1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone here want JG around?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by underdark, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

14,693 Messages
    7,372 Likes Received
    We need another poll.

Amy50632 and waldoputty like this.
  2. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Zone Supporter

5,211 Messages
    4,129 Likes Received
  3. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

27,479 Messages
    17,929 Likes Received
    Well...……...we definitely know IDGIT wants him here. Not sure if there is anyone else.

Amy50632 likes this.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,216 Messages
    59,404 Likes Received
    Let's hope. The last coach I didn't like was Wade, but I even ended up defending him a lot of the time because, even though he wasn't a good head coach, he was a good guy and a really good coordinator. Unfortunately, just being moderate in a sports forum puts you in the minority most of the time when it goes down, no matter what the topic. :)

Aviano90 likes this.
  5. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

9,567 Messages
    16,107 Likes Received
    Fire his arse yesterday

Amy50632 likes this.
  6. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

3,322 Messages
    9,435 Likes Received
    I want JG around to clean floors/bathrooms at the Star, but nowhere near the day-to-day operations of this franchise.

Amy50632 and IheartRomo like this.
  7. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

19,000 Messages
    18,013 Likes Received
    He who knows not and thinks he knows.....

Amy50632 likes this.
  8. Idgit

58,216 Messages
    59,404 Likes Received
    I did not type it with a straight face, no.

That doesn't mean there's not a ring of truth to it, though. Even if all you do is ***** about everything, all the time, you've still got a pecking order. I adjust my interpretation of everybody's relative priorities for the Cowboys based off of where I think they fit on the general whininess curve. Because believing everybody here hates everything, all the time, equally, makes it kind of hard to draw a meaningful distinction.

9. Idgit

58,216 Messages
    59,404 Likes Received
    Hey look! A post about posters and not about football. From visionary, of all things.

I'm going to screen capture this rare creature so I can look at it later, because it's not often you see one in the wild like this.

10. TooTall_Jones

TooTall_Jones Well-Known Member

178 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    Yes, methinks some people are just "playing devil's advocate" just to get a rise/response out of people and keep the conversation flowing.....lol....and age old strategy for writers and social media enthusiasts to garner more attention. Outrage and conflict sell more papers than everyone agreeing on an obvious point, right?.......there is NO WAY after a decade of incompetence, broken promises and failure that anyone could truly be in Garrett's corner.

Amy50632 and visionary like this.
  11. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

5,544 Messages
    1,965 Likes Received
    +1

12. Idgit

58,216 Messages
    59,404 Likes Received
    *reins.

TwentyOne likes this.
  13. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

5,544 Messages
    1,965 Likes Received
    I hear you bro.

Its hard to withstand all the critics these days. Gotta have character ;)

Idgit likes this.
  14. Idgit

58,216 Messages
    59,404 Likes Received
    Didn't we go through this back when Garrett couldn't possibly be extended? Right before he got $30M/6 years or whatever it was at the time? Before the 12-4 season or the 13-3 season and the NFL CotY campaign everybody wants to pretend never happened because it's somehow reasonable that we lost a playoff game to a comparable team because the coach and not the bad players we trotted out to defend Aaron Rodgers?

Do we really have to pretend it's actually been a decade of *coaching* incompetence here in Dallas? do we not care to remember how things were before Garrett was here? How those coaches fared? At what point is is reasonable to consider that maybe the issue isn't actually the coach and that changing coaches is fine and all if y'all are bored with the one we've got but not all that likely to address the actual problem?

I think some of you guys are willfully blind.

Corso likes this.
  15. Idgit

58,216 Messages
    59,404 Likes Received
    Hey, we all get our day in the barrel.

At the end of the day, it's all good. It's just football. And we're just spectators.

Corso and TwentyOne like this.
  16. Richmond Cowboy

Richmond Cowboy Well-Known Member

2,484 Messages
    2,853 Likes Received
    I just don't want to see his face ever say "claw and scratch" again. It's kind of creepy TBH.

17. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

20,855 Messages
    17,555 Likes Received
    I'd cut bait with JG and I wouldn't wait 'til things get worse. Do it now. I'd fire Linehan too, except who's going to be the interim HC? Maybe Richard?

Amy50632, Furboy and Bob-Lillys-War like this.
  18. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

41,174 Messages
    60,407 Likes Received
    There's barely a ring to truth to it. Very few people are openly defending the organization (front office, Jones boys) while railing on Garrett.

They are intertwined and most people are pretty clear on that.

I think trying to make the argument that you did is just another in a long line of deflections for Garrett. But I kind of expected that as this thing has progressed. With each passing season, each game where we struggle, it becomes harder and harder to defend Garrett's performance on the field. It's going to be interesting to see where some of you fall if this season, once again, is a non-playoff disappointment.

romothesavior, Amy50632 and stasheroo like this.
  19. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,111 Messages
    70,496 Likes Received
    8-plus years and 1 playoff victory and you have the nerve to call anyone else "willfully blind"?

Comedy gold right there.

Corso, Amy50632 and TooTall_Jones like this.
  20. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,111 Messages
    70,496 Likes Received
    I'm glad that you can maintain that perspective.
    :thumbup:

Corso, Amy50632 and Idgit like this.