Does Dak really care about the Super Bowl when he negotiates for every penny?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
People using Brady as an example are correct, but they may also want to start including Mahomes in that mix.
Extremely team-friendly deal if you look at the relevant first 4-5 years. He's still rich, btw. lol

But those guys are in the huge minority.

What Dak did is what most players do.
Not really fair to expect any different, though it doesn't hurt to hope that he would.
It's called wishful thinking for a reason
people forget brady's first two contracts were amongst largest in the league at the time. subsequently he took less and he is been in the league now over 20 years, which is highly unusual. plus his wife makes 100M a year....Brady could play for free and he would be a millionaire.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m sick of watching greedy NFL players getting paid more and more money every year. Never mind I do the same thing when I seek promotions or pay raises at my job. I still work for the love of corporate America. I Love it. NFL players should be playing for the love of the game and the inevitable CTE that will impact lives after the game. Point blank period. Not everyone has the opportunity to develop CTE in their life times. NFL players should appreciate the fact they are getting the opportunity to do so. Greedy players man.
this made zero sense.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Dak and he is a smart person, BUT, He knows this team needs Defense badly! We cannot win a Super Bowl without a legitimate Defense. As great as Tom Brady is, he has never won a Super Bowl without an outstanding D. Look what Tampa Bay’s Defense did to Aaron Rogers and Mahomes in back to back games!

I wish Dak would have taken 33-35 million( still Amazing $ ) per year. This would have left more money to sign someone like KJ Wright prior to the draft. This would have, enabled us, to check of a MAJOR DEFENSIVE need prior to the draft.

What has Russel Wilson won since signing his huge contract? Not many playoff games! He just whines about getting sacked. Hey Russel, maybe your team could have upgraded your O line, IF THEY HAD THE MONEY!!
Lol! Ridiculous, make your money and let the FO worry about. I left a great job for a high paying job. Retired at 50....id still be working 4 years later if I hadn't of taken advantage of it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I

Dak says he wants to win. With this contract, and how it handicaps the team, does he REALLY want to win, or does he REALLY want to be the 2nd highest paid player? What does he want more?
this made zero sense. you have no idea, but speaking only out of anger and emotion this your arguments are all over the place.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter if Dak is the 2nd highest paid player or making minimum, we are not going to the super bowl. Dak was on a peanuts contract for years and went 1-2 in the playoffs.
do you mean Dak went 1-2? or was it the team that went 1-2?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Do Stephen & Jerry really care about a Superbowl when they failed to sign Dak to a market value fair deal 2 years earlier when it would have been 8 to 10 million dollars cheaper?

Motorola

Reaction score
sure and drive that car into brick wall no matter what he makes he collecting his money, and?

that mil he collected for 4 games and a 1-3 start was awesome show of driving skills was it not..yea buddy
As we all know, Cowboys fans have be divided about this QB for some time now.
Since this deal was set up, both sides have doubled down on their stance. The bottom line is the Cowboys FO ceded some control.They have to sit back and observe that #4 delivers the goods - plus hope that their decisions on improving the defense (personnel, coaching) will be in lockstep over the next four seasons.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Looks like you have trouble reading then. No crying it is what it is , more disappointment Dak. Can't wait while you post all the reasons it isn't his fault again and again for the next few years. Not sure why Dak apologists see Dak as some franchise saving QB, he has accomplished nothing in 5 seasons. After beating up on some bottom feeder team all we will hear is stats stats and more stats. When they play a good or great team and Dak does his magic disappearing act it will be Zeke's, or Coops or or the D gave up 17 points what do you want Dak to do and the best of all the refs fixed the game..
you dak haters and your labeling just crack me up all the time.....Dak is not a franchise saving QB. Dak is an NFL top 10 QB, and its been proven over and over and over and over and over and over again, that the easiest path to a superbowl is when you have a top 10 QB. then you build the rest around him....the other way is to build an all time NFL defense like ravens did, and go with a dilfer type of QB...but then again, you have to Pay a Lewis, Nagata, Reed and few other defensive players to build a defense like that...if you can promise me that we can build a defense like that I would trade back for Dalton.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Because he wouldn’t accept deals on anything but his terms.

He got everything single thing he wanted.
how do you know what his terms were? you speak as if you sat in the room when Jerry and France negotiated the contract.

Jerry could have signed him last year for cheaper. Jerry chose to play hardball. that's Jerry's fault.

Dak's agent's job is to get the biggest contract for his client. that's his job. I say France did his job.

and I didn't hear you complain about Martin's contract. or Jaylon. or Lawrence. or Zeke. or cooper. all of them could have taken less and helped the team. they are all amongst the highest paid in their positions.

pgreptom

Reaction score
I like Dak and he is a smart person, BUT, He knows this team needs Defense badly! We cannot win a Super Bowl without a legitimate Defense. As great as Tom Brady is, he has never won a Super Bowl without an outstanding D. Look what Tampa Bay’s Defense did to Aaron Rogers and Mahomes in back to back games!

I wish Dak would have taken 33-35 million( still Amazing $ ) per year. This would have left more money to sign someone like KJ Wright prior to the draft. This would have, enabled us, to check of a MAJOR DEFENSIVE need prior to the draft.

What has Russel Wilson won since signing his huge contract? Not many playoff games! He just whines about getting sacked. Hey Russel, maybe your team could have upgraded your O line, IF THEY HAD THE MONEY!!

Have you seen his cap hit this year?

He definitely did the team a favor. I don't understand..

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
is it his responsibility to put a team around him? and I am sure you are going to say he should have taken a 35M/year deal and help the team. is 5M going to help the team become a superbowl champion? your response was out of anger and emotion. that simple. btw, his salary cap hit is 22M this year.....so.....where are all the great defensive signings you guys promised we could get if we had him on the cheap...go ahead spin away

Brady takes it upon himself to make sure his FO is able to build a good team around him. No, it isn't Dak's job to do the same, but why can't he? Its because he's a greedy punk who is only thinking about himself. We'll see how well he does the next few years when the team around him sucks.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
is it his responsibility to put a team around him? and I am sure you are going to say he should have taken a 35M/year deal and help the team. is 5M going to help the team become a superbowl champion? your response was out of anger and emotion. that simple. btw, his salary cap hit is 22M this year.....so.....where are all the great defensive signings you guys promised we could get if we had him on the cheap...go ahead spin away

When I read something like the bold...you are just projecting what you think...out of anger and emotion.

You got mad at me...because I must have made you mad...with a different opinion. Settle down some time...the boy is here to stay.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Brady takes it upon himself to make sure his FO is able to build a good team around him. No, it isn't Dak's job to do the same, but why can't he? Its because he's a greedy punk who is only thinking about himself. We'll see how well he does the next few years when the team around him sucks.
so ok, I give you brady. who else? how many Brady's are there in the league? did Mahomes do the team a favor with a 500M contract? could he have taken a 300M instead and really help the team. Wilson? Rodgers? etc.

everyone keeps pointing to brady, whose sugar mommy makes over a 100M a year...Brady could play for free and he would be a multi millionaire.....

Trajan

Reaction score
do you mean Dak went 1-2? or was it the team that went 1-2?

The team with Dak as the QB went 1-2 in the playoffs. Paying him more money won’t improve his performance, or maybe it will, but doubt it. Is the team better now then it was in 2016 ? Don’t think so, he just has more money.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When I read something like the bold...you are just projecting what you think...out of anger and emotion.

You got mad at me...because I must have made you mad...with a different opinion. Settle down some time...the boy is here to stay.
I am not angry. I am not blaming dak. In fact I am not blaming anybody. it is what it is. but the anger and hatred thrown at Dak for signing a large contract is beyond stupid on this board. given none of you all are attacking Martin, Lawrence, Jaylon, Cooper, Smith, Zeke, Collins or anybody else on this team for signing some of the largest position contracts....but some how, Dak is ruining this team...all because ya'll think a 5M discount would save this team and translate to multiple superbowls.

btw, I am not mad at you. I find you amusing like a little child

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
so do I....me, my family and screw everybody else. so what?

Got it, you are right. How will Dak feed his family on that measly millions of cash...poor bastid.

That is always the response when someone says that. Baloney must cost a ton of money where they eat.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I am not angry. I am not blaming dak. In fact I am not blaming anybody. it is what it is. but the anger and hatred thrown at Dak for signing a large contract is beyond stupid on this board. given none of you all are attacking Martin, Lawrence, Jaylon, Cooper, Smith, Zeke, Collins or anybody else on this team for signing some of the largest position contracts....but some how, Dak is ruining this team...all because ya'll think a 5M discount would save this team and translate to multiple superbowls.

btw, I am not mad at you. I find you amusing like a little child

Thank you, little girl...I love you too.