Does a Small Part of You Feel Bad For Dak?

pitt33

Reaction score
Nope.

I feel bad for me for being a fan of this mess for the last 30 years.

And there’s no end in sight.

kskboys

Reaction score
Granted he has fame, fortune and the undying love of America's Cowboy, but a small part of me feels bad for him in that he has a high visibility job which he NEVER should have put into, and at which he will ultimately be (is) a flop.
Until he held out for max bucks, maybe a little.

nobody

Reaction score
Granted he has fame, fortune and the undying love of America's Cowboy, but a small part of me feels bad for him in that he has a high visibility job which he NEVER should have put into, and at which he will ultimately be (is) a flop.
No. Any sympathy he might have garnered evaporated when he demanded such a high contract. Do you see him saying he'll take less for the good of the team? No? ZERO sympathy.

kskboys

Reaction score
No. Any sympathy he might have garnered evaporated when he demanded such a high contract. Do you see him saying he'll take less for the good of the team? No? ZERO sympathy.
Yup. If Dak comes out and says he'll play for 25 mil/season, I'll be back on his side.

Holding out for max contract and not performing up to it is how to get the fans against you. If Dak were worried about this, he'd be in contract talks for a lot less. If he doesn't care, then we shouldn't either.

nobody

Reaction score
Yup. If Dak comes out and says he'll play for 25 mil/season, I'll be back on his side.

Holding out for max contract and not performing up to it is how to get the fans against you. If Dak were worried about this, he'd be in contract talks for a lot less. If he doesn't care, then we shouldn't either.
I'd respect him more as a player (trying to do what he can to help the team) if he came out and say he'd play for 25 mil per season, but he's still what he is and we'll never win the big one with him. With that, I wouldn't want him as our QB. He's still a good guy off the field.

btgboys41

Reaction score
I don't know what 3rd world you live in but ain't no player turning down a big payday, maybe you would though. I wouldn't even if I sucked.
The post is about if I feel sorry for him. The reason I don’t is as I stated. I don’t begrudge him taking the money. Not at all. I just stated he gets no sympathy from me. ;)

Beaker42

Reaction score
No, not one bit. And his smarmy *** is going to demand $60 mill per for absolutely SUCKING IN BIG GAMES.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The post is about if I feel sorry for him. The reason I don’t is as I stated. I don’t begrudge him taking the money. Not at all. I just stated he gets no sympathy from me. ;)
He gets none from me either. The one to blame for his contract is Jerry. All Dak can do is ask for it. A smart GM declines.

nobody

Reaction score
He gets none from me either. The one to blame for his contract is Jerry. All Dak can do is ask for it. A smart GM declines.
The problem with that attitude is that it shows us a QB with zero ability to to predict the results of his actions. He was so focused on getting paid that he didn't care or realize it would cost the team talent in other places and hamper the team.

So yes, I do blame Dak some for his contract. We all know that we don't have a smart GM, but that doesn't absolve Dak of screwing the team.

McCarthyMustGo

Reaction score
He is a nice guy and does a lot for the community. He wants to win and simply can't for whatever reason. I for one think this team around Dak is highly overrated due to the media. So, I guess that I do feel for him.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The problem with that attitude is that it shows us a QB with zero ability to to predict the results of his actions. He was so focused on getting paid that he didn't care or realize it would cost the team talent in other places and hamper the team.

So yes, I do blame Dak some for his contract. We all know that we don't have a smart GM, but that doesn't absolve Dak of screwing the team.
A player in this age will always go for max money, unless you have a super rich wife. Just how it is now a days. If he were out there lolly gagging around, drinking, being caught with drugs, cussing out the media, then I'd call him an a hole and he doesn't deserve. When he walks up to the negotiating table, it's up to Jerry to put his foot down. I blame Jerry, Dak's reached his sealing.

nobody

Reaction score
A player in this age will always go for max money, unless you have a super rich wife. Just how it is now a days. If he were out there lolly gagging around, drinking, being caught with drugs, cussing out the media, then I'd call him an a hole and he doesn't deserve. When he walks up to the negotiating table, it's up to Jerry to put his foot down. I blame Jerry, Dak's reached his sealing.
Oh please, like he NEEDED 40 million per year over 30 or 35. I don't mind him wanting to get paid, but not at the expense of talent on the team. I don't care if the man is a saint, no player is worth 20% of the cap (at the time). What exactly had he done up to that point that merited that much? What has he done NOW that merits that much? Had he led the team to a SB, I'd have at least understood it more.

Yes, players want to get paid. There's no shame in that, but they should have the basic foresight to know that the more they get paid, the less there is to pay other talent on the team. If they don't take that into consideration you know they're only in it for dollars and not winning. That's gets us the results we're seeing every year. Falling short when it matters most.

Jerry and Stephen made perhaps the biggest mistake in 20 years giving Dak that contract. Not because Dak isn't a decent QB. He is a great regular season QB. He's just not a SB capable QB. He's a stats warrior, not a post-season warrior. But if he had a shred of team spirit and a desire to win it all, he'd have accepted less. He'd be talking publicly of accepting less for an extension now. It's time to move on and cut him after June 1st for the good of the team, but that would be Jerry admitting he made a mistake. That's unlikely.

nobody

Reaction score
I think that's harsh. He's a choker, not a loser.
Exactly. He's a choker. He is not a loser as he's generally a great guy off the field and a success. I'll definitely have a few beers with the guy. I just don't want him as my QB unless he's the backup.