CZ POLL Do you want Michael Gallup on the Cowboys in 2021?

Do you want Michael Gallup on the Cowboys in 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I think you only trade him if you get a great offer. He is a stud. If he leaves after next season, we will get a high comp pick because someone will pay him.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Sure we do, but you aren't getting a guy who helps the defense as much as losing Gallup hurts the offense.
I think you run that risk, OTOH we could lose Gallup and get something like a 4th round pick compensation. I'd rather at least shop him.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think you run that risk, OTOH we could lose Gallup and get something like a 4th round pick compensation. I'd rather at least shop him.
Well he's definitely going to bring a third, but you can just sign him...

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Well he's definitely going to bring a third, but you can just sign him...
We will see what happens with Dak, I wouldn't put that much money into WR, not the best position to weigh down the cap on.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The type of player Gallup is the best-case scenario of what you want in a player. When you get one, you keep them. You pay them, and you appreciate them.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
We will see what happens with Dak, I wouldn't put that much money into WR, not the best position to weigh down the cap on.
Why? Good WRs can single-handedly win you a game. We just saw that against Philly.

There's not another position group, other than QB, that can do that.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Why? Good WRs can single-handedly win you a game. We just saw that against Philly.

Looking back on superbowl caliber and winning teams, I have become somewhat prejudicial against them. I do think today's NFL is different way more biased in favor of the passing game. I believe the team is fine without him, and that a good O coordinator can scheme better for allowing TE-RB etc to help in the passing game. Also I am desperate to find some way to fix the defense, one thing a real contending team needs to go far in the playoffs is a great defense or at least one that trends to getting hot in the post season.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Looking back on superbowl caliber and winning teams, I have become somewhat prejudicial against them. I do think today's NFL is different way more biased in favor of the passing game. I believe the team is fine without him, and that a good O coordinator can scheme better for allowing TE-RB etc to help in the passing game. Also I am desperate to find some way to fix the defense, one thing a real contending team needs to go far in the playoffs is a great defense or at least one that trends to getting hot in the post season.
The only great NFL defense is an offense that scores and forces the opponent to keep pace.

The Packers defense stinks, they're not contenders?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we need to hear out the 9 guys that don't want him back. They may have a good point.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Gotta trade him, while his value is high. We have good receivers,and at least two TEs that are good receivers. Time to sacrifice to help some on defense.

It NEVER fails when the Cowboys start to have some good depth at a position here comes some fans thinking they are super GM's and start to squawk about trading some of that depth. It's hard enough to get really good depth at any position yet they want strip away at that depth.

kskboys

Reaction score

You need to get out.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Michael Gallup is my favorite player on the team.

Not flashy....not a talker....just makes plays.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
As long as he is really cheap. I like bargain players to make the cap look better.

There's an old saying to cover that. You get what you pay for. 99% of the cheap bargain contracts aren't the starters you count on during games. I'm not in favor of over paying players but when all you do is look for cheap players you end up with an Art Model type browns team that sits in last place in their division every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.