Does the Cardinals flat out releasing Deandre Hopkins lessen the blow for what we got for Amari?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
nuk is older, paid more, recently suspended for peds and AZ is likely ranking again. neither the aj deal nor the amari deal are comparable really
Of course it’s comparable. I never said the situations were identical but all the trades involved receivers.

birdwells1

Reaction score
cooks hands down every bit as good as cooper but keep crying over the trade all 3 are very similar and their deals also in the same ballpark for a reason. hate on the trade all you want, its wasn't as bad as the drama queens make it out to be.
Stop it, what he's saying is that Cooper is much much better than Noah Brown and a hurt Gallup. This FO decided that they could win with CeeDee, Noah (a guy that was your #6 the year prior and Gallup (coming of major surgery). We were good enough to beat the middling teams in the league but in the playoffs you need the best. When pollard went down we were left with 1 playmaker and that was CeeDee. Good luck with that.

kevm3

Reaction score
No, we never should have traded Amari in the first place. Us getting Cooks is admission of us messing up with the Amari trade. It's not like Arizona has been some well run team lately.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Yes....when I compare the Cowboys to the Cardinals and Commanders...I always feel better about the Cowboys.

Just like whenever I'm feeling down about myself, I hop into the car and go drive to a run down dilapidated part of town with people sleeping on the streets and drinking 40's at 9 Am and all of a sudden I start feeling real good about myself.

Big_D

Reaction score
Stop it, what he's saying is that Cooper is much much better than Noah Brown and a hurt Gallup. This FO decided that they could win with CeeDee, Noah (a guy that was your #6 the year prior and Gallup (coming of major surgery). We were good enough to beat the middling teams in the league but in the playoffs you need the best. When pollard went down we were left with 1 playmaker and that was CeeDee. Good luck with that.
They had that exact scenario the year before and exited the playoffs the same way. Good enough to beat the middling teams is all they’ve been for quite some time. That didn’t just start last season.

Adreme

Reaction score
No, we never should have traded Amari in the first place. Us getting Cooks is admission of us messing up with the Amari trade. It's not like Arizona has been some well run team lately.
I am not disagreeing on whether it was right or wrong (though Amari was pulling the same thing he pulled for Raiders where he seemingly quit on the field) but Cooks has a 12m cap hit and Cooper had a 20m cap hit. That is a big difference in terms of whether to keep or not.

kevm3

Reaction score
I am not disagreeing on whether it was right or wrong (though Amari was pulling the same thing he pulled for Raiders where he seemingly quit on the field) but Cooks has a 12m cap hit and Cooper had a 20m cap hit. That is a big difference in terms of whether to keep or not.
If this was a team that actually did something with the freed up cap space, I'd sure, that was a great move. If we actually got some free agent in another position to compensate, then sure.

On the other hand, we're just scrimping and penny pinching while other teams go all in and it shows in the playoffs, where we, yet again, get beat down by San Francisco and would have gotten beat down by the Eagles if we played them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The amount of excuses this FO gets is astonishing and it'll continue to be the reason why we're just good enough for the playoffs but not good enough for anything else. There's no accountability at all and alot of our fan base is the blame.
How do you suppose we hold the FO accountable? Or any professional team for that matter where the GM and owner are the same person?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If this was a team that actually did something with the freed up cap space, I'd sure, that was a great move. If we actually got some free agent in another position to compensate, then sure.

On the other hand, we're just scrimping and penny pinching while other teams go all in and it shows in the playoffs, where we, yet again, get beat down by San Francisco and would have gotten beat down by the Eagles if we played them.
They used that freed up cap space to add players.

Adreme

Reaction score

They spent the cap space. Not paying Cooper last year saved 16 million and paying Cooks instead saves 8m Currently the Cowboys have 8m in cap space whereas had they kept Cooper they would be 16m over. Do I wish they made a bigger splash on one of the big players at a position of need? Certainly. However, they are using the money to sign players.

Big_D

Reaction score
Amari Cooper is a fine football player but the only thing I miss is the first round pick that we wasted in trading for him.
Another desperate Jerry trade at the time. They got less than 2 seasons before having to shell out a contract. A solid WR that is way overvalued around these parts. Todays WR room is very different from that complete mess of 2018.

For the return you gotta do a better job with that 1st.

rambo2

Reaction score
Cooks looks like a better fit than Cooper. The Cowboys could actually win with Cooks. Cooper isn't going to win anything in Cleveland.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yes....when I compare the Cowboys to the Cardinals and Commanders...I always feel better about the Cowboys.

Just like whenever I'm feeling down about myself, I hop into the car and go drive to a run down dilapidated part of town with people sleeping on the streets and drinking 40's at 9 Am and all of a sudden I start feeling real good about myself.
I look at the other people at HEB and then look in the mirror. I don't look so bad.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going all in means winning the super bowl. If you go all in and don't, what's the point? Neither of those teams won the super bowl.

Proof

Reaction score
Of course it’s comparable. I never said the situations were identical but all the trades involved receivers.
if you're going to rely on semantics, nuk wasn't traded. so again not comparable. just different situations man, but to answer your question, no it doesn't lessen the blow.