Does This All In' Talk Scare Anyone Else?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry is reported as saying they are going all in. It terrifies me to think of them resigning Dak and then immediately putting the team in cap hell for the next 5 years.

Dlaw won’t be better, Z Martin won’t be better, I’m kinda scared Micah’s body is already starting to wear down. Your year was this year, not next year.

If they want to go all in, do a soft rebuild under the guise of all in. Go get Tee Higgins or younger guys on longer deals and don’t resign Dak, just restructure him. Let him prove it out and be hungry for the contract. If he fails miserably again, you’ll have solid, young FA players and won’t be carrying all that qb $.

‘All in’ with a QB making insane $ is just foolish
You can never really decipher Jerryspeak. Proof will come soon.

vlad

Reaction score
the only thing that scares me about it ppl believe its anything different. we've been "All in" for every year since he's bought the team - it means nothing.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
They’ve been all in for years and what has happened? We consistently hear “we like our guys”.

heir

Reaction score
Jerry is reported as saying they are going all in. It terrifies me to think of them resigning Dak and then immediately putting the team in cap hell for the next 5 years.

Dlaw won’t be better, Z Martin won’t be better, I’m kinda scared Micah’s body is already starting to wear down. Your year was this year, not next year.

If they want to go all in, do a soft rebuild under the guise of all in. Go get Tee Higgins or younger guys on longer deals and don’t resign Dak, just restructure him. Let him prove it out and be hungry for the contract. If he fails miserably again, you’ll have solid, young FA players and won’t be carrying all that qb $.

Cap hell is a damn myth and we need to get over that. I get what you are saying but remember the cap hell the Rams were supposed to be in for years and years to come? They won a Super Bowl and missed the playoff 1 year and they right back in the playoffs already. This team mainly drafts well so they can easily get out of any "cap hell" we get ourselves into.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Some of you need to listen to exactly what he said instead of reading snips of comments that are tweeted and posted here. He said they’re always all in.
A year ago at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said he thinks "longer term" and is "real hesitant to bet it all for a year" when asked about the recent NFC Super Bowl representatives, the Los Angeles Rams and Philadelphia Eagles.

On Tuesday at the Senior Bowl, Jones did a 180 after what happened to his Cowboys in 2023.

"I would anticipate, with looking ahead at our key contracts that we'd like to address, we will be all in," Jones said at this year's Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama on Tuesday. "I would anticipate we will be all in at the end of this year. We will push the hell out of it. It will be going all in on different people than you've done in the past. We will be going all in. We've seen some things out of some of the players that we want to be all in on. Yes, I would say that you will see us this coming year not build for the future. It's the best way I've ever said. That ought to answer a lot of questions."

The Jones family appears desperate to win back some of its fanbase that finally became jaded after their latest playoff misstep, directly acknowledging the distrust the team has sown among its supporters.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

If Jerald is "all in" then does he imply and I infer that he was NOT "all in" the past 28 years?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
All in means. Extend dak and lamb/parson. There’s no all in.
Thats Not All-in. That's status quo.

All-in means let everyone play out this final year without reserving assets for the future.
Restructure guys but without adding real years to their deal. Zack, DLaw, Dak.
Let CeeDee and Micah wait on those monster pay days.
Trade future picks if required.
Draft play now guys not potential or guys with injuries.
Keep coaches on 1 year left on their deals.

You may enter next off-season 40M over the cap. Thats All-In.
We've seen Denver, LA and others do this.
So another wasted year and then we get to see Jerry and Stephen trying to build. I have so much hope I can almost choke on it.
We've watched 3 straight 12-win seasons.
Those are not at all wasted. Years 1 and 3 were flubs in the playoffs but year 2 was a road loss to a better team.

I lived through 3 straight 5-win seasons under Campo and then trying to battle for .500 with crap QBs.
Having enjoyable, competitive football to watch matters a whole lot to me.
But I am not a goofy fan that thinks only Super Bowls matter.
Those people are set up to be miserable 95% of the time and every year of the last 29.

This team hasn't reached great but it has been good and it is a joy to watch a good team across 5 months even if you kicked in the shin the last game of the season because only 1 team is winning that last game.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
A year ago at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said he thinks "longer term" and is "real hesitant to bet it all for a year" when asked about the recent NFC Super Bowl representatives, the Los Angeles Rams and Philadelphia Eagles.

On Tuesday at the Senior Bowl, Jones did a 180 after what happened to his Cowboys in 2023.

"I would anticipate, with looking ahead at our key contracts that we'd like to address, we will be all in," Jones said at this year's Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama on Tuesday. "I would anticipate we will be all in at the end of this year. We will push the hell out of it. It will be going all in on different people than you've done in the past. We will be going all in. We've seen some things out of some of the players that we want to be all in on. Yes, I would say that you will see us this coming year not build for the future. It's the best way I've ever said. That ought to answer a lot of questions."

The Jones family appears desperate to win back some of its fanbase that finally became jaded after their latest playoff misstep, directly acknowledging the distrust the team has sown among its supporters.
I get just wanting to hate the guy but the lack of understanding by fans is almost hilarious.
We've had threads every off-season about them being too cheap to sign free agents and too scared to make trades.
Jerry has avoided pushing cards to the center for a playoffs run.
Last year he altered that a good bit.
Traded for Gilmore and Cooks to help now but doing so at affordable cap hits.
He tried to split the difference.

He's admitting here he is willing to play for a long playoff run and then rebuild.

John813

Reaction score
Nope.
Thats Not All-in. That's status quo.

All-in means let everyone play out this final year without reserving assets for the future.
Restructure guys but without adding real years to their deal. Zack, DLaw, Dak.
Let CeeDee and Micah wait on those monster pay days.
Trade future picks if required.
Draft play now guys not potential or guys with injuries.
Keep coaches on 1 year left on their deals.

You may enter next off-season 40M over the cap. Thats All-In.
We've seen Denver, LA and others do this.

We've watched 3 straight 12-win seasons.
Those are not at all wasted. Years 1 and 3 were flubs in the playoffs but year 2 was a road loss to a better team.

I lived through 3 straight 5-win seasons under Campo and then trying to battle for .500 with crap QBs.
Having enjoyable, competitive football to watch matters a whole lot to me.
But I am not a goofy fan that thinks only Super Bowls matter.
Those people are set up to be miserable 95% of the time and every year of the last 29.

This team hasn't reached great but it has been good and it is a joy to watch a good team across 5 months even if you kicked in the shin the last game of the season because only 1 team is winning that last game.

I agree.
But, to help go all in this year giving CDL a new deal would drop his cap hit to help afford to sign some free agents or have some cap rollover to next year.
I think for Zach they will have to add at least 1 or 2 real years to his deal. Simply restructuring him would save ~14mil but also create a ~27mil dead cap hit in 25.
One thing to have Dak at a good sized Dead cap if they just restructure his base over the voids, but if you add Zach to the mix that'll be over 80 mil in dead cap on those two alone.

As of 2022 the largest dead cap for a single player was ~40mil, which was Matt Ryan. LA overall was 78mil dead cap. Dallas would exceed that easily.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Cap hell is a damn myth and we need to get over that. I get what you are saying but remember the cap hell the Rams were supposed to be in for years and years to come? They won a Super Bowl and missed the playoff 1 year and they right back in the playoffs already. This team mainly drafts well so they can easily get out of any "cap hell" we get ourselves into.
"Cap Hell" is just Jonesboys speak for "We aren't good enough at our self appointed jobs".

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I get just wanting to hate the guy but the lack of understanding by fans is almost hilarious.
We've had threads every off-season about them being too cheap to sign free agents and too scared to make trades.
Jerry has avoided pushing cards to the center for a playoffs run.
Last year he altered that a good bit.
Traded for Gilmore and Cooks to help now but doing so at affordable cap hits.
He tried to split the difference.

He's admitting here he is willing to play for a long playoff run and then rebuild.
You are making the mistake of taking what Jerry says as truthful.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
nope, it's all talk like every year. "best shape of my life" and the other crap they spew. Only noobs believe the hype. rah, can I get one more rah......

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Micah’s body is fine. It’s his mouth we should be concerned about. He openly criticized cowboys management in his podcast this week. Even if he’s right, a player should not be doing that kind of stuff. If he has something to say to Jerry and his boy, he needs to say it to their faces not broadcast it to the rest of the world.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
If Jerald is "all in" then does he imply and I infer that he was NOT "all in" the past 28 years?
yes, we were just messing around, we're getting ready to get serious now. Get your gear and tickets, this is the year, or maybe next year... shrugs.

rags

Reaction score
For those who don't know, JJ wears 2 hats. That of owner and that of salesman. His "all in" talk is that of a salesman trying to get as many people to go to the stadium and buy the merchandise. Nothing more, nothing less.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If you listen to the interview, it sounds like Jerry is talking about something completely different than the reporter is. Jerry may be interpreting “all in” as extending CeeDee, extending Micah, extending Dak. He talks about having players on the team next year that they saw play well, kinda sounds like he’s just talking about his own guys

leeblair

Reaction score

"All in" is just a marketing ploy.
Jerry knows the fans are turning away and he is hoping to lure them back through a desperate claim of going "all in" for next season.
In reality he won't change anything, and if he adds talent he will still be refusing to make the one change that has to be made for the team to get better.
"All in" is a joke.

75boyz

Reaction score
Extending Dak at QB in any way shape or form does not bode well for any future team playoff success.

Keeping McCarthy even one more year accomplishes absolutely nothing as he can not coach up any team playoff success whatsoever either.

That covers replacing the QB and HC in order to win in the postseason.

Should I go all in and suggest a change at GM too?