CZ POLL Do you want Romo to start the next game or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start the next game or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveferr33

Reaction score
Fans flying by the seat of their pants yet again. It should be Dak, Romo, Dak, no Romo.

No conviction whatsoever in their decision.

Probably not entirely correct. There is a contingent that keeps changing its mind and then a majority that is firmly in one camp or another.

ksadler1

Reaction score
But that's the thing. WE DON'T KNOW AND THE FUTURE IS TOO VOLATILE. We should focus on the here and now and play Romo; why sacrifice the here and now for the "potential" in the future? What if Dak flames the **** out and we just sit around thinking o yeah we should have done Romo better instead of riding this game manager type rookie QB whose wheels have proverbially fallen off?

Exactly what is it that makes you think Romo will be better this time around than he was in our last 13-3 or 12-4 seasons? He hasn't played in OVER two years. Even at his best, he's won two playoff games the whole time he's been the starter. Did this team just magically become better this year or does Dak make it that much better? Lets not pretend like Romo hasn't had worse games than Dak had last night. What happens if they put Romo in and he stinks the joint up? Do the coaches say "just kidding" and throw Dak back in? The long term health of this team is what matters. Dak will overcome his bad games, just as Romo did. But the organization needs to be all-in on Dak, win or lose, if they expect this team to succeed long term.....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
And a broke finger and some broken collar bones are not anything of any sort a significant, recurring, or debilitating injury. You're making it sound like he's busted every bone in his back 80 times and torn every acl/mcl every time he gets touched.

Not even similar. At. All.

Uh, you forgot to mention his back injury. ;)

Anyone who has age on his/her body and experiencing back problems can tell you it doesn't get better the older you get, especially not when you're getting hit by a solid object with weight and speed. ;)

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
so the answer is even though for 10 games he looked league MVP. but the last (2) he has not so we focus on the last 2 and ignore the 10.

makes sense. not sure in which world, but makes sense to someone i suppose.

The last two games were like this because NFL Defenses now have ample game film on Dak, and are teeing off on him. It happens with every new QB phenom.
Romo is a tested and PROVEN commodity. Therein lies the difference.

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
Exactly what is it that makes you think Romo will be better this time around than he was in our last 13-3 or 12-4 seasons? He hasn't played in OVER two years. Even at his best, he's won two playoff games the whole time he's been the starter. Did this team just magically become better this year or does Dak make it that much better? Lets not pretend like Romo hasn't had worse games than Dak had last night. What happens if they put Romo in and he stinks the joint up? Do the coaches say "just kidding" and throw Dak back in? The long term health of this team is what matters. Dak will overcome his bad games, just as Romo did. But the organization needs to be all-in on Dak, win or lose, if they expect this team to succeed long term.....

Because Dak is horrible versus the defenses and schemes we are going to play in the post-season, that's why. We will be one and done with Dak as our starting QB in the playoffs; mark my words. Feel free to save this post. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The last two games were like this because NFL Defenses now have ample game film on Dak, and are teeing off on him. It happens with every new QB phenom.
Romo is a tested and PROVEN commodity. Therein lies the difference.
oh.

gosh.

you must be right then.

sigh.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Because Dak is horrible versus the defenses and schemes we are going to play in the post-season, that's why. We will be one and done with Dak as our starting QB in the playoffs; mark my words. Feel free to save this post. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.
I look forward to warming it up for you and prepping your main course.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Uh, you forgot to mention his back injury. ;)

Anyone who has age on his/her body and experiencing back problems can tell you it doesn't get better the older you get, especially not when you're getting hit by a solid object with weight and speed. ;)

Let me know when he quits being able to throw the football, until then, he's fine.

Zordon

Reaction score
Lol at 40% wanting Romo. You guys are sick and probably never been in a locker room. Bunch of fantasy nerds that think you can sit/start players at will. Romo can't leave soon enough bc it's obvious Dak will be watching over his shoulder as long as he's here and his Stans don't get their way. One ****** loss in 3 months and yall panic...smh.

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
Lol at 40% wanting Romo. You guys are sick and probably never been in a locker room. Bunch of fantasy nerds that think you can sit/start players at will. Romo can't leave soon enough bc it's obvious Dak will be watching over his shoulder as long as he's here and his Stans don't get their way. One ****** loss in 3 months and yall panic...smh.

And you sound like a Dak stan..pot, meet kettle. It's absurd to think it's absurd that we shouldn't even have a discussion having Tony Romo at our dispatch the way Dak has been playing lately.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I voted for Romo in every poll except the last one, and now this one.

Once I saw that Dak clearly had command of this team, I made the switch. Now I'm going to stick with him. To bench Dak because of a loss is just crazy talk. There's a strong chance that Tony won't even be on the team next year so you have to let Dak suffer through his growing pains. Anything less would be detrimental to the team and to his maturity as the leader of our football team.

I do admit that I would like to see how Romo performs in a game if we lock up the bye and home field advantage though.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

The locker room is why I say the coaching staff won't make the move and made the decision, regardless of how things go, several weeks ago that it's Dak or bust.

I have no problem with that. It's what they believe is best for the long term of the team. I can respect that.

Unfortunately I still believe, as I did when this was first questioned months ago, that they've chosen to sacrifice a championship run this year for the potential and hope that they can get more runs at it in the future.

Hopefully that gamble pays off.

Now something on a personal note for me about the locker room and Dak in particular here.

1) You should be able to start and sit based off performance. You can't because far too many humans are weak minded. That's why they can't do this because they have to worry about the confidence of the player (s).

2) If Dak is really looking over his shoulder, as you suggest, that's pathetic. Straight up. I don't agree with you. I don't think he is. I'd certainly hope he isn't. That's not the kind of mental toughness you want from your leader.

Thankfully, for me, I don't believe Dak is that mentally weak.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably not entirely correct. There is a contingent that keeps changing its mind and then a majority that is firmly in one camp or another.
That's mostly true but how the votes are tabulated is interested. In the six polls (including the current poll as of 2:28 pm CST) that ask "Do you want Romo to start the next game or stick with Dak?", 571 of 661 (86%) members have voted for one quarterback to start the next game while 90 members (14%) have changed their vote to the other quarterback. Definitely a majority in one camp or the other as you stated. However, only 2% (8 out of 347) of the members solely voted for Prescott in all six polls, while only 3% (11 out of 404) members who voted only for Romo voted in all six polls. Thus, upwards to 732 members (97%) may have changed their minds about either quarterback during the period that the polls have been available.

Note: I did not include the votes provided in the single "Do you think Romo will become the Cowboys starter again this season?" because I personally think the poll question asks what the front office might do at an undetermined time during the season, as opposed to the question posed by the remaining polls that asks members who they would choose to start in the next game following each poll..

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
That's mostly true but how the votes are tabulated is interested. In the six polls (including the current poll as of 2:28 pm CST) that ask "Do you want Romo to start the next game or stick with Dak?", 571 of 661 (86%) members have voted for one quarterback to start the next game while 90 members (14%) have changed their vote to the other quarterback. Definitely a majority in one camp or the other as you stated. However, only 2% (8 out of 347) of the members solely voted for Prescott in all six polls, while only 3% (11 out of 404) members who voted only for Romo voted in all six polls. Thus, upwards to 732 members (97%) may have changed their minds about either quarterback during the period that the polls have been available.

Well for some members (me) - I've always felt Romo should be the starter once healthy but I think I only voted in 2 of the 6 polls

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well for some members (me) - I've always felt Romo should be the starter once healthy but I think I only voted in 2 of the 6 polls
That's understandable. The same goes for many members who feel the same way about Prescott but did not vote in all polls. I had hoped that the active membership would have voted much more frequently to give a better picture of general opinion from week to week but CowboysZone should not be the center of anyone's universe every day! :)

oh no. I've committed blasphemy. :oops::p

Zordon

Reaction score
And you sound like a Dak stan..pot, meet kettle. It's absurd to think it's absurd that we shouldn't even have a discussion having Tony Romo at our dispatch the way Dak has been playing lately.
:lmao2:at me being a stan for sticking by the QB who has us at 11-2. Do you hear how absurd you sound? You're criticizing me for supporting a QB who has us in the #1 seed spot and the best record in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.