CZ POLL Do you want the Cowboys to draft offense or defense with first pick?

Do you want the Cowboys to draft offense or defense with first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

conner01

Reaction score
The draft when we drafted Witten,ware,Canty and company when Parcells was here elevated the team quickly day 1. Big impact. We need to have a draft like this again.People forget we also got Spears in that draft and he was good for us for a long time. Nothing flashy but held his own at end.
Heck of a draft

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I'm good with either... The truth is, aside from QB, WR, and RB, we really could use just about everything else.

S, DB, LB, DE, OL, DT, TE... All of them would be a viable option for what this team needs.

cheyennes

Reaction score
I liked playmakers and think Wadle Devonta Smith or Pitt, any be there, Sewell or trade down for defense

king987

Reaction score
The answer is Defense, but BPA matters most. Obviously QB is off the table and almost definitely WR with who they have.

But if Pitts is on the table? Sewell? Slater? Big D's O-Line and TE crew are definitely not good enough to pass on those guys, not if the team is certain one of them is the BPA at 10.

There will be DBs & LBs available later in the draft to bolster the roster. I want this team to pick the best players, especially in the 1st.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I want highest rated player and value to be drafted at 10. BIGGEST IMPACT to team day 1. Im not tied to any position or player If I am Dallas.

biggest impact would be a day 1 started on defense as that is our biggest issue.

conner01

Reaction score
Farley scares me at 10.
Me too
Health issues
Surtain is the safest pick at 10 defensively
Trading down a few spots and getting Horn wouldn’t hurt my feelings though it’s risky since someone else could slide in front of you

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Prefer defense, but if Pitts is there, you have to strongly consider taking him. This defense will be better if the offense can sustain drives & score TDs instead of FGs. And passing on him gives NY an Philly the opportunity to take him. The defense will be helped not having to face him twice a year. The best scenario would be a trade down IF you caveat that the trading partner must take Pitts.
that is a good point !

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you should have had a 3rd option BPA, that would be my pick.
I never give easy way outs for polls I create otherwise everyone would select them which would invalidate the premise of the poll.

If you have no preference, then skip this poll and maybe the next one will interest you more.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Definitely offense only because of
the 4 players drafted w/the Cowboys last 10 first-round picks two have been complete busts & two have made a Pro Bowl appearance.

They always have better luck drafting offense first. CeeDee Lamb has proven so last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.