Dolphins fire HC Flores

John813

Reaction score
Brissett certainly isn’t the answer, but that doesn’t make Tua good.

Of course. Tua is a bus driver for now/maybe forever. But Brissett couldn't even start the bus imo and one win here or there and they at least are the 7th seed.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Yea, he had the defense righted but he couldn't figure out the Bills offense worth a damn.

Dolphins main issues are Griers inability to draft talent and Ross being too overbearing on FO decisions on personnel.
Their offensive line has been a dumpster fire since the Philbin debacle with Richie Incognito/Martin.
They seem to have "hit" on Waddle and Gesicki is a good receiving TE.

But to Tua's defense, sort of, until they got Duke Johnson off the PS they lacked a run game and a competent line. I think if Tua was healthy this year they could of squeaked into the playoffs. I think with Brissett they were 1-5 or something to that affect and he was bad. Like failed eye/advanced stats.
Nailed it....Miami has squandered so many draft picks it's sickening.

quickccc

Reaction score
lol wow ok

- which is exactly what came to my mind .. they must have a shiny toy HC in mind that they really truly want ..and convince they can get.
and it would have to be a NFL proven commodity.

- Jax made a huge mistake with their own shiny toy HC - ala Urban Meyers..

khiladi

Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20. There are no guarantees. Tua cemented his draft status coming in at half and rallying Alabama to a Championship. But the red flag to me was the reverse happened the following year. I don’t want to see that on my QB prospect’s resume. I felt the same with Vinny “I never saw an INT I wouldn’t throw” Testaverde after he threw 5 picks in the Fiesta Bowl.

That’s what I mean. A “half-time rally” in one game that ends up in a season of inconsistency should be a more telling indicator of a red flag than a solid QB for an actual scout. This is a flavor of the moment type thing.

dckid

Reaction score
Dumb move by the Phish. Flores got that team back in the playoff hunt after the bad start. Including losing his QB for several games.. He will get another job.. He's too good a coach to stay unemployed for long..
Flores is an amazing coach. To be handed that Dolphin organization and they gutted the team in season. I agree teams should be lined up to hire him. Young, disciplined, culture changer... Hmm exactly what the Cowboys need.

quickccc

Reaction score

To add to @Risen Star tweet above

Which that would be a reflection of a dysfunctional front office ....and sumthin' that Watson is Not gonna want to be a part of after experiencing similar in Houston

.. and if they think they had issues with Flores, ..what do you expect is gonna happen, if it does happen to be Harbaugh they hire on ..??

" Get ya Popcorn Ready..." ..... :popcorn:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
What is the deal with the Dolphins. A few years ago they have a fire sale and now they fire the HC before he can even replenish the roster completely?
Kind of hard to win in that kind of situation.

IMO...has to be a *specific* coach he wants. Harbaugh or Pederson

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dolphins owner is an Wolverine..doubt he poaches the coach who got them into the playoffs...besides..why would you fire a great defensive HC to hire another defensive HC..bet they go with an offensive HC and try and make a decision on Tua. Swapping Flores for DQ just doesn't make a huge change to me. Still see DQ going to Seattle....

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Dan Quinn's smiling.

I mean...given everything Vegas has been through, is it a forgone conclusion that they don't just promote Rich Bisaccia to head coach? I mean, they're the 5th seed...I think they lose to Cincy but I would have guessed an implosion after Ruggs and Gruden

Plankton

Reaction score
The owner is a Michigan alum and a huge donor to the school. I think he knows that Jim Harbaugh wants back in the NFL, and he's going to try and get him.

quickccc

Reaction score
Not surprising to me.

1. Flores was a mess in dealing with his assistants. Dolphins were probably going to go on their 4th OC in 4 years. they had a lot of turnover, and unofficial rumors were that it was more on Flores than the assistants.
2. Was a bit like Gase in regards to deflecting all blame to execution.
3. Bad with game management.
4. Never liked Tua, imo. While Tua isn't secured as the guy, he way he handled his young QB was bad. Especially with all the Watson/Herbert rumblings.
5. Ross is older than Jerry. He wants to win. His love for Jim H has been known for over a decade after he embarrassed Tony Sparano. Dolphins have the most cap space in 2022. IMO he will bring the brinks for the HC and Ross has never known to be cheap when paying players.

- For whatever the assistant coach changes were about, the bottom line was winning and creating a winning atmosphere.
And Fins were on a roll in a win streak including a finale victory over Belichek and the Pats. So it would seem that the players were believing in him and playing hard and
competiting.

- And that was winning with a questionable starting QB at that. and they don't have a star-studded offensive team. No stud QB, RB, TE
The Tua pick sounded like what several NFL teams are still struggling with - trying to acquire that young franchise QB to build around.
Sam Donald,.. Mitch Trubisky, ..Daniel Jones ... and what's to become of Trey Lance, Zach Wilson, Love, etc. ? Watch list.

- It's a reason why Deshan Watson apparently pegged Miami as one of the few Trade places to go ..

- Game management? Doesn't this seems to happen all around the league, with most HC's ? ..including our very own current HC .. lol

quickccc

Reaction score
Not surprising to me.

1. Flores was a mess in dealing with his assistants. Dolphins were probably going to go on their 4th OC in 4 years. they had a lot of turnover, and unofficial rumors were that it was more on Flores than the assistants.
2. Was a bit like Gase in regards to deflecting all blame to execution.
3. Bad with game management.
4. Never liked Tua, imo. While Tua isn't secured as the guy, he way he handled his young QB was bad. Especially with all the Watson/Herbert rumblings.
5. Ross is older than Jerry. He wants to win. His love for Jim H has been known for over a decade after he embarrassed Tony Sparano. Dolphins have the most cap space in 2022. IMO he will bring the brinks for the HC and Ross has never known to be cheap when paying players.

i was under the impression that Flores had been there only 3 years ..instead of 4 years ?