CZ POLL Do you want the Cowboys to draft offense or defense with first pick?

Do you want the Cowboys to draft offense or defense with first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Come on Reality.
The obvious choice is BPA within reason.....so offense or defense.
You don’t even provide the proper, sane, answer as an option
:facepalm:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defense, unless Pitts is there, you have to take him.
Or a slight trade down.

Hardline

Reaction score
Any defensive pick at 10 is a borderline reach.

I would only draft Surtain at 10 on the defensive side if Pitts,Sewell or Chase are off the board.
If those 3 offensive players and Surtain are off the board I try to trade down to the Parsons or Horn range and hope one is there.

kskboys

Reaction score
Good to see most fans have a clue, and it's just a few loudmouths who think we should draft O.

kskboys

Reaction score
Any defensive pick at 10 is a borderline reach.

I would only draft Surtain at 10 on the defensive side if Pitts,Sewell or Chase are off the board.
If those 3 offensive players and Surtain are off the board I try to trade down to the Parsons or Horn range and hope one is there.
Parsons is being projected as a possible top 5 pick. Mock I just looked at had him going 4th.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Prefer defense, but if Pitts is there, you have to strongly consider taking him. This defense will be better if the offense can sustain drives & score TDs instead of FGs. And passing on him gives NY an Philly the opportunity to take him. The defense will be helped not having to face him twice a year. The best scenario would be a trade down IF you caveat that the trading partner must take Pitts.
I trade up if needed to grab Pitts. Teams will also want Pitts..so if we have to trade up for him to control the 10th pick..it becomes more valuable if we decide to trade the pick. We have a chance to make the 10th pick worth alot more to my way of thinking.we sat last year and got luck with Dee Dee. Teams are not going to stand around and let us take Pitts without a fight. Book it. All he'll will break loose when its our turn. The phone to the Star will be jammed. ESPN will love it. Piper and company will explode on camera try to decide what is happening in Cowboyville.

Hardline

Reaction score
You shouldn't state your opinion as fact. In all likelihood, there are several, but picking them out is very difficult.
You're right. It's only an opinion but I have a great track record of opinions.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Pitts, Sewell, or Slater if they are there. Those guys are going to be very high quality players in the NFL.

The cowboys will not be near the number 10 pick again. Injuries are the only reason they are there. Get the player worth a top 10 pick.

They have the most comp picks in the nfl, and after the top 10-15 there are lots of quality defensive players they can add.

Status
Not open for further replies.