1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone here want JG around?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by underdark, Oct 9, 2018.

1. TooTall_Jones

TooTall_Jones Well-Known Member

178 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    It boggles my mind how 2 seemingly intelligent people can look at the exact same situation and be polar opposites in their interpretation. At the very core, I assume we are BOTH cowboys fans and ultimately want the same thing, right? ie: another SB ring that has eluded us for 20+ years.

Based on your response, here is my take:
    (1) Naturally I'm aware of the failed decade BEFORE JG, but they are long gone and no longer a concern... However, JG is STILL here, many years PAST the point of most people realizing he did not have the preparation, aptitude, discipline, mastery, experience, game-planning, adjustments, contingencies, culture, accountability, etc necessary to EARN his $6 million paycheck or consistently teach and COACH this team to anything more than mediocrity.

(2)The only constant to the last 10 years of failure has been JG the COACH (aside from JJ)...he has churned through countless personnel and elite HOFs with the same abysmal results.......he has had the EXACT SAME decade of off-seasons to prepare, train, teach, assess personnel and place them in a position to WIN, just like every other NFL HC......how is it that the friggin BROWNS now look closer to a SB than the DALLAS COWBOYS...how possibly can you defend this man's performance? Wasn't HE directly involved in choosing and preparing all of our new personnel, drafts, FA's..every soul that was brought on this team for the past 10 years...........man, come on........enough is enough, it is as obvious as the cocktail in Jerry's hand.........we have embraced a culture of softness, acceptance, entitlement, forgiveness, deflection...no PLAYER ingrained that in the COWBOYS.......the HC did and we will continue to lose under him, regardless of personnel......COUNT ON IT.......no QB, WR, RB or any other ELITE player is going to bring us to the SB until JG is GONE!

2. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

26,246 Messages
    19,040 Likes Received
    You don’t have to dress him up.. he looks like Rowdy as is..

Corso, Amy50632, Jarv and 1 other person like this.
  3. khiladi

26,246 Messages
    19,040 Likes Received
    I would like to just add, I was callling for Garrett to be gone by 2008-2009 after watching Romo have to costantly play street ball to bail this goof-ball out and I was saying he’s a cancer to this organization back then and his survival here is based on scapegoating others. I know @Chocolate Lab and @Galian Beast were others.

Where’s Hostile, the other Garrett-homer, at?

But I did get the Bailey situation wrong this year of it makes Garrett-homers feel better.

4. Teeroy

Teeroy Member

51 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    That's a no for me

Amy50632 likes this.
  5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,118 Messages
    70,515 Likes Received
    I remember! I still have my "GROG" jacket in my closet, how about you?

Amy50632 and khiladi like this.
  6. waldoputty

waldoputty Well-Known Member

23,268 Messages
    21,130 Likes Received
    yea, i requested a poll and the thread was deleted

7. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

11,388 Messages
    12,264 Likes Received
    Him as the coach still? Oooh...gosh...

[​IMG]

Amy50632, waldoputty and khiladi like this.
  8. waldoputty

23,268 Messages
    21,130 Likes Received
    no he is an 8088 running in windows 10

dallasdave likes this.
  9. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

5,532 Messages
    4,221 Likes Received
    It scarred me. I will never forget the cruelty you displayed upon thy cowboyszone following.

Amy50632 and Idgit like this.
  10. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

14,279 Messages
    30,848 Likes Received
    Earlier you said that Wade Phillips wasn’t a good head coach.

now you’re making a comparison that Garret has fared better than prior coaches.

However, Wade was just as successful as Garret has been.

So if the results are similar, and Wade wasn’t a good head coach, what does that make Garret?

Amy50632 likes this.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,219 Messages
    59,409 Likes Received
    Bolded what I consider to be the operative phrase there, for emphasis.

Either way, I appreciate the tone of the reply. I sincerely don't think the issue in Dallas has been coaching, and that didn't change because of the coin-flip decision to punt or try to run it last weekend. I think Garrett's a good enough coach to win with if we assemble the right players, and I think we struggle to assemble the right players in Dallas and have since Jimmy left/the boon from the Herschel trade wore off and free agency started.

I really don't think it's a great mystery what the issue is, and the problems with the HC are a MacGuffin that keeps fans talking about the team rather than about the structural issues that keep the team from winning.

TooTall_Jones likes this.
  12. Idgit

58,219 Messages
    59,409 Likes Received
    Come at me, bro.

13. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,637 Messages
    10,959 Likes Received
  14. khiladi

26,246 Messages
    19,040 Likes Received
    Just shows how much love we have for the Cowboys that we can expend so much energy in false hopes with this clown as our HC..

Amy50632, TooTall_Jones and stasheroo like this.
  15. waldoputty

23,268 Messages
    21,130 Likes Received
    yea, i wonder who keep deleting/drama-zoning my garrett posts
    like the garrett poll thread i started yesterday...

dallasdave and Amy50632 like this.
  16. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

16,858 Messages
    20,786 Likes Received
    Ummmmmm, no shout out for me??

Amy50632 and khiladi like this.
  17. underdark

underdark Well-Known Member

1,133 Messages
    778 Likes Received
    Gotta have character? Is that you Coach Garrett? Sorry I was right kind of fan enough for you.

Amy50632 and stasheroo like this.
  18. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Zone Supporter

9,431 Messages
    12,794 Likes Received
    Post the question on the Giants or Eagles boards. They love Jason and hope he coaches here forever.

TooTall_Jones, Amy50632 and khiladi like this.
  19. khiladi

26,246 Messages
    19,040 Likes Received
    Amy50632 likes this.
  20. Idgit

58,219 Messages
    59,409 Likes Received
    Don't you mean '22 years and 3 playoff victories'?

Or, no, because that period of relative futility extends beyond the Garrett regime and makes the argument that the issue is the current HC difficult to swallow.