Dolphins fire HC Flores

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
John Gruden is done. He's not worth the heat he'd bring to whoever hired him after his emails were exposed.

Miami should fire whoever took Tua over Herbert.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
John Gruden is done. He's not worth the heat he'd bring to whoever hired him after his emails were exposed.

Miami should fire whoever took Tua over Herbert.
Ehh that's not a fireable offense to me Burrow, Herbert and Tua were all great prospects coming in. For awhile it was looking like Tua would be the 1st QB taken.....Burrow kind of jumped over him and Herbert.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Flores is likely getting one of the other HC spots I bet.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He’s a great coach. I’d be shocked if he’s not someone’s HC….Vikings should look at him honestly.

The only thing is they just let go of M Zim, I'm positive they will be looking for an offensive HC...other than BB and tomlin ( 2 HOF coaches) who are the playoff teams with Defensive HC? These teams want QB friendly HC's in my opinion of course, I could see McVay getting the axe if Rams are one and done and could see a great fit for Flores there.Basically all the HC fireing so far have been teams unloading defensive minded HC's.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is a shocker...dude had that team playing hard the past couple years. They definitely outperformed their talent. Won't be shocked if he's coaching the Jags, Broncos, or Vikings next year.

NM, just saw I'm a few hours late to the party on this thread. Mods pls delete

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Incredible. Year 1 they way outperform. Year 2 just miss playoffs. Year 3 they get off to a rough start without a QB then go on a huge run. So stupid. He can coach. That team is ready and has a bunch of draft picks.

Motorola

Reaction score
Incredible. Year 1 they way outperform. Year 2 just miss playoffs. Year 3 they get off to a rough start without a QB then go on a huge run. So stupid. He can coach. That team is ready and has a bunch of draft picks.
This move is senseless. Couldn’t give Flores one more season to see if the Dolphins 2021 turnaround carries over into 2022?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The only thing is they just let go of M Zim, I'm positive they will be looking for an offensive HC...other than BB and tomlin ( 2 HOF coaches) who are the playoff teams with Defensive HC? These teams want QB friendly HC's in my opinion of course, I could see McVay getting the axe if Rams are one and done and could see a great fit for Flores there.Basically all the HC fireing so far have been teams unloading defensive minded HC's.
Normally that's the case....they go from a DC head coach to a OC head coach. But to me Flores is just the best guy on the market honestly. If Vikings had a younger QB I would think it was automatic to get a Head Coach in there who can help develop their QB but Cousins kind of is what he is at this point so i'd hire the best coach available. But I do agree I think they'll probably go offense as head coach.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This move is senseless. Couldn’t give Flores one more season to see if the Dolphins 2021 turnaround carries over into 2022?

It’s being reported there was a problem between Flores and Tua and the GM. That’s what led to the firing.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Wow! I thought Flores was doing everything he was asked there... he led that team out of a tank job into relevance and he was calling a good defense. He looks like the solution rather than the problem.