Does Lamb hold out?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elliot did it when Dallas picked up his fifth year option, I dont see Lamb not doing that either, it doesn't make sense for him to risk a serious injury playing on a one year deal. You know he's probably asked Zeke for advice on this, and again I don't blame him.

Also on the Dak contract, look I dont want Dak back, but does anyone else get the feeling that Dak doesn't want back either?
Think about it, the last time he played on a prove it year he suffered a serious injury. Wouldn't you be pissed if your boss put you in that same situation again? If Dak doesn't get a new contract, then I don't see how that wont affect his mindset of playing all out in the regular season
Great question about whether Dak wants to come back. If I were in his shoes I would play out the current deal and try to go somewhere else. And I will tie it to Lamb too. If Lamb is taking passes from an inexperienced QB and with less chance to win much, will that give Lamb pause? I doubt it.

Dak’s current situation reminds of what happened to Danny Don Meredith at the end of his career. He was very good except in most playoff games. Much of the fan base blamed Dandy more than he deserved, although like Dak, he deserves some criticism. But I think it’s worse now than it was in 1968 because the QB is seen as the hero or goat immediately in almost all scenarios.

Sometimes a player (like Dak) may just need a change of scenery regardless of the money. If I were him, I would tell my agent that this is my last year in Dallas, and I’m open for a trade too.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The odds on him holding out are high. The best time for him to hold out is after a career year that saw him set a franchise record for yards and lead the league in receptions. He can only go down from here.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The odds on him holding out are high. The best time for him to hold out is after a career year that saw him set a franchise record for yards and lead the league in receptions. He can only go down from here.
IMO, the comments I’m seeing about Lamb not holding out is more about wishful thinking. I will be somewhat surprised if Lamb’s situation gets resolved soon.

blueblood70

Reaction score
LMAO umm ok!!

right now seriously the Cowboys have to be cautious in signing him it can all go downhill from here and you have the Cowboys front office is being held to a standard to just pay him whatever he's asking for that probably is gonna be his best year they have to take all that into account that's why this is difficult to get done everybody knows that's probably his best year he's ever going to have you can't pay them based on that year you just have to come to grips with paying them top five money but where is that #1 new market or number four I mean this is a big decision from the front office because exactly what you just said..

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Dak doesn't really care that much where he plays, he's going to start games and make buckets of money on almost any team.

Dallas is not an especially great situation though. The offensive environment has really degraded on him... the OL is shaky, and he has no skill players outside of Lamb and Ferguson.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
IMO, the comments I’m seeing about Lamb not holding out is more about wishful thinking. I will be somewhat surprised if Lamb’s situation gets resolved soon.
I think it will be resolved just before camp or early during camp. They can’t afford a holdout especially with all the speculation on Dak’s contract situation. They have to get one of those big contracts done.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
After the way he showed up in the playoffs I don't care if he holds out or not. His head was not in that game. Don't know where it was.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Elliot did it when Dallas picked up his fifth year option, I dont see Lamb not doing that either, it doesn't make sense for him to risk a serious injury playing on a one year deal. You know he's probably asked Zeke for advice on this, and again I don't blame him.

Also on the Dak contract, look I dont want Dak back, but does anyone else get the feeling that Dak doesn't want back either?
Think about it, the last time he played on a prove it year he suffered a serious injury. Wouldn't you be pissed if your boss put you in that same situation again? If Dak doesn't get a new contract, then I don't see how that wont affect his mindset of playing all out in the regular season
Why wouldn't he hold out? He did everything he was asked to do and more.

Hadenough

Reaction score

I thought last year was his prove it year?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
He’s got all the leverage and it’s his body at stake. He might lose millions but he will get it all back.

This FO will be begging him to return by week 5. Can’t afford to lose our best player

Chasing6

Reaction score
He’s got all the leverage and it’s his body at stake. He might lose millions but he will get it all back.

This FO will be begging him to return by week 5. Can’t afford to lose our best player
Why is it that GM Jethro never has any leverage in these situations???

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Why is it that GM Jethro never has any leverage in these situations???
We’re always two steps behind.

What is the logic of waiting for Jefferson to get paid before we pay CeeDee? Players don’t get cheaper

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I think he’s gonna hold out. Why wouldn’t he, he wants to secure his bag whether that’s here in Dallas or a trade elsewhere. I don’t see him risking injury.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I think he’s gonna hold out. Why wouldn’t he, he wants to secure his bag whether that’s here in Dallas or a trade elsewhere. I don’t see him risking injury.
He did his part. He had a tremendous year. There is no reason he should not have already been extended.