Does Moore adjust or throw the same stuff against the wall?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Seems we have gotten away from screens also.
We used to complain about their ineffective screens and especially on 3rd and long.
Now the play itself is kind of gone.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't see that at all. The Saints game didn't look good, but against GB the Cowboys moved the ball very well, but kept shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and penalties. That;s an execution thing, not a scheme thing. Clean up the turnovers and penalties and all will be well with the offense.

The defense, on the other hand, I'm not so sure what the answer is there. Without question finding a way to plug up the middle running lanes has to happen.
Our O was terrible in the first half.

kskboys

Reaction score
To further the discussion, what exactly are you talking about scheme wise? Let's address specifics.
More short/intermediate chain moving stuff. Passes to the RB's and Slot WR short.

Shane612

Reaction score
No, I'm not. That is a very sad take.

Are you not aware that DC's all over the league are going to adjust and challenge any OC, especially a new one? I mean, are you seriously this naive? Very strange post you made.

lol
I'm not saying Moore shouldn't make any adjustments. Of course he'll make little twix here and there. That goes without saying.
But, Moore can't make throws, he doesn't run routes, he can't catch, he can't block...etc
All I'm saying is I don't see anything wrong with Moore's philosophy.

Maybe the OL is beat up.
Maybe Elliot isn't as good as he was.
Maybe Prescott is just an average QB.
Maybe receivers aren't as dynamic as first thought.
Looks like the Jets are dead last in pass defense. And near the bottom against the run. Cowboys offense, better shows something.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
He adjusts during games. That’s what the players said. Like they have a game plan going in,then he sees what people are doing to stop him,and he adjusts to it at half. Why they score more to start 2nd. I’m not really sure....you look at Dallas ok,and slow starts and penalties and drops and dumb turnovers ...it’s kinda a thing here. I don’t know why it is,but it is. Got a good driving going,and here comes “Holding ..” followed by a sack etc. How much is OC and players? Can’t say....I do know it’s WR heavy,and like to see him use RBs more to even it out.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Right now opposing teams are throwing Moore against the wall and seeing if he sticks

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Now I think about it KSK...I got to think Cobb and Smith are a factor,as they aren’t really filling the roles they needed. No Gallup? It’s a hot mess out there. Bet if those two step up when number is called,we’d see a easier time of it. I’m kinda thinking we need someone else to play slot...whoever for right now. He’s injured and not showing me he can handle the job on a reliable basis anyways. Reliable being the key word for that position in this offense. He’s a X and O too in plays,and that’s comprmising how you play that out. I do know Moore isn’t using our backs enough. Flat out...I notice Dak’s focus is primarily on second level plays...not TEs or RBs even when open underneath at times,and not relying on pounding the crap out of you with Zeke and Pollard enough. They already showed they could each put 100 on you...and at the same time.

kskboys

Reaction score
lol
I'm not saying Moore shouldn't make any adjustments. Of course he'll make little twix here and there. That goes without saying.
But, Moore can't make throws, he doesn't run routes, he can't catch, he can't block...etc
All I'm saying is I don't see anything wrong with Moore's philosophy.

Maybe the OL is beat up.
Maybe Elliot isn't as good as he was.
Maybe Prescott is just an average QB.
Maybe receivers aren't as dynamic as first thought.
Looks like the Jets are dead last in pass defense. And near the bottom against the run. Cowboys offense, better shows something.
Nothing wrong w/ Mo's philosophy. Just needs tweaking.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think after the first 3 games against lesser teams had the whole team including him thinking they could run the same things and win. But the saints game didn’t look the same. It looked like Linehans Offense. But it could be the way the system looks against a better team. Maybe the last 2 games the opposing teams were taking away some of the stuff we were doing before.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have faith that he will get better. However, right now, he's a deer in the headlights.

Excuse me, Mr. Vegas, that is absolutely false!

DSJCR0hX0AYeHoC.jpg

Rayman70

Reaction score
answer to the OP...it wont matter if we can't tackle and stop the run. Its game over if they can run on us.