Dolphins fire HC Flores

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‘They also have the most disliked GM he has a bad reputation working with coaches.

I'm assuming Kahn is going to do a full flush. Whoever advised him to hire Urban Meyer has go to be on the chopping block. I assume that's the GM.

bewp7

Reaction score
ha ha

image pick grier and tua over flores and watson

dolphins will get what they diserve

flores will be out of a job for like a week he will be just fine

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is the deal with the Dolphins. A few years ago they have a fire sale and now they fire the HC before he can even replenish the roster completely?
Kind of hard to win in that kind of situation.
May be more than meets the eye.....maybe he's hard to work with, or maybe the FO just doesn't think he's the answer....it is, what it is....

khiladi

Reaction score
Franchise QBs like Herbert put you immediately back on the map.

Tua was picked over Herbert because of the “dual threat” QB mold of these modern QBs which haven’t shown any sustained success in reality. Herbert is 6’7” and exhibits every trait of a modern day passer and his ability to go through his progressions is on a different level. Tua has durability concerns as well, besides inconsistency issues and when you play for Alabama, the talent that surrounds you is far apart from anybody else. If you have questions about Herbert because he played in Oregon, than those questions, if not more should apply with Alabama and the fact they even win with guys like Hurts playing.

I just think the NFL falls in love with an idea and goes over-board with it. I don’t buy this excuse regarding Herbert. You can see and recognize all-world talent immediately. The traditional pocket passer that can go through progressions is always the best choice. And with Herbert, you don’t have the mobility issues either, because he is mobile and can make every throw.

That being said, I have no idea if Flores had a part in it or not, because I don’t really follow the Dolphins. The way this article writes, it was a joint decision. But considering the fact they posted winning records two years in a row and they seem to be in the play for Watson as QB, I would harbor it makes zero sense. You built a solid team and the one weak link, it appears you are addressing via Watson.

If the issues with Tua and the GM are true, maybe Flores didn’t want him.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-nfl-draft-dolphins/d3wkr3zgoat7177josj14myux

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
So the owner chose to keep the wrong two instead of the right one?

giphy.gif

Ross is like Jerry Jones post Jimmy, but without the rings/success.

Anywho, as a person who follows the Dolphins, I'm not too bummed as Flores has HC talent but was a bit too egoistical at times. And while he doesn't have to love working with Grier/Tua he really didn't handle it well IMO.

I'm hoping Grier just becomes a yes man if they hire Harbaugh. While the Tua draft is over, wanting Watson with his current issues is a big red flag.

Aven8

Reaction score
Are there even enough good candidates to fill these positions?

John813

Reaction score
If I wanted Herbert and was forced into coaching Tua I'd be pretty arrogant about it too.

Where are the Dolphins right now with Herbert?

Probably not much better as their line consists of Chaz Greens and Torrin Tuckers.
Thanks to Grier lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ross is like Jerry Jones post Jimmy, but without the rings/success.

Anywho, as a person who follows the Dolphins, I'm not too bummed as Flores has HC talent but was a bit too egoistical at times. And while he doesn't have to love working with Grier/Tua he really didn't handle it well IMO.

I'm hoping Grier just becomes a yes man if they hire Harbaugh. While the Tua draft is over, wanting Watson with his current issues is a big red flag.

I see everything needed for success in Miami right now except the quarterback. Flores finally had the defense playing well and now they decided to start over. A fish stinks from the head and Ross is the head problem in Miami.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
And the Giants are keeping Joe Judge.

LOL

I don’t get this. I just read the guy ran a QB sneak on his own 4 yard line on 3rd and 9 down 3-0 in the 2nd. That’s a ball of quit right there. You don’t possess, at 4-12, any other plays to run to get a 1st? Just set up the punt. Maras make Jones family look genius.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Nice little investigation there
I think you are gonna be right
I just remembered that the Dolphins owner is a Michigan guy and those two are tight.

Doenst matter unless Tua is the guy, which leaves a lot to be desired at this point.

Someone is going to get one heckuva DC in Flores.

Maybe blasphemy around here but I'd hire him as HC before Quinn.

He did a great job in Miami and in no way deserved to be fired.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t get this. I just read the guy ran a QB sneak on his own 4 yard line on 3rd and 9 down 3-0 in the 2nd. That’s a ball of quit right there. You don’t possess, at 4-12, any other plays to run to get a 1st? Just set up the punt. Maras make Jones family look genius.

I think he managed to get himself fired with his press conference meltdown. I’ll be surprised if they keep him now.

khiladi

Reaction score
If I wanted Herbert and was forced into coaching Tua I'd be pretty arrogant about it too.

Where are the Dolphins right now with Herbert?

Yeah, they definitely fired the wrong guy if that was the case.