Dolphins fire HC Flores

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's really all it is. If they had a QB they are a contender.
really??

what happened to Chargers, people claimed all season especially early on hes a better then dak and was top 5 and top 10 and hes OUT.. LAC had solid defense, young hot hc and a great qb..what happened?

its more than a qb IMHO

i believe Tua needs to continue developing Hes not bad and they played well. teams get impatient change coaches and qbs before they develop.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Well if you draft Tua over Herbert, you should have been fired immediately…
I get it, but looking back how many people really had Herbert ranked higher than Tua? I was never a Tua fan, but Herbert had a ton of red flags around him coming out. Him & Burrow easily go 1 & 2 in any sort of redraft though.

John813

Reaction score
Not surprising to me.

1. Flores was a mess in dealing with his assistants. Dolphins were probably going to go on their 4th OC in 4 years. they had a lot of turnover, and unofficial rumors were that it was more on Flores than the assistants.
2. Was a bit like Gase in regards to deflecting all blame to execution.
3. Bad with game management.
4. Never liked Tua, imo. While Tua isn't secured as the guy, he way he handled his young QB was bad. Especially with all the Watson/Herbert rumblings.
5. Ross is older than Jerry. He wants to win. His love for Jim H has been known for over a decade after he embarrassed Tony Sparano. Dolphins have the most cap space in 2022. IMO he will bring the brinks for the HC and Ross has never known to be cheap when paying players.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
lol wow ok

Do they have Harbaugh already hired and signed? Because if not this is going to look like a bad, impulsive move if Harbaugh decides to stay with Michigan and they just fired one of the better now free coaching options in the NFL. Also Harbaugh's first time in the NFL didn't go too well, that's why he went back to college. lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Surprised that they fired him, I believe he had the Dolphins going in the right direction and not sure they'll find a replacement coach who can do better with that franchise, considering how below average to bad they had been for a while.

If anyone should be fired, it’s Chris Grier their GM.