Does Moore adjust or throw the same stuff against the wall?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The scheme needs to eliminate turnovers, penalties, drops, and overcome an o-line that’s falling apart with injuries..

To me we need more quick outs, screens, and quick slants to build up some type of momentum and then hit some deep and intermediate passes.

kskboys

Reaction score
The scheme needs to eliminate turnovers, penalties, drops, and overcome an o-line that’s falling apart with injuries..

To me we need more quick outs, screens, and quick slants to build up some type of momentum and then hit some deep and intermediate passes.
Well said. I think that's a good summary of what I'm thinking.

kskboys

Reaction score
I really wish the title hadn't been changed to this, it's inciting.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes and no. There are things in the scheme that didn't work all that well. Need adjustments.

sure but overall i think they are good if we can reduce turnovers without going too conservative.Gotta have a balance and it helps to not be down 30-3 so we can run the ball .

kskboys

Reaction score
sure but overall i think they are good if we can reduce turnovers without going too conservative.Gotta have a balance and it helps to not be down 30-3 so we can run the ball .
Of course. Scheme doesn't need scrapping, just adjusting.

The title change makes it sound like I'm bashing Moore, and I'm not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Realistically? The deficit happened too fast. IMO
It was actually gradual. We were down 7, then 14 and 17 by half. We had several opportunities to cut into the lead but couldn’t mount or sustain anything offensively.

Then with first possession in 3rd qtr were stalled again as our 3rd down conversions has become atrocious since leading the league at 58% after first 3 games.

Then they scored again to extend lead to 24-0 and IMO it was basically over.

I’d agree defense was a concern against the run. Definitely a weakness up the middle but we need to match and stay up with these more Elite QB’s and contenders. Our offense failed us too.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

"His scheme has been derailed" sounded a little strong. adjustments always needed, improvement can always happen

kskboys

Reaction score
"His scheme has been derailed" sounded a little strong. adjustments always needed, improvement can always happen
I can see that, but man did this O splutter for 3 quarters. See Diehard's post above for what happened.

catiii

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone else thinks of my theory, but I don't see how it is possible that a guy who called the first 3 games is the SAME guy who called
the games against the Saints and the Packers. I just do not believe it. I think Garrett had influence - a lot of influence the last 2 games.

Moore DOES have a record - at Boise State AND our first 3 games!!! Teams have watched his tape in university and of our 1st 3 games to suss his philosophy out even. We can see who he is!!!
We can also see JGs record and who he is. He likes to run up the middle into brick walls "just because."
I think my theory makes sense in light of that.
:clap:
:popcorn:

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

How much is our scheme changed with how defenses scheme us?

Or perhaps I should say how much do defenses have an effect taking us out of what we want to do?

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone else thinks of my theory, but I don't see how it is possible that a guy who called the first 3 games is the SAME guy who called
the games against the Saints and the Packers. I just do not believe it. I think Garrett had influence - a lot of influence the last 2 games.
We played better D's and tape started going around about how Mo called plays. This is the normal progression of an OC, so now it's on Mo to adjust.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
"Adjustments" is a misused term. Teams make adjustments ever down.

"Adjustments" and "coaching" are two of the favorite terms here. You can throw them at almost any topic, and the best part is you don't have to specifically define them.

Just post them as the reason for (insert topic here) and 20 heads will nod in agreement.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know I saw Garrett at a critical juncture in the 4Q tell Moore in his headset "run Zeke." If he did it once, he did it the entire game.
Moore "throwing Zeke against the wall" would not have been the strategy of the man who called our first 3 games.
Garrett lovers are adamant that it's Moore simply going through some progression or whatever...well I say bollocks. Complete Bollocks. He's not stupid. One guy on the sidelines who is both dafty and egotistical enough to sabotage things - perhaps unconsciously - by using his position to take over when it suits him to do so even though Moore was doing just fine the 1st 3 games.
Moore DOES have a record - at Boise State. Teams have watched his tape to suss his philosophy out even. We can see who he is!!! We can also see JGs record and who he is. Now which theory do you think makes more sense in light of that eh? :clap:
:popcorn:
It’s more about our opponents and how they scheme us forcing us out of what our strengths are.

For example , did you think McVay wasn’t calling the plays in the Super Bowl or did Belichick simply provide schemes forcing Rams out of what they wanted to do?

Great or better defenses can often dictate the effen flow of the game. It’s pretty much a proven scheme to shut down Elliott and force Dak to beat you over the top. Not all teams have the talent to do it.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
This blip was to be expected. What it comes down to now, does Moore adjust, or just throw the same stuff against the wall and pray? His scheme has been derailed. Now what? Can he do it?

Yes, I have faith that he can. Why? I believe in the kid, and still do. Two stinkers in a row, now it's time for him to show his mettle.
Moore really hasn't had a blip.

Naruto

Reaction score
Wrong thread.

In your own words the offense sputtered at the start of the game

So how did the offense end up with 550+ yards without adjustments? That would be pretty special

But yeah you’re right when is this guy going to adjust and put up 900 yards of offense in a game.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
This blip was to be expected. What it comes down to now, does Moore adjust, or just throw the same stuff against the wall and pray? His scheme has been derailed. Now what? Can he do it?

Yes, I have faith that he can. Why? I believe in the kid, and still do. Two stinkers in a row, now it's time for him to show his mettle.
His scheme has been derailed to return to garrett ball.........just like Jerry couldn't handle Jimmy getting the praise, Garrett hated Moore getting the praise, so in both instances we return to what fails.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Turnovers will derail ANY offensive scheme. That is our biggest problem IMO, besides our D sucking.