CZ POLL Do you want the Cowboys to sign Earl Thomas?

Do you want the Cowboys to sign Earl Thomas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Ha Ha has proven to be what some of suspected. Just a name everyone knows but really “just a guy”

he should have always been considered safety depth from they get go

I am not a fan of the nonsense surrounding ET but safety continues to be a glaring need and is the main hole in our overall roster.

I’m willing to roll the dice that ET can give us six months of decent behavior and help us win some games.

Adreme

Reaction score
I still think that signing a player the Ravens let go is as much a trap as signing one the Pats let go. For both those teams, when is the last time they lost someone who went on to do something good? The Ravens lose a high priced FA every year and every year the team that pays gets buyers remorse. If ET was let go it is because the Ravens figured his loss would not be that big of a deal which is weird considering they have little NFL experience behind him.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Reasonable contract with an out if things go sour. This FO constantly devalues positions with the thought process that an abundance of strength in another will suffice. He is a significant upgrade over anything currently on the roster. Sure it’s a risk but you work the contract with the ability to cut the cord with the first sign of distress. If you’re gonna neglect a need and a potential gem falls in your lap then by all means you take the risk.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I'm all for adding talent, even with some issues. As long as it is wisely set up by the front office. Obviously he's not in his prime due to injuries, but he's still leaps ahead of what is on this team, and he brings a pedigree we've lacked for quite a while. If it's done right, what's the loss? No trade. Wait for the release.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yes.....prove-it deal
As a former team captain, with HOF credential, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with the Raven issues. He F'ed up.....own it and move on. IF he's willing to do that and show coming here has nothing to with money ($3-5M max), I have no problem giving him a year to prove it.

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
BTW.....Just a reminder, we chased Earl for over 15 months, even offering the Seahawks a 2nd round pick. They refused to trade or release him. Forcing him to the final year of his deal which he missed almost the entire season with an injury. As a free agent, he was determined to be the highest-paid NFL safety WITH OR WITHOUT the Cowboys, which led to his contract with the Ravens. The lesson of the post.....he chose $$$$ over signing with his favorite team. Greed can be tricky..

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article227568624.html

eromeopolk

Reaction score
We need a DT more. But, however, After losing to the NFC East to Eagles 3rd, 4th String, and former practice squad offensive players, some of these Cowboys players on defense need to be punched in the face. E.T. phone HOME to the Cowboys...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Let's ignore the contract details and assume that it was a fair market contract but with favorable terms for the Cowboys.

With the word that Dix is not panning out, we've got to think about it. And if he's not *clearly* above Wilson and the rookie, cut him and eat the loss if we sign Thomas. Can't have endless vets in their contract year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
From all indications, Earl Thomas doesn't have his head on straight nowadays.

The Ravens found out the hard way and I just can't see Dallas doing the same.

Paying too much for him, then having to deal with a nutcase? Umm, no thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.