Does the Cardinals flat out releasing Deandre Hopkins lessen the blow for what we got for Amari?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
if you're going to rely on semantics, nuk wasn't traded. so again not comparable. just different situations man, but to answer your question, no it doesn't lessen the blow.
Im not comparing them being traded. I was comparing the lack of compensation. They tried to trade him just couldn’t.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Maybe they were on the fence about releasing Coop and he had an issue with the FO meaning JJ about not wanting to put something in his body and JJ didn’t like it much. That could have been something that was left out of the public eye.

Big_D

Reaction score
all the jerry worshippers in this thread somehow forget that part
That's grasping at straws. It had zero to do with Jerry talking. A guy is dangling for a 5th and you think it's better to wait until he's a free agent. That's because the trade wasn't about the pick at all. It was about the contract and only one team in the league was interested. The stupidest team in football. 30 other teams said thanks but no thanks. Once you dangle a trade it's pretty common knowledge he'll be gone. Should Jerry have used telepathy to let teams know? lol Has nothing to do with worshipping Jerry. This is a move he got right. Those are few and far between.

Proof

Reaction score
Im not comparing them being traded. I was comparing the lack of compensation. They tried to trade him just couldn’t.
yeah, i understand. I'm just saying he was harder to trade than amari, and they have a different situation than Dallas. So what they ultimately did doesn't make me feel any better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
yeah, i understand. I'm just saying he was harder to trade than amari, and they have a different situation than Dallas. So what they ultimately did doesn't make me feel any better.
Money wise he was harder but to me when healthy he’s a top 5 receiver and for awhile he was one of the best. Shocked he couldn’t get something worked out.

Proof

Reaction score
Money wise he was harder but to me when healthy he’s a top 5 receiver and for awhile he was one of the best. Shocked he couldn’t get something worked out.
right, same. But he hasn't been healthy, got busted for PED's, is getting older and cost a bunch. That's all

Last edited: