Does Dak have a low football IQ?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
well you should look into google it will keep you from looking bad when talking about stuff..its GOOGLE

The Mississippi State QB earned his bachelor’s degree in educational psychology (2014) followed by his master’s degree in workforce leadership (2015).

Basketweaving lol do you normally make such blanket statments based on no facts at all?
When will people learn that a good Wonderlic score means you’re better at taking a test than measuring actual intelligence? And vice versa?

SackMaster

Reaction score
Dak, as the quarterback and the highest paid player on the team, takes the bulk of the credit when we win and the bulk of the criticism when we lose.
:laugh:

That is funny right there. When the Cowboys win, there is a large enough population on CowboysZone that comes up with any and every excuse they can come up with to take away or reduce any credit Dak could have in the win.

Hell, against the Rams I kept reading how it was "just the Rams defense" when in reality, the Rams D, specifically the pass D, is significantly better than the Eagles Pass D.

The only thing the Rams lack is the Eagles passrush, yet not having that, they are better than the Eagles in every other pass D metrics. Which with LESS of a passrush is pretty darn impressive.

Did Dak win the game against the Eagle? Obviously not. We lost.
Yet virtually no credit was given when Dak DOUBLED the number of Passing TDs the Rams D had given up for the year the week before.

But ya, Dak gets "the bulk of the credit when we win".
:facepalm:

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Sweat was on him in 1.5 seconds. Very difficult to survey the field with that kind of pressure. Sometimes things just go wrong. You don't want them to but things happen. I'm trusting the last thing Dak wanted there was to take a sack. I believe we should have been helping Steele on that play.

links18

Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
There is one word too many in your title.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
WHAT!

so a pre-snap penalty pushed us back 5 yards? whose IQ is that? then the HC, OC and OL coaches had a brain fart, having seen Steele being abused, yet insisted on leaving him on an island...why? is that on Dak? is that his IQ?

so yeah, you want to put all the blame on one person. make him the coach, the OL coach, the OC and everything else, but there is plenty of blame to go around.

with that said, why didn't we even consider running from the 6? why not focus on lack of run blocking and our inability to Run?

sorry, your post was misguided at least in the context you used.

btw, Dak is not Elite, so arguing and complaining why he is not elite is just another one of the 14,587 threads that already try to prove what's already known fact.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Screenshot-20231026-220907-Photos.jpg

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
All this justifying Dak, condemning Dak means nothing.

Did we win a critical game we should have won?

NO!

Dak, as the quarterback and the highest paid player on the team, takes the bulk of the credit when we win and the bulk of the criticism when we lose.

Don't like it? Doesn't matter.

It is what it is. It comes with the territory. Insert your own favorite cliche.
Dak doesn't get bulk of the credit when we win. its everybody else that did it. when we lose he talks all of the blame.

you stand corrected.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dakota scored a 25 on the Wonderlic…….Romo scored a 37

At least Dak was able to beat out Terry Bradshaws score of 20. Terry couldn’t spell CAT even if you gave him the C and the T.

Here’s your sign.
what does wonderlic have to do with anything football related? its been proven its a meaningless test for football that makes GMs feel better.

Blaine Gabbert scored a 42

Dan Marino Scored a 15.

Cmac

Reaction score
The person that doesn't have to do the job will never tell you or know how difficult it is.

It must be boring Wednesday for this thread to surface.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
The answer is YES....however, that sack was the fault of Corky the HC & OC for having him drop straight back instead of moving wide where he could have had an open lane to throw it away if possible. Dak has a low football IQ, but I can somewhat accept it based on the fact that he does try hard....Corky on the other hand, just flat out has a lazy brain.
That's so unfair on coach Mike!

I have it on good authority he can recite the entire Burger King, McDonalds and Taco Bell menus in English, French, Japanese and Arabic while riding a monocycle and juggling 6 chainsaws.

The man is a certified genius.

75boyz

Reaction score
Reading defenses, processing speed, pocket awareness, field vision and real time decision making could all be categorized under Football IQ.
He is slow in all the above.
So that's a YES from me.

jmo

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is stupid or has a low football IQ. I think he has Mahomes confidence without Mahomes talent. He doesn't understand his own limitations. I also think he sometimes doesn't trust what he sees and other times he is slow to react to what he does see. So it's not football I Q, it is processing and trust and knowing when he should fold (throw the ball away) and when he should hold (buy more time).

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Dakota scored a 25 on the Wonderlic…….Romo scored a 37

At least Dak was able to beat out Terry Bradshaws score of 20. Terry couldn’t spell CAT even if you gave him the C and the T.

Here’s your sign.
Troy Aikman's was a 29 :) and the great Patrick Mahomes was a 24.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
That's great in theory and all, but pressure came pretty quick. Tough to throw the ball away in that situation and had he just gotten rid of it and ended up with an INT we would all be on here saying how you have to just take a sack in that situation and live for another play.

There are some things I would put on Dak, but he was not the main failure on that sack.
His wonderlic was 25. Middle of the road

shabazz

Reaction score
well you should look into google it will keep you from looking bad when talking about stuff..its GOOGLE

The Mississippi State QB earned his bachelor’s degree in educational psychology (2014) followed by his master’s degree in workforce leadership (2015).

Basketweaving lol do you normally make such blanket statments based on no facts at all?
I never mentioned what Daks degree was? Aren’t you comprehending what I’m posting?

ah…….nothing triggers like a good Wonderlic reference:laugh: