CZ POLL Do you want Mike McCarthy fired?

Do you want Mike McCarthy fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I put no but after sleeping on it I have changed my mind and believe he has to be fired. He just isn't the guy.

One of the reasons why I was fine with them keeping Kellen Moore on board was because I thought he was an offensive guy and he could mentor Moore the way Reid has done so with Eric Bienemy, but it is painfully obvious that isn't the case.

I feel like he is the guy up top and his coordinators are running the show, which would be fine, Jimmy was never an Xs and Os guy, but that means he has to be the guy instilling discipline and getting the team ready, but that clearly hasn't happened either.

This leads me to the conclusion that the reason this team is no different than it was on JG is that it still lacks real leadership and needs a quality head coach.

Keeping McCarthy will just mean more of the same. I bring in Flores or Harbaugh and let them pick their entire staff with the exception of maybe Bones. ST is the only unit that has made a vast improvement.

Last edited:

J12B

Reaction score
MM 10x times better than garett .

sure fire the best coach we've had in over 2 decades .

heck, put Kellen to learn on the job for 10 years.

On what basis?

McCarthy had an awful 1st season and is 1 and done in the playoffs in his second season. Against a team they should've beat.

Whosurpopi

Reaction score
No, With a nice improvement in year over year, give him one more chance. If penalties arent fixed next year, bye bye. Every single big game we have you can count on Gregory making the dumbest penalty you could imagine. That cant be blamed on any coach, that is just who he is, undisciplined. The o-line and Dak are more of a problem then the coaches.

Surfguy

Reaction score
I miss The Clapper. He’s better than the failed Santa wannabe!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know. But who paid Dak to be the guy to come up big in those spots? Who's the guy who decided with the future of the franchise on the line, to give Dak that massive contract? Who's the guy who gave Elliott that massive contract that we are now choking on? Who hired McCarthy?

It really is downright hilarious that we have people defending Jerry Jones here. I honestly never knew we had this many diehard Jerry fanboys.
I don't think you're talking to fanboys of Jerry Jones. I think you're talking to people who just want to figure out the truth about who's at fault, so they can tell others how they think it can be fixed.

SDCowboy

Reaction score

tired-fall.gif

Sheepherder

Reaction score
This house, as disappointing as the season ending was, does not need to be cleaned out. It needs to be cleaned UP.
Let the coach do what he wants. Then let the chips fall
I put no but after sleeping on it I have changed my mind and believe he has to be fired. He just isn't the guy.

One of the reasons why I was fine with them keeping Kellen Moore on board was because I thought he was an offensive guy and he could mentor Moore the way Reid has done so with Eric Bienemy, but it is painfully obvious that isn't the case.

I feel like he is the guy up top and his coordinators are running the show, which would be fine, Jimmy was never an Xs and Os guy, but that means he has to be the guy instilling discipline and getting the team ready, but that clearly hasn't happened either.

This leads me to the conclusion that the reason this team is no different than it was on JG is that it still lacks real leadership and needs a quality head coach.

Keeping McCarthy will just mean more of the same. I bring in Flores or Harbaugh and let them pick their entire staff with the exception of maybe Bones. ST is the only unit that has made a vast improvement.
I'm with you

I'm with you, my friend. It looks as if McCarthy' s coaching abilities has passed him by. They need a coach that is a great motivator. They need a real tough leader like a Parcells, someone that won't be too friendly with the players. And to bring in disipline.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the best solution is to give MM one more season with his choice at OC. Get Moore out of here and see what happens. Mike is saddled with an inexperienced OC who is in way over his head with no knowledge on how to gameplan or adjust properly.

There are many coordinators out there that could have produced the same stats that Moore did with this offense IMO. He is nothing special……….

johneric8

Reaction score
I like Big Mike, but I did vote to have him fired if I'm being candid... I really am second guessing that though because the more I think about it, the more I realize that no matter who is our coach, qb, running back, etc, we always end up back in the same position, but the one constant is Jerry Jones...

Lets look back on when Jerry bought the team for a second. Most of the moves he made were a product of Jimmy J knowing which college players to draft, no salary cap, the starts just aligned.

After we had all that success, it all went to Jerry's head and he started operating the Cowboys like Country Club. He falls in love with players and coaches and keeps them around well past their expiration and in many times they shouldn't of been signed or hired in the first place...

A wise man once told me that we would never win another Super Bowl as long as Jerry is alive... I'm now beginning to see the light..

Status
Not open for further replies.