Does anyone really think Dak would veto trade at this point?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Would veto a trade at this point? Seriously what does he get from staying with this organization vs anyone else at this point? This is like watching a broken record with different names on the back of NPC's at this point. So besides money which he already has what else could he get from staying in Dallas.
He will sign for 60 million dollars. He won't be going anywhere. He is holding the Cowboys hostage. He owns a entire football field for god sake. Does anyone think he can take that with him to the next team?

This organization is going down the tube. I blame Jerry and his son for not being able to run in correctly. Such idiots.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
You can tell when a quarterback is doing his part in a game such as the Greenbay game. Dak was part of the problem. I'm not saying he was the only one that played bad, but I'm not going to pretend that a lack of running game and run defense kept us from winning despite Dak's valiant effort.
Dak was the problem. Those two possessions in the beginning of the game where he failed to convert 3rd downs spelled doom. Then he threw those INTs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You can tell when a quarterback is doing his part in a game such as the Greenbay game. Dak was part of the problem. I'm not saying he was the only one that played bad, but I'm not going to pretend that a lack of running game and run defense kept us from winning despite Dak's valiant effort.
I guess you can’t put yourself in a QB’s position knowing that your defense can’t stop the run and knowing your offense can’t run the ball. So it all falls on you the QB. There’s only 1 Brady and 1 Mahomes. Dak dominated the regular season lacking the before mentioned. If you can’t see that, I’m sorry.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am not a Dak fan but I am starting to feel bad for the guy. I know for that type of money I would take the abuse too but if I were him, I would ask for a fresh start somewhere else.
It would do him, the Cowboys and fans good if Dak moved on.
It would be interesting to see how he does on another team too.
He does not need to ask for a fresh start, he will have one next year.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I can’t see him wanting to go to a team without a first round draft choice until 2026. Isn’t more likely he would not waive his no trade clause, play out his contract, become a free agent, consider all offers, and choose the one he likes the best? I’m guessing that is more likely than any team being stupid enough to trade even one 3rd round draft pick for a 30 year old quarterback whose team doesn’t want him and will have to be paid over $50 million per year and can be had without giving up any capital in 360 days. I can see him very much wanting to stay as long as he has to to become a free agent.
I’m curious where he goes next year then at that point. A lot of teams are drafting their future qb this year. 6 possibly in first round.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If the Vikings called and said they’d offer firsts at 11 & 23 2024 draft and a one first in 2025 draft, they have to convince dak to waive it. I can’t see him wanting to stay
Why would Dak Prescott want to go to a team with no draft picks? Why would he want to help Dallas on his way out?

Makes zero sense.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I guess you can’t put yourself in a QB’s position knowing that your defense can’t stop the run and knowing your offense can’t run the ball. So it all falls on you the QB. There’s only 1 Brady and 1 Mahomes. Dak dominated the regular season lacking the before mentioned. If you can’t see that, I’m sorry.
Dak has the worst playoff win/loss record. Nobody is arguing that he can't get you there; But he doesn't step up and does his fair share to win either. When the Quarterback doesn't do his share to keep you in the game, you can't expect the Defense to play inspired either.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Don't forget a GM, that has no idea how to improve the roster.

Adreme

Reaction score
Dak was the problem. Those two possessions in the beginning of the game where he failed to convert 3rd downs spelled doom. Then he threw those INTs.
If you are considering a bad first half grounds to say a QB is bad then all 14 QBs in the playoffs this year were bad because every single one had a bad half. In some cases multiple bad first halves and they won the game. The difference is that they did not have a defense give up 6 TDs in the first 7 possessions which no team in NFL playoff history has ever won having done that. So when people ask me to rate the problems, the QB having a bad half rates pretty low when every QB in the playoffs had at least one bad half in the playoffs compared to the defense giving up a performance that has never been won from. Maybe that is a crazy position but to me that is the only one that makes sense.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Yes, he would in most cases.
The whole point of a no trade clause isn’t to avoid all trades.
  • It provides security and forces negotiation rather than the team getting mad and sending you to hell.
  • It protects a player’s value by preventing the team from sending him to a perennial bottom feeder.
  • It protects a player’s family from being uprooted or having Dad working halfway across the country, away from family for a big part of the year

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Some fans don’t get the Dallas Cowboys gravy train for players. The Joneses have a legitimate reason to ask players to take home town discounts. If Dak played for any other team and had similar stats he would not have 1/3 of the commercials. Wait to we see how many commercials CeeDee is in next season.
I don't remember a player in recent history that has taken a hometown discount to stay with the Cowboys.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dak was 40 million dollars worth of hot garbage against Green Bay. Parsons and Lawrence and Bland and the rest of our defensive studs sucked. Lamb and Martin and Smith and the rest of our offensive studs sucked. Everyone sucked including Dak. 40 million dollars worth of sucking all by his big baby self.

StarLord

Reaction score
I see his sleep commercial and I'm in MD... Can't remember if I see it only during football games or outside of them, but I do see them. That's the only one I think I see.
Also in MD and will see the sleep number from time to time.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I’m curious where he goes next year then at that point. A lot of teams are drafting their future qb this year. 6 possibly in first round.
Where he can make the most money. And three of those six will show by October they are not the answer anytime soon. And then the teams who’s QBs careers are coming to an end and teams that are encouraged by what they have sans their QB and can afford an experienced QB that is playing well. In any case, the opportunity to have as many teams as possible bid for his services without having to compensate the Cowboys to acquire him has a mighty strong appeal.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why do people start nonsensical posts like this if that was gonna be the plan they would have done it right out-of-the-box March 1st not heading into the draft and where all teams have all but settled on who their quarterback is gonna be it would be dumb business that's not the plan it never was the plan and it's not gonna be the plan...

So can we stop posting about getting rid of Prescott when he's not leaving he will be our quarterback for 2024 unless he forces his way out and he will go into free agency unless this front office decides at the last minute before the season starts which is something they've done before a couple weeks before the season starts they could come up with an extension... This isn't over it's far from over people don't even realize seven days into free agency people are freaking out about the offseason already thinking they're tanking thinking they're blowing this team up and not even trying to win this year and it's all nonsense this front office has never done that even when they should they tried to win every game including the last couple it could have helped their draft a few spots and they still tried to win at all costs....

I realize we're not going as far in the playoffs as we like but the grass isn't greener on the other side try to force out Prescott because you think this money's coming out of your pocket and you think somehow all this extra money is going to help the team but it isn't gonna go anywhere without a quarterback you don't just find good quarterbacks that are second team all pro second MVP voting that are never been part of a losing season the man led the league in touchdowns was one of the top three quarterbacks in the league last year and y'all are in a hurry to get rid of him...​
If you think those extra draft picks somehow guarantees you a great quarterback and then you just can keep on getting to the playoffs and then get over the hump with the new guy you might want to check there's a stat out there somewhere that 95 quarterbacks have been drafted since 2016,​
I believe only one has won a Super Bowl...​
If that's the goal then you're going to use these draft picks going draft after draft trying to find a good quarterback when you already have one right here,​
so let's just stay in 2024,​
I don't care what happens after that Prescott's our quarterback and we need to try to win it this year because yes naturally if he doesn't get an extension this whole thing might get blown up but if the Cowboys truly wanted to start over why don't they trade lamb or Parsons or diggs?????​
why does it always have to be Prescott if they need more draft picks and you want better players on this team that are not making big money and not getting you the Super bowls why not them ALL when's the last time they did something special in the playoffs they get us to a Super Bowl how about that offensive line it's been terrible in the playoffs ,where's the run game, these all these players should be traded if that's what we're using is they're making too much money and not getting us over the hump, they should all be let go we should turn into The Jets or the Browns because that's what this place seems to want the Browns had like two first round draft picks and some years 3 it could never find a quarterback it went out and overpaid for Deshaun Watson both in money and draft comp, The Jets overpaid with compensation for Aaron Rodgers and the Denver Broncos went and done some dumb shift for Russell Wilson... they all gave up draft picks and big time money because they could not find a guy in the draft for a decade!!!​

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Why do people start nonsensical posts like this if that was gonna be the plan they would have done it right out-of-the-box March 1st not heading into the draft and where all teams have all but settled on who their quarterback is gonna be it would be dumb business that's not the plan it never was the plan and it's not gonna be the plan...

So can we stop posting about getting rid of Prescott when he's not leaving he will be our quarterback for 2024 unless he forces his way out and he will go into free agency unless this front office decides at the last minute before the season starts which is something they've done before a couple weeks before the season starts they could come up with an extension... This isn't over it's far from over people don't even realize seven days into free agency people are freaking out about the offseason already thinking they're tanking thinking they're blowing this team up and not even trying to win this year and it's all nonsense this front office has never done that even when they should they tried to win every game including the last couple it could have helped their draft a few spots and they still tried to win at all costs....

I realize we're not going as far in the playoffs as we like but the grass isn't greener on the other side try to force out Prescott because you think this money's coming out of your pocket and you think somehow all this extra money is going to help the team but it isn't gonna go anywhere without a quarterback you don't just find good quarterbacks that are second team all pro second MVP voting that are never been part of a losing season the man led the league in touchdowns was one of the top three quarterbacks in the league last year and y'all are in a hurry to get rid of him...​
If you think those extra draft picks somehow guarantees you a great quarterback and then you just can keep on getting to the playoffs and then get over the hump with the new guy you might want to check there's a stat out there somewhere that 95 quarterbacks have been drafted since 2016,​
I believe only one has won a Super Bowl...​
If that's the goal then you're going to use these draft picks going draft after draft trying to find a good quarterback when you already have one right here,​
so let's just stay in 2024,​
I don't care what happens after that Prescott's our quarterback and we need to try to win it this year because yes naturally if he doesn't get an extension this whole thing might get blown up but if the Cowboys truly wanted to start over why don't they trade lamb or Parsons or diggs?????​
why does it always have to be Prescott if they need more draft picks and you want better players on this team that are not making big money and not getting you the Super bowls why not them ALL when's the last time they did something special in the playoffs they get us to a Super Bowl how about that offensive line it's been terrible in the playoffs ,where's the run game, these all these players should be traded if that's what we're using is they're making too much money and not getting us over the hump, they should all be let go we should turn into The Jets or the Browns because that's what this place seems to want the Browns had like two first round draft picks and some years 3 it could never find a quarterback it went out and overpaid for Deshaun Watson both in money and draft comp, The Jets overpaid with compensation for Aaron Rodgers and the Denver Broncos went and done some dumb shift for Russell Wilson... they all gave up draft picks and big time money because they could not find a guy in the draft for a decade!!!​
:hammer:I keep seeing posts that Dak wouldn’t make close to $40 million on the open market.:rolleyes::facepalm: If that was true Dak would have signed the extension last offseason. Believe me there is a team that would give Dak what he wants. Cousins is 36 years old coming off of a torn Achilles and an embarrassing playoff loss to the Giants. He was a free agent for two hours. Dak was second in MVP voting, 2nd team All-Pro, and is 31 years old starting next season. He would have had at least 3 teams bidding for him.