sign Gallup to an extension right after the season going into the next.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
i voted no.

And its not that i dont think hes worth it because he def is. But i just think it will cost too much, especially with down the line Lamb most likely making more than cooper. Gallup will cost atleast 15mil AAV. Gallup is probably Dallas biggest trade chip that could get them a bigtime player. Probably even an top DT. And its not like the cubbard is bare as they still have wilson, add in Jarwin coming back. You have a receiving core of Cooper, Lamb, Schultz, Wilson and Jarwin. And then there's the draft.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Lol I hope they don't trade Gallup. Cooper won't be on the team that much longer. Gallup and Lamb are our future at WR. They're also perfectly spaced apart as far as signing them to contracts. Jerry needs to sign Gallup to an extension right after the season going into the next.

Thinking Cooper wont be on the team much longer is plain foolish. He's only 26 and he's a complete WR runs the whole tree. Gallup while he will make a great catch and run from time to time like we saw sunday, he mostly a deep threat. So is Cooper and Lamb, but they are complete tree route running threats. Gallup isnt consistently.

Coopers deal can be restructured because of only a 10mil signing bonus.

Dallas could restructure his deal next yr, he has a 22mil caphit which most likely get restructured. IDK how much of that 20mil base salary will be restructured but say they take 15mil that gets prorated over 5 yrs so instead of a 22mil caphit for the yr Cooper is a 10mil caphit for 2021 saving 12 mil.

Then say in 2022, Dallas can redo his deal and extend him 2 more yrsbecause of the restructured bonus and his deal could go to 2026 lowering future caphits.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Thinking Cooper wont be on the team much longer is plain foolish. He's only 26 and he's a complete WR runs the whole tree. Gallup while he will make a great catch and run from time to time like we saw sunday, he mostly a deep threat. So is Cooper and Lamb, but they are complete tree route running threats. Gallup isnt consistently.

Cooper will be here one more year IMO. Unless they restructure his contract, his cap hit is too high. And even if they do keep him beyond that, he'll definitely be out by the time lambs extension is due.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Cooper will be here one more year IMO. Unless they restructure his contract, his cap hit is too high. And even if they do keep him beyond that, he'll definitely be out by the time lambs extension is due.
The team doesnt give up first round picks and moves on from a player like Cooper. After Dak and Martin, Cooper is the best player on this team. IF Elliot ever puts in the work in the offseason Cooper would then slide to 4th on the team.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
In general, yes, because he is a very good receiver. But I would certainly keep an open mind about trading him if he could net, say, a second round pick. Otherwise, keep him and hope for a healthy QB and OL and watch the three-headed monster at receiver feast next year.
Another big thing is, what will Gallup's market in FA be in a year? If it's 12-15 mil/yr I'd rather keep Cooper, who is a true #1 receiver and not retain Gallup long-term. If it's 8-10 mil/yr then moving Cooper and signing Gallup becomes more attractive...

Status
Not open for further replies.