Does Lamb hold out?

jwitten82

Reaction score
Elliot did it when Dallas picked up his fifth year option, I dont see Lamb not doing that either, it doesn't make sense for him to risk a serious injury playing on a one year deal. You know he's probably asked Zeke for advice on this, and again I don't blame him.

Also on the Dak contract, look I dont want Dak back, but does anyone else get the feeling that Dak doesn't want back either?
Think about it, the last time he played on a prove it year he suffered a serious injury. Wouldn't you be pissed if your boss put you in that same situation again? If Dak doesn't get a new contract, then I don't see how that wont affect his mindset of playing all out in the regular season

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I can see Lamb and Parsons both holding out.

Dak, on the other hand, I have no idea. Dak wants money more than anything, and if it means him having to bust his butt trying to increase his value for free agency, I can see that happening. Unfortunately, whomever he goes to next, whether that means staying in Dallas or going elsewhere, will get the same Dak we have seen the past 4 years with the countless empty promises of getting better and not making any attempt at fulfilling them.

Dak is going to follow the money first. He has no loyalty to anything but himself.

Last edited:

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I think Lamb should hold out, but I also see Dallas not budging so I’m not sure what happens with Lamb in that situation, does he just lose money or does he lose a year and is still under contract next year? I think he would ultimately get traded.

On Dak, I think they both want to part ways. Dak will get something like $34m this year and I’m not sure what happens if he holds out. I think Dallas would have to pay his salary anyway it’s guaranteed and they can’t cut him because of the cap hit.

Flamma

Reaction score
Elliot did it when Dallas picked up his fifth year option, I dont see Lamb not doing that either, it doesn't make sense for him to risk a serious injury playing on a one year deal. You know he's probably asked Zeke for advice on this, and again I don't blame him.

Also on the Dak contract, look I dont want Dak back, but does anyone else get the feeling that Dak doesn't want back either?
Think about it, the last time he played on a prove it year he suffered a serious injury. Wouldn't you be pissed if your boss put you in that same situation again? If Dak doesn't get a new contract, then I don't see how that wont affect his mindset of playing all out in the regular season
Nope. Zeke held out as soon as he could, after his 3rd year. Lamb didn't, so I don't see him doing it now. This is a bad year to hold out when expectations aren't that high. Everyone is expendable.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think Lamb should hold out, but I also see Dallas not budging so I’m not sure what happens with Lamb in that situation, does he just lose money or does he lose a year and is still under contract next year? I think he would ultimately get traded.

On Dak, I think they both want to part ways. Dak will get something like $34m this year and I’m not sure what happens if he holds out. I think Dallas would have to pay his salary anyway it’s guaranteed and they can’t cut him because of the cap hit.
Prescott $34 million , i sure hope that's a typo that was supposed to be lamb's name in there... there is no reality where Prescott would only get offered $34 million anywhere. He will get 50 or MORE anywhere he goes..

lamb will not hold out and its not the same as zeke.. different scenarios different costs and different position....

Flamma

Reaction score

I think you're right on Lamb. I don't think Lamb takes that chance. On Dak, when was the last time you saw a QB hold out? He doesn't get paid if he holds out.

Flamma

Reaction score
Prescott $34 million , i sure hope that's a typo that was supposed to be lamb's name in there... there is no reality where Prescott would only get offered $34 million anywhere. He will get 50 or MORE anywhere he goes..

lamb will not hold out and its not the same as zeke.. different scenarios different costs and different position....
Not a typo. What he meant was what Dak is actually being paid this year. He already got 5M, and the 29M base pay. Dak is making 34M this year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Another reason *not* to have brought Zeke back.

Not only do I think that Dak may not want to come back, he has many reasons to want out *this year*, and management has gone out of their way to give him more by not addressing the low hanging fruit to improve the team at RB and DT.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not a typo. What he meant was what Dak is actually being paid this year. He already got 5M, and the 29M base pay. Dak is making 34M this year.
that's the thing it doesn't matter actual cash nope cap hit and dead cap is all that matters.. he got his money upfront bonus and other ways still the same amount promised., his AAV was 42 and that what it is regardless of what it whos his paychecks will be now.

i'm just saying book it right now put it in 3 " headlines , bookmark it IDC no one's holding out this year. gut says so .

as long as hes here game 1 its not a holdout.. IDC about practices, PS, and camps.. if the man wants to limit his risk by not showing up for any of the camps i don't care, makes sense..,we NEED him in games that all i want to see..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
On the open market, Dak would make more like $55 this year, *and* get a boatload of guaranteed money instead of going unprotected for injury into a contract year.

He should be asking to be traded

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No player will hold out of TC. The NFL mandated fines are not negotiable, nor can they be waived by the teams anymore.
Not sure what it is per day, as I have not looked it up yet, but it can get very costly very quick.

Flamma

Reaction score
On the open market, Dak would make more like $55 this year, *and* get a boatload of guaranteed money instead of going unprotected for injury into a contract year.

We're just talking about what he is actually making this year when he plays. It's 34M. What he gets after that is an entirely different situation. But he's not holding out. Regular season Dak will probably demand 60M from the Cowboys if he has to play out this season.

Flamma

Reaction score
No player will hold out of TC. The NFL mandated fines are not negotiable, nor can they be waived by the teams anymore.
Not sure what it is per day, as I have not looked it up yet, but it can get very costly very quick.
I'm pretty sure this doesn't apply to rookies. What I mean by that is, nothing has changed for rookies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What team would trade for him? Not saying no team would want him. But other teams are either set at QB or have drafted one recently.

Also, if Dak asked for a trade, I am sure he wants to go to a contender. Which, as I posted above, those teams have their QB in place.
Yes, there are a few teams that could use an upgrade that may be an option. But are those teams contenders. And would Dak think he could make them a contender

By contender, I mean to get to the playoffs.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm pretty sure this doesn't apply to rookies. What I mean by that is, nothing has changed for rookies.
Yes, rookies pay is slotted, it does them no good to hold out. The 100th selected player will get around what the 99th and 101st player got. If they still do it that way, or within a reasonable amount.