CZ POLL Do you want the Cowboys to give Dak Prescott a new contract? **merged**

Do you want the Cowboys to give Dak Prescott a new contract?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It would be best for both parties for him to move on as a free agent. He gets to choose his next destination and the new Cowboys HC can start over with the QB he wants

morat1959

Reaction score
He’ll no! Move on! The sooner the better. Same with clapper, old man and ST coach! Kellen More hasn’t shown me shot either. Another JJ hand picked whizz kid! This is a dysfunctional organization!

morat1959

Reaction score
I honestly don’t know what the Dak haters want to see. The fact of the matter is the Cowboys have NEVER had a Brees, Brady, Rodgers, or Mahomes caliber QB in franchise history. Those players are rare and a majority of the league has avg QBs when compared. Dak was a 4th Round after thought pick. He’s outperformed his draft stock dramatically. He plays winning football as his (38-22) record shows. He does make the throws. The question is can our receivers catch. We have the most drops in the league and it has directly contributed to Daks int count.
Wow! You just came out from under a rock!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I would try to sell him to the XFL...

Failing that I would spend a mid round pick on a smart/heady QB, show him hours of video of Dak handing off to Zeke and throwing straight line passes to wide open guys, and run him out there for week 1 next year and save tens of millions.

Fire407

Reaction score
I would be all in on signing him for $32 million a year, but not $35 million or over.

triplets_93

Reaction score
While getting Dak better protection, it is troubling to me, that someone with his experience is still throwing panicked interceptions when the pocket collapses.

Further, I am worried that Dak does not have the situational awareness to be a top tier NFL QB. If he doesn't have that now, I don't know that he ever will.

So this means keeping Dak and being successful means having and keeping top tier defensemen, and top tier receivers AND Tight Ends. And so far, that is not happening.

The fact that MOST of the time Dak is throwing to guys inches from the sideline is telling and depressing. Top Tier QBs don't need the time that Dak seems to need to get a good pass off.

Dak's great throws, add up to luck, and against teams with losing records.

I want a QB who can WIN against teams with winning records. Everything else, including great "stats" mean nothing to me.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
Should have been done in training camp. Shows instability to the rest of the league, team, and of the franchise. This is not hard.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Sign at the end of the season at the very least. Tagging him doesn't make sense, you'd still be paying him the average of the top five money for an exclusive tag.
And if it's non-exclusive a team would snag him. He's a franchise player.

DakIsTheTruth4

Reaction score
Wow! You just came out from under a rock!
I’ve got points to make and opinions to change. We might all want the same thing (a damn Super Bowl) but 60% of this forum doesn’t understand that this isn’t on Dak. I’m not afraid to criticize him either. He didn’t play very well today but every QB in the league has a disappointing game at some point.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I need to see more, so I tag him. Unfortunately, Jerry overvalues the players he has so I expect he will be signed to a record breaker sooner rather than later.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I’ve got points to make and opinions to change. We might all want the same thing (a damn Super Bowl) but 60% of this forum doesn’t understand that this isn’t on Dak. I’m not afraid to criticize him either. He didn’t play very well today but every QB in the league has a disappointing game at some point.
Just curious, what is your regular forum user name?

Swagger

Reaction score
The worry that many of us have always had about Prescott is that he needs a load of talent around him. That's not a derogatory comment as that applies to most quarterbacks in the NFL.

The issue is that people were blaming the offensive line yesterday or other players...well if Prescott signs for $35+ million then he will have even less talent around him and an even weaker offensive line.

We have seen how poorly he plays when others do not perform to their best around him so that is a scary thought.

Would having new coaches bring out more in Prescott? Potentially yes and maybe this is the way to go initially with Prescott on the tag then see how we get on.

I just do not want Prescott to get paid like the best QB in the league when he clearly isn't as it will effectively knee cap the team for a further 5-6 years.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I said wait, as I am still not sure.
See how he bounces back the last 4 games.

What I really want is a new HC and let him decide.
yeah thats why you wait and use FTag, and see what new coach can do with him.
Dak is better than most qb's, he just needs to be coached differently, and in a different style offense.

If I was HC of the cowboys tomorrow, I would gladly take dak and just retrain him and use him differently, in a much different offense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah thats why you wait and use FTag, and see what new coach can do with him.
Dak is better than most qb's, he just needs to be coached differently, and in a different style offense.

If I was HC of the cowboys tomorrow, I would gladly take dak and just retrain him and use him differently, in a much different offense.

What is he a show dog?
Look, man, you either got it or you don't and it's pretty evident by now Dak does not have it!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What is he a show dog?
Look, man, you either got it or you don't and it's pretty evident by now Dak does not have it!
to some degree players are like a show dog, or a sporting dog, they are only as good as their trainer has trained them.
I know you dont like dak, and I see his flaws, but I see flaws in all the qb's.
Dak has a horrible HC, a pass happy rookie OC, with little nfl experience, and he has not been "trained " properly, or used correctly and the offense
is not suited to a qb like dak.

If jerry made me HC tomorrow , I would gladly take dak , and probably do way better with him than JG has.
Dak is durable and ok passer and good runner and he tries hard. But he need a good mentor to make him better and a different style offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.