Dolphins fire HC Flores

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do they have Harbaugh already hired and signed? Because if not this is going to look like a bad, impulsive move if Harbaugh decides to stay with Michigan and they just fired one of the better now free coaching options in the NFL. Also Harbaugh's first time in the NFL didn't go too well, that's why he went back to college. lol

Sure if you consider nearly winning the Super Bowl ‘not too well’.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Whitt would probably be Quinn first choice for DC.
Fair point, but why leave for a lateral move? It's not like this defense is hurting for talent as they were a year ago. Also this is the Dallas Cowboys, if its who the Cowboys want jerry will pay him well, and he gets the national attention of being the Dallas DC.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

To add to @Risen Star tweet above

So the owner chose to keep the wrong two instead of the right one?

giphy.gif

uvaballa

Reaction score
Dolphins are a dumb organization. This makes no sense and will probably hurt them in the long run.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Jags is the best job. They have the talent to turn around quick plus they have the #1 overall pick in the 2022 draft.
Not sure I completely agree, but cant say i disagree either. You've got a QB in place, high draft picks again, cap space to work with, etc. I'd rather go there and rebuild for another year than go to some of these other spots with no QB, and probably have to mortgage their futures to get one.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair point, but why leave for a lateral move? It's not like this defense is hurting for talent as they were a year ago. Also this is the Dallas Cowboys, if its who the Cowboys want jerry will pay him well, and he gets the national attention of being the Dallas DC.

If Whitt is under contract, I don’t think he can leave for a lateral move.

John813

Reaction score
If anyone should be fired, it’s Chris Grier their GM.

I agree. He's been there for a long *** time and outside of a few trades he has not done a great job as GM IMO.
But, IMO I think one thing he's good at is being loyal to the owner.

Was that Flores’ call?

According to rumors from local press earlier, no.

The talk was Flores wanted Herbert.
The owner wanted Burrow and was willing to trade up but Bengals said hell no.
There's debate on who ultimately went with Tua over Herbert(Owner and/or Grier) but I think the FO was enamored with him before the season and after Burrows trade up was dashed, they stuck with Tua.

The issue was Flores was his arrogance. Something we see a lot out of former Bill B assistants lately.

conner01

Reaction score
What is the deal with the Dolphins. A few years ago they have a fire sale and now they fire the HC before he can even replenish the roster completely?
Kind of hard to win in that kind of situation.
Lots of HC lose their job due to failures of a GM