Does the younger generation care about our team history?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
In our success as an organization years ago we were made a name for ourselves, and were labeled as America's Team. Some of you have been fans longer than I've been alive (40). Our success in the past speaks for itself. With that said, are the current generation of cowboys players concerned about our history and living up to the standard that was created before them?

Or do they not get caught up in that, and focus on the present?? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts, it may not be every player, but some it may be!

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I am sure most people care about history to a degree, but trying to hold onto it to justify what we have accomplished more in the "present" is a loser mentality for fans. For players I think they respect the history, but don't know themselves what it took to get there and the teamwork that was put into it.

bigE79

Reaction score
In our success as an organization years ago we were made a name for ourselves, and were labeled as America's Team. Some of you have been fans longer than I've been alive (40). Our success in the past speaks for itself. With that said, are the current generation of cowboys players concerned about our history and living up to the standard that was created before them?

Or do they not get caught up in that, and focus on the present?? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts, it may not be every player, but some it may be!
They better,it's all they got.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Yes of course, if our franchise started in 1997 we'd be less relevant than the Houston Texans, with less playoff wins since they started in 2002.

Jipper

Reaction score
I care about everything from the 90s forward...was born in 82 so have no connection to the old teams and don't really know much about them...I would wager many fans don't look much beyond their life experiences in terms of really getting into the history of the franchise.

I do appreciate the history and am obviously thankful and respectful for it and the older generations that lived it, but it doesn't really interest me

I would bet most of the players are probably similar and don't connect to the past

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I care about everything from the 90s forward...was born in 82 so have no connection to the old teams and don't really know much about them...I would wager many fans don't look much beyond their life experiences in terms of really getting into the history of the franchise.

I do appreciate the history and am obviously thankful and respectful for it and the older generations that lived it, but it doesn't really interest me

I would bet most of the players are probably similar and don't connect to the past
Well stated. Although I’m from the early 70s late 60s. I can’t imagine rooting for any other team. I’ll look across the league and I see a bunch of phonies. I live in New England, I can’t stand Tom Brady. He is so conceited. Patrick Mahomes, twinkle, toes, media lover boy blessed to have a great coach and supporting team. I guess the Buffalo Bills about the most realistic team in my opinion, but if I was to choose a second franchise, I grew up with Green Bay, loving Bart star and I’m still stuck on the Cowboys. The franchise represents class and always will in my opinion.

Rayman70

Reaction score
yeah, but they wanna take the easy way, a short cut to greatness. There isn't a substitute for honest hard work. You get what you put into it. I think we need alpha dogs in that locker room. Apparently, Micah aint that. We need an infusion. We also need BIG THUGS ON THE DLINE/OLINE. This team lacks a Ron Leary or a Larry Allen. No scary rb that teams plan for.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes of course, if our franchise started in 1997 we'd be less relevant than the Houston Texans, with less playoff wins since they started in 2002.
It’s about the star it will always be about the star. Irrelevant I don’t think so.

Jipper

Reaction score
Well stated. Although I’m from the early 70s late 60s. I can’t imagine rooting for any other team. I’ll look across the league and I see a bunch of phonies. I live in New England, I can’t stand Tom Brady. He is so conceited. Patrick Mahomes, twinkle, toes, media lover boy blessed to have a great coach and supporting team. I guess the Buffalo Bills about the most realistic team in my opinion, but if I was to choose a second franchise, I grew up with Green Bay, loving Bart star and I’m still stuck on the Cowboys. The franchise represents class and always will in my opinion.
It's intriguing, and I wonder how much the rules and style of the game impact us as fans too? I'd wager in 10 years if this looks more like flag football that I will still watch but have lost most interest by that time, yet the young Gen at that time will probably love it and think the old style of play was barbarberic.

I am juat thankful that the heart of my childhood had one of the most storied and successful sports runs of all time

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I am sure most people care about history to a degree, but trying to hold onto it to justify what we have accomplished more in the "present" is a loser mentality for fans. For players I think they respect the history, but don't know themselves what it took to get there and the teamwork that was put into it.
very very true!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I do. That’s the reason Im so in love with this franchise. But I really really don’t like Jerry Jones and i think he deserves every loss. if would have known, i would be rooting for another team.
lol easy now big fella

Jayinem

Reaction score
It’s about the star it will always be about the star. Irrelevant I don’t think so.
Because of 5 Super Bowls. If the franchise started in 1997 no one would care. Why would anyone be obsessed with a team that never got past the Divisional Round in their entire existence? They wouldn't. We would be like the Mavericks or Rangers before they won their championship, completely irrelevant.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

My three sons are 40, 38, and 35. They grew up watching the Cowboys with me. Now they think the Cowboys are a joke. They are all three big Mavs, Rangers and Stars fans.