Does Lamb hold out?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No the counter point is you don't know what's going on behind closed doors ,you act like the Cowboys are the only one holding these deals up, if they want Max money and won't come down on negotiations, then this is what happens..

literally you're not adding in the agent and the player in the holdup, you think it's always about the Dallas Cowboys FO, how do you not know that the players are not willing to deal and they're standing pat at like an insane number??!

you're not hearing everything that comes out of the ranch oops I mean the star, just because we all as fans get to see massive amounts of information leak and is available to us don't mean you know everything, not everything is being talked about , trust me...

Most of what we hear is what they allow us to hear, the stuff in public is simply posturing... There are other players on 5th year contracts, on franchise tags, or waiting on big contracts, & the markets already been set..

we've already discussed it,

we think CD lamb is waiting on Justin Jefferson and vice versa but there are other wide receivers waiting on contracts right now as well.. this is not a Jerry Jones thing you just say it is you all like the baster Jones is even though lots of players play on a fifth year, they play on a franchise tag, and or they hold out for more money or they get traded and/or become free agents..

this is just the business of the NFL and you're making it a Jones family deal and it is not just them.. It's odd that you all don't see this around the NFL the other 32 teams they do this stuff as well they don't always just up a guy it seems like that to you there's an awful lot of players that are being traded or playing on a fifth year option or a franchise tag this is just a business of the NFL in sports it doesn't always get done when it should be in the fans eyes there are a lot of details that work out and some of these huge ridiculous contracts that are coming up now...
I disagree that “all 32 teams do this stuff as well”. Some do. But some of the smarter, more strategic front offices don’t wait and wait to get deals done with stars. They are moves ahead.

Some of the better GMs sign them way early knowing in the long run they save money. (49ers, eagles, Seahawks are easy examples) Some will even trade some of their stars at the height of their value in order to acquire more draft capital (rams, bucaneers, chiefs)

Blue, where I disagree with you is 32 teams don’t always handle things like the Cowboys do. In fact the teams who have shown the most playoff success the last decade to decade and a half tend to be the most aggressive.

Flamma

Reaction score
Also the team Cap is jacked.

There is no free money left.
Which is what puzzles me. They don't need any cap space to sign Lamb. So why haven't they done it? Is Jerry bowling again with those offers?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys "mandatory" minicamp starts Tuesday.
If Lamb and / or Parsons are no-shows - wonder how long that thread will go when a CZ member starts it.
Good question. I am almost certain it will stretch longer than four pages. :)

blueblood70

Reaction score
I disagree that “all 32 teams do this stuff as well”. Some do. But some of the smarter, more strategic front offices don’t wait and wait to get deals done with stars. They are moves ahead.

Some of the better GMs sign them way early knowing in the long run they save money. (49ers, eagles, Seahawks are easy examples) Some will even trade some of their stars at the height of their value in order to acquire more draft capital (rams, bucaneers, chiefs)

Blue, where I disagree with you is 32 teams don’t always handle things like the Cowboys do. In fact the teams who have shown the most playoff success the last decade to decade and a half tend to be the most aggressive.
I'm not saying the Joneses are perfect but let me show you a couple examples Chris Jones threatened to hold out in order to get paid from the Kansas City Chiefs aren't they the top team didn't they trade away Tyreek hill versus paying him? how's that any different than CD lamb we either going to have to pay him but they let him go we can still do that with lamb.

And by the way these are just off the top of my head I don't want to do the research nor make this a job but I'm pretty sure that deebo Samuels with the 49ers threatened to hold out and Brandon Aiuke right now has demanded a trade or to get paid and it doesn't look like they're doing it quickly... Are you saying that that's not the same? I mean these are just literally off the top of my head cause you're missing the top teams... That also goes for all the aggressive offseason, I mean the New England Patriots almost never did that with the all in and neither are the current Kansas City team they've gotten rid of more players than they've signed... Now talking about top teams who are they I mean I'm pretty sure that Lamar Jackson's contract negotiations did not go well that's another top team that's a quarterback I mean again I'm doing going by memory, but I don't think that got done quick or fast or ahead of schedule....

All I'm saying is they're two sides of these arguments literally you have the players and agents versus the front office and you don't know who's truly holding this up if somebody wants market money top money they wanna be the highest paid ever at their position the front office has a right to try to negotiate that down even if it takes time I mean this happened way back with the Pittsburgh Steelers with le'veon bell and Antonio Brown... They wanted more money the deal guy held up they threaten to hold out and then that's a top team in the NFL that's supposed to do everything right from the front office again I'm just trying to go through my memory banks some of these allegedly top teams you're talking about and I remember they've had these same issues with players and I'm not saying again the Joneses are perfect and doing everything right BUT ,

it is pretty normal to put players on franchise tags, 5th year options, or at some point they hold out or get traded its pretty much business as usual yes, some teams got ahead but there are many teams that don't and there are again too many moving parts for us to know who's holding up what...

visionary

Reaction score
No player will hold out of TC. The NFL mandated fines are not negotiable, nor can they be waived by the teams anymore.
Not sure what it is per day, as I have not looked it up yet, but it can get very costly very quick.
LOL, why are you guys so naive?

they will just have the team “pay them” that much more in the next contract

I dont think anyone holds out but the reason is not the fines LOL

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The thread's creator mentioned Prescott and his contract situation in the first comment - that's why the CZer mentioned him in the response.
So basically the Opening Poster tried to make another Dak thread by using Ceedee. Got it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

blueblood70

Reaction score
So basically the Opening Poster tried to make another Dak thread by using Ceedee. Got it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Well I agree with you there most of the threads somehow are hidden so they can end up bashing Prescott or the Jones family what what one of the two I mean that is what most of the threads are made-up or end up at..

However, in some ways though Prescott is linked to the other guys do up for big contracts and I think the front office is struggling right now trying to decide what to do with Prescott and it has the other contracts and holding patterns...

They're probably thinking the same way some of us are why would you pay lamb and Parsons and not consider trading Trayvon diggs and maybe moving on from tank and Martin in 2025 if you can't get something done with Prescott why would you not use all these chips to get draft picks and just do a reboot everybody wants a rebuild they typically won't do it but I think right now and this is just me putting myself in their shoes I believe they're struggling with that very thing why would we pay the rest of these players if we're going to have to start over at quarterback...

I believe when they come to a decision and maybe behind the scenes they are talking with Prescott's agents about where to even start because you know they're not giving them 60 million that's just the Internet made that up that's just posturing from the media but where is his number? They're struggling with should they sign all these guys and make a run at it or blow it up in 2025 and if you're going to do that why pay any of these guys so in some ways yes Prescott is attached to all these debates cause maybe that's why they're waiting to sign some of these contracts.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good question. I think it's very VERY obvious what's going on. Those 2 players have the same agent. Connect the dots.
Jerry is a great businessman. His DNA fortunate son is not, especially when it comes to negotiating NFL player contracts. I would imagine most agents who represent the higher profile Cowboys players salivate when it comes time for contracts. Because the agents usually wipe the floor with SJ.

Which is reason number 10,000 why having ownership be involved in the football operations side is not a great idea. Especially with Jerry. He gets emotionally invested in his players. Bad move.

The GM and HC both need to have a cold, calculating side with the roster at all times. If trading or cutting our “favorite” player is best for the team, you do it in a heartbeat because winning a championship is THE goal. In Big D, I believe the goal of the FO FIRST AND FOREMOST is to let the owner have fun with his toy. If that includes being lucky enough to win a championship, great. If not, “I did it My Way”, lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So should we read into this is Lamar Jackson about to hold out the man just lost $750,000 for skipping OTA's is he making a statement that was what his bonus was in his contract for coming to these voluntary workouts that he chose to skip just like Parsons just like lamb and many others who also lost money by not showing up not making a statement and not holding out can we stop the nonsense??!! When they don't show up for game one I'll start to worry in the meantime I'm not worried one bit...

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Did the heavy fines apply when Zeke did it? I don’t recall. I can’t see 88 giving up all that money in fines. I would think Dallas would just let him sit since they basically have the leverage.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did the heavy fines apply when Zeke did it? I don’t recall. I can’t see 88 giving up all that money in fines. I would think Dallas would just let him sit since they basically have the leverage.
No they didn't the rules have changed since then if you're on a true rookie contract you could still waive the fees but once you're on a fifth year option that's not a rookie deal that's basically like like a new one year deal so the fines will apply...

Hell,

I just posted this this is not a a big deal seriously Lamar Jackson just skipped all his OTA's and while they're not fining him because it's voluntary he lost $270,000 that would have been a bonus for him showing up that's how little a lot of these veterans care about these voluntary OTA's and mini camps they choose not to go it's not a big deal but around Cowboys nation they're reading everything and anything into it just so it's a story..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry is a great businessman. His DNA fortunate son is not, especially when it comes to negotiating NFL player contracts. I would imagine most agents who represent the higher profile Cowboys players salivate when it comes time for contracts. Because the agents usually wipe the floor with SJ.

Which is reason number 10,000 why having ownership be involved in the football operations side is not a great idea. Especially with Jerry. He gets emotionally invested in his players. Bad move.

The GM and HC both need to have a cold, calculating side with the roster at all times. If trading or cutting our “favorite” player is best for the team, you do it in a heartbeat because winning a championship is THE goal. In Big D, I believe the goal of the FO FIRST AND FOREMOST is to let the owner have fun with his toy. If that includes being lucky enough to win a championship, great. If not, “I did it My Way”, lol.
There's a happy medium to all this and I can agree with some of that but I could disagree with a lot of it..

you're telling me they didn't allow DeMarcus Ware to walk many players like him they finally did cut Zeke, they allowed Cooper to go, umm Tyron gone ,and everyone saying it was a bad deal and I'm still saying it's not when we look at DeAndre Hopkins and dalvin cook being outright released because nobody would even give them a fifth round pick when a players owe that kind of money sometimes you get what you can for them but getting rid of Amari Cooper was a big move, bring him in a BIG Move,, he was a favorite around here he might not have been home grown but that was very controversial and they did it...

Here's a big one Tony Romo being healthy enough to take back over in 2016 could have at least the last couple games started and then went into the playoffs as the starter again that would have been the emotional thing to do because I probably would have done it if you say who I am is Jerry Jones loving Tony Romo the way he has been around here is a fan favorite a favorite of theirs and they did not allow him to finish his career they moved on because they made the right choice their eyes were open they knew they couldn't pull Prescott off the field the way he was playing... They parted ways with the popular Dez Bryant even when the fans didn't like it Dan Bailey I mean colbys is being discussed on this board people wanted to keep him but we allowed him to walk as well he was a fan favorite there was a motions there he was a homegrown player you act like they never cut players.. And yes, I do realize some of them have been at the end of their careers and it wasn't the biggest move as it may have seemed on paper but it still was making the move..

Mr. Jones family has made mistakes, but they act like they do things completely the opposite of the rest of the league and there are a bunch of bozos is absolutely inaccurate all teams make mistakes all teams do things they shouldn't or things they should they don't I mean this happens there's no perfect blueprint for the way teams are handle designed and managed it just goes how it goes many times...

rambo2

Reaction score
Elliot did it when Dallas picked up his fifth year option, I dont see Lamb not doing that either, it doesn't make sense for him to risk a serious injury playing on a one year deal. You know he's probably asked Zeke for advice on this, and again I don't blame him.

Also on the Dak contract, look I dont want Dak back, but does anyone else get the feeling that Dak doesn't want back either?
Think about it, the last time he played on a prove it year he suffered a serious injury. Wouldn't you be pissed if your boss put you in that same situation again? If Dak doesn't get a new contract, then I don't see how that wont affect his mindset of playing all out in the regular season
They will sign him to lock him in and create cap space.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a happy medium to all this and I can agree with some of that but I could disagree with a lot of it..

you're telling me they didn't allow DeMarcus Ware to walk many players like him they finally did cut Zeke, they allowed Cooper to go, umm Tyron gone ,and everyone saying it was a bad deal and I'm still saying it's not when we look at DeAndre Hopkins and dalvin cook being outright released because nobody would even give them a fifth round pick when a players owe that kind of money sometimes you get what you can for them but getting rid of Amari Cooper was a big move, bring him in a BIG Move,, he was a favorite around here he might not have been home grown but that was very controversial and they did it...

Here's a big one Tony Romo being healthy enough to take back over in 2016 could have at least the last couple games started and then went into the playoffs as the starter again that would have been the emotional thing to do because I probably would have done it if you say who I am is Jerry Jones loving Tony Romo the way he has been around here is a fan favorite a favorite of theirs and they did not allow him to finish his career they moved on because they made the right choice their eyes were open they knew they couldn't pull Prescott off the field the way he was playing... They parted ways with the popular Dez Bryant even when the fans didn't like it Dan Bailey I mean colbys is being discussed on this board people wanted to keep him but we allowed him to walk as well he was a fan favorite there was a motions there he was a homegrown player you act like they never cut players.. And yes, I do realize some of them have been at the end of their careers and it wasn't the biggest move as it may have seemed on paper but it still was making the move..

Mr. Jones family has made mistakes, but they act like they do things completely the opposite of the rest of the league and there are a bunch of bozos is absolutely inaccurate all teams make mistakes all teams do things they shouldn't or things they should they don't I mean this happens there's no perfect blueprint for the way teams are handle designed and managed it just goes how it goes many times...
Good response Blue. Follow up comment and question regarding Ware: They waited until his contract was up to decide what to do with him. What if they traded him in the last year of his deal knowing they weren’t going to sign him again at a price they believed was too high? That’s being proactive.

I’m not saying there’s a fool proof blueprint to everything regarding front office decision making. But I do believe it’s pretty clear the Jones FO is a good drafting org but not good at all in FA and trading. I don’t think there’s much of an argument about that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Good response Blue. Follow up comment and question regarding Ware: They waited until his contract was up to decide what to do with him. What if they traded him in the last year of his deal knowing they weren’t going to sign him again at a price they believed was too high? That’s being proactive.

I’m not saying there’s a fool proof blueprint to everything regarding front office decision making. But I do believe it’s pretty clear the Jones FO is a good drafting org but not good at all in FA and trading. I don’t think there’s much of an argument about that.
Like I said,

I'm doing most of this from memory but I'm pretty sure DeMarcus Ware had time left on his contract.. I remember the word released let go cut they asked him to take a pay cut he said no so they allowed him to walk his contract was not up he was not a free agent.. I could be wrong but from memory that's what I'm telling you I remember this and yeah maybe they should have got something for him and tried to trade him I don't remember all the details but they still allowed a fan favorite a guy with some tread left on him to go to another team that is making a tough decision...

Again,

there is always another argument yeah two sides of the coin you said they don't make good trades they literally picked up amari Cooper when needed the most that was a good trade and you don't think bring it over Gilmore hankins and cooks last year were bad trades I mean they literally I know aren't good in your mind because everybody wants to big name they want the monster free agent that's gonna get the biggest deal because that's what's gonna make people salivate and talk but those small trades kept the Cowboys relative last year.. It elevated them to the second seed they won their division against the team that does all the big moves who had absolutely a meltdown last year and yes we had a meltdown in the playoffs but that doesn't mean they didn't make moves that mattered...