CZ POLL Do you want Mike McCarthy fired?

Do you want Mike McCarthy fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jerruh isnt the reason they had 14 penalties today. Nor is he the reason Dak didnt show up against a good team the entire second half of the season.

LOL.

Jerry is the one who built the team that led the league in penalties. He's the one who paid Dak $40MM. He's the one who handed a TB the largest contract in history and that TB is breaking down before our eyes. Jerry is the one who picked McCarthy.

Jerry's hands are all over this mess. It's preposterous to claim otherwise. What we saw last night was what we have seen from the Cowboys for the better part of two decades. Guess who is the ONLY CONSTANT in that entire run?

You got it - Jerry.

The Natural

Reaction score
LOL.

Jerry is the one who built the team that led the league in penalties. He's the one who paid Dak $40MM. He's the one who handed a TB the largest contract in history and that TB is breaking down before our eyes. Jerry is the one who picked McCarthy.

Jerry's hands are all over this mess. It's preposterous to claim otherwise. What we saw last night was what we have seen from the Cowboys for the better part of two decades. Guess who is the ONLY CONSTANT in that entire run?

You got it - Jerry.
Why didnt Dak show up yesterday?

Sydla

Reaction score
Why didnt Dak show up yesterday?

I don't know. But who paid Dak to be the guy to come up big in those spots? Who's the guy who decided with the future of the franchise on the line, to give Dak that massive contract? Who's the guy who gave Elliott that massive contract that we are now choking on? Who hired McCarthy?

It really is downright hilarious that we have people defending Jerry Jones here. I honestly never knew we had this many diehard Jerry fanboys.

KB1122

Reaction score
Jason-Garrett.jpg

Welcome back.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well you better figure it out buster.

I figured it out.

The guy making all the decisions built a flawed roster. He hired a poor HC. He paid players too much money that don't deliver in key spots.

But yeah, the fault isn't with the guy picking the players or the coach. It's just players and coaches letting poor, old Jerry down. Until Jerry either steps aside or changes how he does things, the results are just going to continue to be the same.

And you'll still be here defending Jerry. LOL. Over 20+ years, multiple assistant coaches, multiple HCs, hundreds and hundreds of different players, same results. Only constant - Jerry. But yeah, let's blame everyone else but the one guy who has carried through this entire thing. Makes sense.

KB1122

Reaction score
There seems to be significant overestimating our talent. I'm always in favor of upgrading, if we can. But McCarthy did pretty well this year.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only reason I voted no on this was it doesn’t matter if you fire Big Mac. Nothing changes until the owner gets a mirror.

Sydla

Reaction score
There seems to be significant overestimating our talent. I'm always in favor of upgrading, if we can. But McCarthy did pretty well this year.

LOL.

I just can't anymore. We are going to repeat the Garrett run, aren't we? McCarthy largely failed with arguably the best QB over the last 10-12 years other than Brady in GB. He's been not great here.

But yeah, he'll eventually grow into the coach that can win us a SB. Oy.

Sydla

Reaction score
The only reason I voted no on this was it doesn’t matter if you fire Big Mac. Nothing changes until the owner gets a mirror.

Death is the only thing that will change on that end.

So I'd rather he just get rid of a HC when it's obvious he needs to go and hope like hell we get lucky.

JustChip

Reaction score
I voted No, not because I have any confidence in him or absolve him of responsibility. I wasn’t a big fan of the hire to begin with. I thought too many fans put too much credence in him having A skin on the wall.

No doubt it takes a measure of talent to get to a SB, but that was in that season with that team under those circumstances. That doesn’t mean he’s the right guy with another team in different circumstances. And the total lack of looking at other candidates raised serious doubts it was the right hire.

But back to why I voted no. I want KM gone. This team needs a totally fresh offensive approach. A creative playbook that will scheme guys into an opportunity for success. Things like the WR moving in motion at the snap. KM was a holdover from the previous offensive staff and forced to be retained for continuity and comfort. To heck with that. Can KM and let Mike interview and select his own OC and give him next year as a prove it year just as Jerry made 2019 a prove it year for Jason.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
So by that logic, we shouldn't bother trying to improve the team. Got it. Good stuff.

Sydla

Reaction score
I voted No, not because I have any confidence in him or absolve him of responsibility. I wasn’t a big fan of the hire to begin with. I thought too many fans put too much credence in him having A skin on the wall.

No doubt it takes a measure of talent to get to a SB, but that was in that season with that team under those circumstances. That doesn’t mean he’s the right guy with another team in different circumstances. And the total lack of looking at other candidates raised serious doubts it was the right hire.

But back to why I voted no. I want KM gone. This team needs a totally fresh offensive approach. A creative playbook that will scheme guys into an opportunity for success. Things like the WR moving in motion at the snap. KM was a holdover from the previous offensive staff and forced to be retained for continuity and comfort. To heck with that. Can KM and let Mike interview and select his own OC and give him next year as a prove it year just as Jerry made 2019 a prove it year for Jason.

The problem with this is that if Moore leaves, MM then has input in the offense. Why people think he's good at coaching offense is puzzling to me. He had Rodgers and more often than not failed with him.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Fire McCarthy and hire Brian Flores. This Giants are already after him, but it's not to late to make a play for him. He's a tough guy, and that is what we need.

JustChip

Reaction score
The problem with this is that if Moore leaves, MM then has input in the offense. Why people think he's good at coaching offense is puzzling to me. He had Rodgers and more often than not failed with him.
Very true. But the problem is if MM is fired, KM will be retained (hell, he may be the head coach) and there’s no hope for an offensive transformation.

I posted a quote from MM back in 2019 when posters were clamoring for him. He said the key was each player lining up and beating the man across from you. I asked then if that sounded familiar. Meet the old boss, same as the new boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.