CZ POLL Do you want the Cowboys to sign Earl Thomas?

Do you want the Cowboys to sign Earl Thomas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
i admit that i'm actually torn both ways, and i can see the argument on both sides.

Earl is a toxic locker room element, he's had squabbles and run-ins with teammates from his last previous teams both ravens and seahawks.
Internal drama can kill morale and create added stress that grows at its worst in the toughest of times.
Coaches and players want the reilef of a non-toxic atmosphere. You saw what Terrell Owens did to his team's locker rooms.

the flip side is we also saw how Owens the player impacted and changed the tone of the playing field.
What can Earl the player do for a team that doesn't look too encouraging at safety right now ?
He's twice ad easily as better as anyone else we currently have at starting safety.
Ha Ha losing out to journeyman Darion Thompson who is clearly more of a special teams than starter ?
Doesn't speak volumes. And i've seen enough of Thompson's coverages to know he'll get exposed big time if he has to start.

Earl is a ball hawk INT guy, hes much more physical a tackler than Clinton Dix or Woods,. and he can still match up in coverage
even at age 31.
We've gambled on a psycho Charles Haley who was traded because he was viewed as a toxic locker room cancer, to be the final piece of a Super Bowl, would we be willing to do go gamble another toxic player in an all out effort to go for the SB ?

i keep hearing many talk of money, but i think it's more the clauses and stipulations that have to be set in place first with Earl.
he may not want to submit for those kind of conditions, ..but it has to be take it or leave, imo.
Owens was on his best behavior when Jerry was paying him week to week. All the nonsense started the year where he got a big signing bonus-he seem to feel empowered that he couldn't be cut.

dckid

Reaction score
Right?

People want to make him sound like Hardy was.

I said this on another post..

He was a Pro Bowler last year.

I said sign him and throw him in the lockroom.

Let the team leaders deal with him.

Let McCarthy earn his salary.

Deal with the problems and the staff needs to get their Spurs on.

This is not the Cumbaya League. We are 2 weeks from showtime.

This team needs to show some character and some backbone.

This team is full of players being paid like CEOs of big corporations to play a game all of us learned in our backyard at 5 years old.

NO more excuses.

After 25 years of failing..time to play and stop with the dysfunctional BS.

No more Mr. Nice Guy Cowboys. I am pretty fed up with who and what we have been for the last 2 decades.

Earl Thomas and Aldon Smith are my new poster boys.

Forget Zeke and Dak exchanging neckcharms to show how much they care about each other.

Time to piss some other teams off.
Dude I love your viewpoints... maybe it’s my bias because you agree with me.
Sign ET and let him know you can’t miss meetings and such. McCarthy is hopefully building a culture of accountability and ET deserves a second chance especially at getting him as a free agent. This is a no brainer. Hopefully Jerry makes it happen.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dude I love your viewpoints... maybe it’s my bias because you agree with me.
Sign ET and let him know you can’t miss meetings and such. McCarthy is hopefully building a culture of accountability and ET deserves a second chance especially at getting him as a free agent. This is a no brainer. Hopefully Jerry makes it happen.
I am just frustrated..what can I say.

For years we have messed ourselves and failed.

The team navigates itself into theoretical contention after the last 4 years of talent acquisition and good capology..

and after a decade of sleepwalking with Garrett and Jerrah's nonsence running the team..

we finally have a quality HC who can do the job..

and a blue chip player like ET suddenly becomes available needing no trade, no draft picks and has repeatedly wanted to play in Dallas to finish his career..

and we just sit back and say..

"Well what have we here now?"

Nope..you look to the sky thru the hole in the roof at ATT and say

"Thank you Lord..

I knew if I waited long enough..you would send me a message.."

And sign ET and get busy winning some games.

:popcorn:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We had people here wanting to give the Ravens a draft pick, then we had people thinking there was going to be a feeding frenzy. :muttley:

ET is still a free agent. There are reasons for that. Veterans minimum plus incentives. Nothing more.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We had people here wanting to give the Ravens a draft pick, then we had people thinking there was going to be a feeding frenzy. :muttley:

ET is still a free agent. There are reasons for that. Veterans minimum plus incentives. Nothing more.
Sign in week 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.