Dog has cancer

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I get that... I spent a fortune on my Mini-Aussie after he lost his front right leg in an accident...

Unfortunately he is 13 now, and that single front leg has developed severe arthritis. He falls a good bit, so I can feel what you're going through as I will face the same thing this year sometime...

I have a mini-Aussie as well. He is.........dang he is 10 this year.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I kinda relate to how you are feeling. A couple weeks ago, our dog and our neighbors dog disappeared. Nobody has seen them and nobody has any ideal about what happened to them. Our dog was a Great Pyrenees mix and everybody in our community kept treats for her and some even let her in their houses so that they could play with her. Maybe somebody picked her up, but it is unusual for two dogs to be stolen at the same time. My neighbor’s dog was a Blur Heeler.

Sorry to hear this. Either way to just have an animal disappear must be very frustrating.

Just assuming somebody snagged them, that makes my blood boil that idiots are out there doing that. There have been some reports of stolen dogs around my area as well. Just another reason for me to get a camera over my gate area.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I understand what you are going thru. I have been through it several times and each time is difficult and never gets easy. Just remember the good times that you spent with her. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My baby of 9 and 1/2 years just got diagnosed with bladder cancer she has only a few days left. I don’t know what I’m even doing right now. My wife and I have no kids yet. She was with me since she was 12 weeks old. She was a brindle and white puppy and had little freckles on her face where the brindle and white meet. Her name is Dallas and I didn’t name her it was her name when I got her. Meant to be. These next few days will be the hard to say the least. She and our other dog are our world. Thanks for letting me vent
I'm sorry.....my childhood dog, Astro, died when I was a senior in HS. I got him when he was 4 weeks old and he was with me for 8 years. I moved off to college and then work. Over the years I've had a couple of good dogs, Ginger and Butkus, but I never got too close. I was always working and just didn't take the time.
After Butkus, I decided not to get another until I retired. 10 years ago my daughter asked me for a dog, we decided it would be good for her. That's when we got Cookie. She's an indoor dog and is part of our family. Since my daughter moved to school 3 years ago, she's been sleeping with me and my wife. I'm tearing up thinking about your story.
Be strong, when the time is right, you will find another dog to bless with your love.
Listen to the song Maggie's song by Cris Stapleton
Salud!

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Update. We put a stent in her uretha. Hopefully it buys some time but you never know. As long as she’s pain free and happy that’s all that matters. She’s so happy and loving that she deserves more time on this earth. One day at a time You guys have really helped me with understanding and preparation for what will happen soon in the future

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I kinda relate to how you are feeling. A couple weeks ago, our dog and our neighbors dog disappeared. Nobody has seen them and nobody has any ideal about what happened to them. Our dog was a Great Pyrenees mix and everybody in our community kept treats for her and some even let her in their houses so that they could play with her. Maybe somebody picked her up, but it is unusual for two dogs to be stolen at the same time. My neighbor’s dog was a Blur Heeler.
* Do you have any new arrival Chi-Com's into yer' neighborhood's local A.O.?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Update. We put a stent in her uretha. Hopefully it buys some time but you never know. As long as she’s pain free and happy that’s all that matters. She’s so happy and loving that she deserves more time on this earth. One day at a time You guys have really helped me with understanding and preparation for what will happen soon in the future

That's good news, spoil her rotten everyday.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
* While I may come across as crass, crude & completely uncouth,,,er,,,upon occasion, believe me when I say I've suffered the broad RANGED spectrum of emotional feelings of having to 'put down' long term buddys/pets to the financial monetary sinkhole the size of a motorhome/R.V. ,,, to having to deal daily w/ whatever ol' lady at the times emotional crying wreckage over it ( you will reach a decision point, out of compassion for ( either or both) the pets ongoing suffering or the arterial draining of yer' wallet)

Melonfeud

Reaction score
It seems even more unusual for two dogs to run off and not come back. Do you have coyotes near you?
*Dogs out here in TUCSON will run "pack" w/ coyotes ( I'd set 3 #2 under coil leghold trap sets around a live caged rooster set atop a bale of straw set on its end, next sunrise? I had two coyotes& a leather collar clad CORGI dog *

*Popped the two coyotes w/80 grain subsonic .22 rimfire & released the CORGI,,, it licked me in the face & headed hell bent fer' election back to wherever it called home*

Last edited: