Dolphins Grant S Minkah Fitzpatrick Permission to Seek Trade **merged**

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who said he’s not a starter? Coaching staff is moving him around to different positions.
That means the player does not have a position. He is on the field for the 1st defensive snap but a player without a set position or set role is not typically what we think of with regards to the term starter.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
No way is he worth more than Cooper. The Dolphins might want a 1st, but keeping a disgruntled player in the locker room never helps out anyone.
no evidence he's disgruntled....he'd prefer to play on position not multiple posiitons..Miami got two first round picks and a second for Tunsil, they aren't giving Fitz away for nothing but a knock out deal!

JBS

Reaction score
That means the player does not have a position. He is on the field for the 1st defensive snap but a player without a set position or set role is not typically what we think of with regards to the term starter.

He played the most snaps on defense of any player in Miami last year

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dolphins are dumping payroll like a loosing MLB team, it’s the new trend in the NFL for smaller markets.
This needs to be addressed in the upcoming CBA

JBS

Reaction score
Dolphins are dumping payroll like a loosing MLB team, it’s the new trend in the NFL for smaller markets.
This needs to be addressed in the upcoming CBA

It has nothing to do w dumping payroll..on top of that, the nfl has a minimum that each team has to spend..so there already is a system in place

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I would give them:

My First offer: 3rd rounder + Taco
Second offer: Straight 2nd rounder
Third and final offer: Taco + 2nd rounder + 3rd rounder and in return Minkah + their 3rd rounder

The guy is only 22 years old, the Dolphins like him, and he wants out of a crappy situation (who wouldn't)

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
He's a game changer. A top 10 talent second year player on a rookie contract? Yeah, I'd give up a late 1st and Taco.

These are the kinds of moves you make when you go all in. You won't find a better talent at the end of the 1st than him. And we aren't using Taco anyways. It's a no brainer.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I don't know exactly where the Cowboys would play him, but Anthony Brown and Byron Jones are both set to be FA in 2020, Chidobe, Lewis and Woods in 2021, Minkah 2022.

This allows you to not have to overpay someone because you don't want to lose a contributor on your defense without a guy to take his place, and also allows you trade one of those guys like Brown or Lewis this year.

Not a bad situation to be in if you go after Minkah even if it cost you a 2nd round pick because Jones and Brown if they hit the FA market will net you a 3rd and 4th round Comp pick.