Does anyone really think Dak would veto trade at this point?

plymkr

Reaction score
He’d be better off leaving Dallas.

And so would the overall fan base.

The pressure is only ramping up on him to perform in big games and he’s proven he’s not up to task.

It’s time.
True. And as the pressure ramps up he plays worse.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I could see him going to Den to be reunited with Ben DiNucci. Maybe Seattle or Tampa. Other then that, most teams are set at QB. If he plays out his contract, Dallas can tag him for around $37M next year. I think if he hits FA or shops around he'll find out he's not going to get a big contract. A rookie contract is half the tag amount and if they draft someone in the 2nd or 3rd round even cheaper with probably the same outcome of barely making the playoffs.
He cannot be tagged. He cannot be traded. His agent negotiated for those clauses to give Dak control of his immediate future. Dallas is going to cut him now, resign him for a contract he wants, or let him play the season and become a free agent next March. He isn’t going to waive anything except maybe wave his middle finger at the idiot owner of the Cowboys and the team’s fans that don’t think his efforts over nine seasons were adequate enough to suit them on his way out of town.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm not afraid of losing tank Lawrence, I mean at some point you have to let some of your older aging players that want bigger contracts go like tyron but at quarterback you're playing with fire trying to replace a quarterback thinking hey we could put enough great players around him for the money we're saving by allowing our veteran to walk and you're going to find out that the key piece is the quarterback and people can blame Prescott for all our failings in the playoffs... umm I watched every one of those games and I can tell you right now he's never had the support that Troy and Roger had not with the coaching staff ,not with the schemes ,definitely not with the offensive line in the run game, and for sure there's been at least three of those playoff losses that can be looked at as defensive issues...

So again, IF you want to replace Prescott so you have more money to build a better team that you think then you can put an average quarterback there and then win games, you better look around the NFL that doesn't happen very often its why SF gave up on JimmyG and Lance even with that squad, same thing with Goff, I mean those two quarterbacks grumpy better teams IE more talented and had a better coaching and still couldn't win the Super bowl.....

I'm not saying I'm afraid to start over and lose Prescott , I'm saying if you're going to get rid of Prescott you might as well deal Parsons ,Diggs, and lamb get what you can for them while they're young and rebuild everything you can't allow Prescott to walk and then renew all those contracts because until you find a elite quarterback that's better than Prescott those pieces aren't helping because they're not helping now what have they done in the playoffs all these big names that we've had that are up for new contracts if this fan base wants to move on from Prescott because they think he's not getting it done in the playoffs and he's going to be overpaid well that goes for every great player either with a new contract or up for a new contract deal them away then go find the quarterback and then you can start over with this big reciprocal chasing your tail trying to get the right team together to get farther than the second round that isn't happening overnight...
I am talking about the Jacksonville quarterback, Lawrence. Like Parsons he is up for an extension.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If you are considering a bad first half grounds to say a QB is bad then all 14 QBs in the playoffs this year were bad because every single one had a bad half. In some cases multiple bad first halves and they won the game. The difference is that they did not have a defense give up 6 TDs in the first 7 possessions which no team in NFL playoff history has ever won having done that. So when people ask me to rate the problems, the QB having a bad half rates pretty low when every QB in the playoffs had at least one bad half in the playoffs compared to the defense giving up a performance that has never been won from. Maybe that is a crazy position but to me that is the only one that makes sense.
Yeah I agree the defense played bad. But what can you expect when Jerry and the FO doesn't want to fix the run D and Quinn had to make due with Marques Bell.

Regardless, Prescott and his INTs threw this game away. When we needed a first down our offense failed too and not just the defense.

Adreme

Reaction score
Yeah I agree the defense played bad. But what can you expect when Jerry and the FO doesn't want to fix the run D and Quinn had to make due with Marques Bell.

Regardless, Prescott and his INTs threw this game away. When we needed a first down our offense failed too and not just the defense.
You cant say Dak threw the game away when no team in playoff history has won from the position the defense put them in. Every single QB in the playoffs had at least 1 bad half (many in games that they won). The reason the Cowboys did not win whereas 49ers won twice under such a scenario, the Chiefs won under that scenario, the Bill won once, etc. was that the defense was not historically bad. You could have put Mahomes behind center and they still lose and the reason I can say that is because in the fairly long NFL playoff history no team has won from that position.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Why can’t you wait for it? You guys sound more like Eagles fans by the day…
Because I've never fallen for his BS act. I knew after his first season there was something wrong with him. He could never throw the ball off balance. It's snowballed though. He has no freaking business getting paid like best QBs. And his performances in playoffs games has been awful. His stat padding hasn't fooled me. I hate the **. Remember all the people saying ohh his salary won't hurt the team. What a bunch of fools for believing that one. I feel like this is the closest this team has been to being a really good team and he is wasting the roster. He never could beat any teams worth a dam. I hated the way he has been so protected over the years. No competition whatsoever for that starting job.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because I've never fallen for his BS act. I knew after his first season there was something wrong with him. He could never throw the ball off balance. It's snowballed though. He has no freaking business getting paid like best QBs. And his performances in playoffs games has been awful. His stat padding hasn't fooled me. I hate the **. Remember all the people saying ohh his salary won't hurt the team. What a bunch of fools for believing that one. I feel like this is the closest this team has been to being a really good team and he is wasting the roster. He never could beat any teams worth a dam. I hated the way he has been so protected over the years. No competition whatsoever for that starting job.
His salary hasn’t hurt the team lol. Thank your GM

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am talking about the Jacksonville quarterback, Lawrence. Like Parsons he is up for an extension.
Ohh OK I totally missed that are you saying he might set the market I don't know Jacksonville doesn't look very hold on this guy... It will be interesting to see what they do with him I mean who else is up for a contract? I mean fields got traded two guys end up on one team there in Pittsburgh and then you have Trevor Lawrence but I think that might be about it so the market shouldn't be raised up too far like I said I hope that Prescott somehow isn't looking for the biggest contract ever the bragging rights he deserves whatever he can get I get it he said and take a giant discount but I think he should think about the Tom Brady thing other people have done it around the league where they take top five money but they don't need to have the number one new market setting contract... Sometimes you need to think about your success is linked to the team so therefore somehow you have to kind of meet in the middle with these negotiations... And I'm not just saying that about Prescott I'm saying that about Parsons and lamb... Again people are gonna come in and say you know they should get Max money and the biggest deal possible but as a person who wants their team to succeed they should probably be thinking that same way I mean you look at Trayvon days when he took his contract wasn't it #4 in the league and now he slipped to five I mean that is a good thing and I'm hoping the rest of our players kind of get on board with that that they don't have to be breaking the bank and bragging rights to have the highest at their position...

lostar2009

Reaction score
Nah, especially if they have the funds to pay him and they are a playoff caliber team.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
And this is exactly why anybody thinking that Dak isn’t getting an extension is kidding themselves. If the plan was for Dak to be cut or not resigned, why the heck wouldn’t the Cowboys have traded Dak prior to all these QB needy teams trading for other QBs? Dak is getting signed to an extension so brace yourself for that fact.
This makes sense, but we're dealing with two of the dumbest football minds in the NFL.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Lol.....Chicago only got a 6th for Fields....and I would take Fieilds over our dope in a heartbeat...
Well. .. I'm not going to argue on Dak's behalf for value.

But for teams that are desperate for just reasonable QB pkay, who've gone a long time with poor QB play, I could see someone getting desperate and saying Awww Screw It, let's give a pick in the 80s for Dak Cousins. He'll at least be good in Sept and October, and maybe get us a single WildCard game to get me some playoff money.

But I could ALSO see nobody interested I'm trading anything at all for Mr September and his unwarranted giant contract.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Wow, we obviously have fans that don't really understand football at all. Fans that hate Dak don't think he is a top 32 QB much less top 10 and yet, the coaches and GM of other teams consider him a top ten if not top 5 QB. Fans listen far to much to media hacks like Orlovski instead of what teams actually believe.

Yep Fields only landed a sixth round pick. Which by the way was what Las Vegas predicted some months ago on their betting lines. Those same betting lines have Dak worth at least 2 1st and 2 2nds, think I will take their word for it over disgruntled fans.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak was 40 million dollars worth of hot garbage against Green Bay. Parsons and Lawrence and Bland and the rest of our defensive studs sucked. Lamb and Martin and Smith and the rest of our offensive studs sucked. Everyone sucked including Dak. 40 million dollars worth of sucking all by his big baby self.
Not saying Dak played well, but how often does any QB win, when their defense gives up 200+ yards and over 5 yards a carry?