CZ POLL Do you want the Cowboys to give Dak Prescott a new contract? **merged**

Do you want the Cowboys to give Dak Prescott a new contract?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I think there may be something to him not being more aggressive at running the ball when the pocket collapses with his current contract status. Sign the man, he’s earned it and has proven Dallas can win with him, despite playing opposing defenses + Garrett every Sunday.

romonumberone

Reaction score
As I have said all along.... even before I was a member here....lol. I would trade him to the worst team in the league.... The Bengals this year for a #1 in 2020. a #3 in 2021, & a #1 in 2022.

I would at this point start tearing it down and trade and trade and trade for draft picks. Dallas for the most part has done a good job hitting on their draft picks.

Reaction score
I voted for after the season/franchise tag him. Personally, I think with the right coaching, scheme, and supporting cast around him (the current roster is mostly good enough) Dak is more than good enough to take us to a Super Bowl and win it. We simply need better scheming in general both offense and defense, with more variety, and ESPECIALLY more disciplined play out of our players a la the Patriots (and our Cowboys teams under Landry and Johnson).

cml750

Reaction score
Franchise tag him. Assuming Garrett is gone after th season it would allow the team to get a look at him for another year under a real coach. That being said I do not think he will ever be a true franchise QB so if a good one falls to the team in the draft they should take him.

JustChip

Reaction score
Let’s see how he bounces back.. he’s looked lost the last two games. No swagger, no confidence. He’ll be cheaper if he stinks up the joint.
But if he doesn’t bounce back and “stinks up the joint”, wby would you want to sign him to a long-term deal even if it’s cheaper?

lwehlers

Reaction score
franchise tag or if his demands drop to around 25 million a season. he is not worth top five qb money. he has not won against a winning team now in last ten games I think. some of that is not his fault but to me he hasnot put the team on his shoulders and won a game against a winning team since his rookie year.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Can you put the fate of the game on Dak's shoulders and rest assured he will lead you to a win?

If your answer is hesitant or no, he's not the guy you pay.

Right now, my answer is no.

Fire407

Reaction score
I still want to see Dak with a different HC. There's old video of Mike Holmgren calming down Brett Favre after he made a bunch of errant throws. We need a coach that could do the same for Dak.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Alright, so 85% of the fan base is resonable and somewhat supports Dak.

Other 15% ready to throw caution to the wind and hope for we can acquire a rookie the caliber of Mitch Trubisky.

Cmac

Reaction score
Got to do something.....or we'll hear Case Keenum is signing in the offseason.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Let the new coach make the call but I'd get ready to move on. I really don't want another decade long experiment.

And don't talk about Super Bowls when we haven't won two playoff games, in how many years?

Fire407

Reaction score
Alright, so 85% of the fan base is resonable and somewhat supports Dak.

Other 15% ready to throw caution to the wind and hope for we can acquire a rookie the caliber of Mitch Trubisky.
Even though Chicago wants to move on from him, Mitchell Trubisky could look like an all pro against us on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.