Does Anyone Know if Players/Coaches Post on the Zone?

superpunk

Reaction score
glad the board's on a Princess Bride kick today...

GREAT movie.

I was gonna tell someone that they fell victim to one of the classic blunders earlier today, but i forgot.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1439278 said:
Or maybe he really did, but you're just saying this to cover it up...or maybe you knew we'd think you're just covering it up, so you responded this way anyway...or maybe I knew you would reply that way because you knew we'd think that, so I just spent the last few years of my life building up a tolerance to locane powder...

:drunk:
The latter maybe? :D

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
I don't know who JJT is but I definately know who is his favorite poster

Charles formerly known as Qcard;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Charles;1439323 said:
I don't know who JJT is but I definately know who is his favorite poster

Charles formerly known as Qcard;)
Wanna bet?

I got my money on WG whom he has given shout outs to on his radio spot and hooked up Darren Woodson autographs for her.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Does anyone really need to ask this question? This is where you can tell who lacks that "Abe Lincoln gift" of putting himself in someone else's shoes. Hell, I get tired of reading cyberspace wanna-be coaches and GMs 24/7, I can only imagine what it's like for someone actually involved in the business. According to cyberspace, at one time Julius Jones was the next Emmitt Smith, Chad Hutchinson had the skills of Aikman, Rob Petitti was going to beat out Flozell Adams, and so on....

Assuming a player even wanted to hear the fickle opinion of a fan who loves him one week, hates him the next, a fan who thinks his high school football (if even that) qualifies him as an NFL expert.... there's just too much potential trouble if that player ever let on who he was. The only way to do it is the way TO does on his message board in a controlled environment. His own website, quick unexpected Q&As, control over questions, no feedback allowed. And this is from someone who isn't exactly the most stable guy in the world either, he mostly needed a way to communicate with the outrage over his behavior in Philly. I doubt most players want to create a set-up like that. As for coaches, those are some of the busiest workaholics in the world, I doubt they can browse the web period, much less waste time on some message board.

No, the only people who have incentive to browse here are reporters and PR people. I believe the moderators here when they say Dallas writers browse the boards. It's a free brainstorm session. I've seen articles from writers that mimic a good idea on a message board. It's also a great way to get in touch with the fan sentiment. The people who buy your papers and dish out monthly fees for "exclusive content." Some of the reporters like JFE who have become more shock value than legit reporting (not that I blame her, that's pretty much the direction most of the media has gone, sports or non-sports) can probably get a good idea on what buttons to push.

Regarding the reaction of some message board posters to those who claim to have sources: IMO, there is nothing wrong with people being skeptical about someone who doesn't have "message board cred." I'm not going to believe some guy with 5 posts who has been a member for 2 weeks that he's well connected unless he proves it. Anyone who hangs around cyberspace long enough knows that there are always people trying to pull these hoaxes. And really, if some stranger came up to you in the street and told you he worked for the Cowboys scouting office, would you just accept it and move on? Why should there be different rules for the internet, especially with the anonymous nature?

There's also bad reaction to anyone who name drops. If you really know a pro athlete and have some good insight, and if people believe you, there's going to be some good feedback. If you're just name dropping because you played a round of golf with some former Cowboy at a charity event, well, don't be surprised if there is negative reaction when you try to pass that off as inside info. Regarding Petitti's old man, I didn't read much by him in the last days, but I think there were two forces at play. One is the fickle fan that I mentioned in the first paragraph. It's going to happen to any player who can't live up to expectations. It's a brutal life, the fans love ya one week, hate ya the next. Another was probably a natural reaction from everyone who was sick of the brown nosing. That's sad that Petitti's old man had to bear the brunt of it because it's not his fault that fans were kissing his rear every second and overrating a lineman who rarely showed starter skills, but I think a lot of people let that stuff slide because he was affiliated with a Cowboys player. When the writing was on the wall for Petitti, Pittdawg was no longer sacred ground, ya dig?

silver

Reaction score
this is the best board on the net IMO. i've been around some of the posters here like BP since the days of the NFL Rants (that later became espn and died). I remember a troll who went by the name of Apache. he was a Commanders fan i think. that dude was hysterical. i also remeber the posters at the vikings site. those dudes were something else. anywho, of all the places i've visited in the past this is by far the best site. hopefully it will continue this way. the draft is around the corner, we should get some of the regular insiders back in time before that.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I can't believe no one has ID'd me yet.

The truth is out there...

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Avery;1439592 said:
I can't believe no one has ID'd me yet. The truth is out there...

Are you a professional athlete, sports writer, Coach, or a Poster who changed their name?