Does Dak have a low football IQ?

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That's great in theory and all, but pressure came pretty quick. Tough to throw the ball away in that situation and had he just gotten rid of it and ended up with an INT we would all be on here saying how you have to just take a sack in that situation and live for another play.

There are some things I would put on Dak, but he was not the main failure on that sack.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
That's great in theory and all, but pressure came pretty quick. Tough to throw the ball away in that situation and had he just gotten rid of it and ended up with an INT we would all be on here saying how you have to just take a sack in that situation and live for another play.

There are some things I would put on Dak, but he was not the main failure on that sack.
He didn’t lose the game but he didn’t win the game. He didn’t stay cool calm and collected on that sequence. He processed the situation slow and let the team down. Mahomes reads that situation much faster and comes up in clutch.

Reaction score

He was close enough to the end zone that he could have thrown it into the stands, with no chance to be intercepted. As a smart QB would have done.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
All this justifying Dak, condemning Dak means nothing.

Did we win a critical game we should have won?

NO!

Dak, as the quarterback and the highest paid player on the team, takes the bulk of the credit when we win and the bulk of the criticism when we lose.

Don't like it? Doesn't matter.

It is what it is. It comes with the territory. Insert your own favorite cliche.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
All this justifying Dak, condemning Dak means nothing.

Did we win a critical game we should have won?

NO!

Dak, as the quarterback and the highest paid player on the team, takes the bulk of the credit when we win and the bulk of the criticism when we lose.

Don't like it? Doesn't matter.

It is what it is. It comes with the territory. Insert your own favorite cliche.
Bills seem to have issues. Trade for Allen and sign him to a deal!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He didn’t lose the game but he didn’t win the game. He didn’t stay cool calm and collected on that sequence. He processed the situation slow and let the team down. Mahomes reads that situation much faster and comes up in clutch.
Agreed, but Dak ain't Mahomes and neither are the other 30 QBs in the league. I think there is a difference in having a low football IQ and not being Mahomes. You call all 10+ yard routes against man coverage you've got to have an oline that gives you more than 3 seconds to get the ball out. There probably was a slight window where he could have gotten rid of the football, but I think this is way more on the RT than Dak.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

I would rather have lost throwing a pick in the end zone than the clownish way we did lose. At least it would have been a valid attempt. We didn't get one ball in the end zone on that last series.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dude just make an I dont like Dak thread, stop trying to smoke screen it...I would love for you to break down the film and tell me what desicions he should of made based on your vast knoweledge of MM's scheme and its defensive keys...

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I would rather have lost throwing a pick in the end zone than the clownish way we did lose. At least it would have been a valid attempt. We didn't get one ball in the end zone on that last series.
Dak threw it to CeeDee in the endzone on the very next play.

Reactions: CWR

shabazz

Reaction score
Dakota scored a 25 on the Wonderlic…….Romo scored a 37

At least Dak was able to beat out Terry Bradshaws score of 20. Terry couldn’t spell CAT even if you gave him the C and the T.

Here’s your sign.

Last edited: