Does anyone think Dak is better than Romo was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabazz

Reaction score
we will have to agree to disagree....yes Romo had some bad games as every QB does....but he was so clutch too....if he had the 16 team we would have went all the way

…..doesn’t take me me the 16 team to go all the way.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

that is when our offensive line was at highest peak and defense in top half....and Zeke was a monster....Romo would have assaulted the league with that

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

do you ever watch Kurt Warners film videos on QB's after each week....the one he did on Dak after SF....its on Dak we lost that game...plain and simple

shabazz

Reaction score
do you ever watch Kurt Warners film videos on QB's after each week....the one he did on Dak after SF....its on Dak we lost that game...plain and simple

yup. Kurt did a great dissection of Dakota reacting to pressure that never existed and lack of proper reads and pre-snap adjustments

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
yup. Kurt did a great dissection of Dakota reacting to pressure that never existed and lack of proper reads and pre-snap adjustments

it to be honest deeply concerns me Dak is not mentally processing the field at the rate it takes to be successful in this league.....he seemed to do much better ealier....was it the 2-high shell

teams began to routinely run on him in last half of season?

Batman1980

Reaction score
it to be honest deeply concerns me Dak is not mentally processing the field at the rate it takes to be successful in this league.....he seemed to do much better ealier....was it the 2-high shell

Gotta beat that by gashing them with the run, both with the RB and the QB. Hopefully in 2022, Dak will be more willing to run for yardage like he was before.

shabazz

Reaction score

what concerns me is the little things that a 6 year veteran should know. Warner talks about Dak not using a double cadence to get the defense to show their hand in certain situations. How the qb coach or OC is not getting Dak to utilize things like this after 6 years is beyond me

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
what concerns me is the little things that a 6 year veteran should know. Warner talks about Dak not using a double cadence to get the defense to show their hand in certain situations. How the qb coach or OC is not getting Dak to utilize things like this after 6 years is beyond me

now we must remove Moore

shabazz

Reaction score
now we must remove Moore

…….easier to get rid of one guy than the others under contract and underperforming…..and it may be the right call……he’s the last remaining influence from the Garrett coaching system

edit….I guess Nussmeier is technically one of Garrets guys too

KeepinTime

Reaction score
In a word, no. You’d be hard pressed to find anything Dak is better at than Romo was. Romo was more accurate, Romo knew how to throw a receiver open, slightly better scrambler, better at reading a D, better pocket passer, better at feeling pressure, etc. What a waste of a talent. Wish they guy could’ve gotten a ring.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
…….easier to get rid of one guy than the others under contract and underperforming…..and it may be the right call……he’s the last remaining influence from the Garrett coaching system

edit….I guess Nussmeier is technically one of Garrets guys too

Moore looks like paper boy that is why no one take chance on him HC....a VET 300+ DT might turn him into a pretzel....i believe he lacks authority "presence" now Jimmy was not a huge man...but the dude

carried ultra authority "presence"

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
we will have to agree to disagree....yes Romo had some bad games as every QB does....but he was so clutch too....if he had the 16 team we would have went all the way

Neither Dak nor Romo were Clutch. That doesn't mean they weren't good quarterbacks, and had comeback games and such. But clutch is consistently showing up in big games, and you are part of the reason those big games are won. And being Clutch, there has to be some playoff success as well. Some people's definition of what clutch is, is such a low standard that it is not even worth bragging about.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Romo's back can't take NFL hits anymore, it was absolutely time to pass the torch to our next franchise QB.

I think that is pretty much true. I don't think Dak would've lasted long either though with some of the bad lines that Romo had. This years line is elite compare to the historic bad line that romo had to play with.

DFWJC

Reaction score
In a word, no. You’d be hard pressed to find anything Dak is better at than Romo was. Romo was more accurate, Romo knew how to throw a receiver open, slightly better scrambler, better at reading a D, better pocket passer, better at feeling pressure, etc. What a waste of talent. Wish the guy could’ve gotten a ring.
Dak was a better runner (not a scrambler, but runner). Not that Dak was a great runner, but better than Tony.
He protected the ball better early in his career too.
That's about it

Status
Not open for further replies.