Dolphins Grant S Minkah Fitzpatrick Permission to Seek Trade **merged**

gmoney112

Reaction score
I was wondering how he ended up. Apparently, pretty good.

For us, I'd say he was definitely worth a 2nd round pick, considering we're talking in the 50s probably. I'm guessing it'd require an extra player, maybe an extra pick. 2 + 5 + Taco, I'd do that.

Given we have Byron and Brown FA next year, and Chido + Lewis will only have 1 year left. It makes a lot of sense.

Also gives you a pretty talented secondary in a year you might be a contender. I'd like to see Richards working with him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was wondering how he ended up. Apparently, pretty good.

For us, I'd say he was definitely worth a 2nd round pick, considering we're talking in the 50s probably. I'm guessing it'd require an extra player, maybe an extra pick. 2 + 5 + Taco, I'd do that.

Given we have Byron and Brown FA next year, and Chido + Lewis will only have 1 year left. It makes a lot of sense.

Also gives you a pretty talented secondary in a year you might be a contender. I'd like to see Richards working with him.
I would like to know more about the issue between him and the Dolphins.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/am...-blogs/armando-salguero/article235048722.html

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Which of these responses is most to be used by our front office

1) Too rich

2) We like our guys

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I was discussing him with somebody in another thread today.

He started 11 games last season but has been relegated to backup this season from my understanding.

Taco for him straight up.

I'm sorry to the 11 people that liked this, but there's so much wrong in this post. Very little research went into this.

Phins rotate their DBs like most teams rotate their rush men. So no Minkah is not a back up lmao. Even if they didnt rotate, a backup doesnt play 64% of snaps in week one. He also played the 3rd most snaps on defense for the phins last year, so the only 11 games started statement is really bad too.

After that the phins reportedly wanted a 1st for him, but will have to settle for a 2nd. They don't want a player back if you paid ANY attention to the dolphins the last six months you'd know that. Even if they wanted a player, Tacl foesnt even come remotely close to the same value.

So the question is would yall trade a 2nd for him?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Taco has less years of team control left
Taco wasnt nearly as highly regarded of a prospect as Minkah
Taco's best season hasnt been 1-10th as good as Minkah's only season
Minkah is pristine off the field, Taco has known attitude issues

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If it's true they will likely settle for a 2nd, it probably won't be enough for the Cowboys to get it done. Let's say multiple teams offer a 2nd, I'm sure the Dolp would then prioritize the highest likely pick. I'm guessing at a min, we'd have to either throw include Taco or an additional pick ( like 2021 5th ?).

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
If it's true they will likely settle for a 2nd, it probably won't be enough for the Cowboys to get it done. Let's say multiple teams offer a 2nd, I'm sure the Dolp would then prioritize the highest likely pick. I'm guessing at a min, we'd have to either throw include Taco or an additional pick ( like 2021 5th ?).
I'd do 2nd and Taco or 5th without blinking

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
After that the phins reportedly wanted a 1st for him, but will have to settle for a 2nd. They don't want a player back if you paid ANY attention to the dolphins the last six months you'd know that. Even if they wanted a player, Tacl foesnt even come remotely close to the same value.

Absolutely...

I'd give up a solid player too if it got the deal done.

This is a blue chip talent.

Also, does a team get a compensation pick if Taco walks from their team after the season?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If we think this kid the potential to be an elite player, go get him but we may have to pay a bit more than we'd like. I'm not talking about a 1st but I would strongly consider 2020 2nd and 2021 3rd and yes kick in Taco.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Minkah:
22 years old
Plays the exact position we are weakest at
Had one of the best rookie seasons last year
One year removed from being an elite prospect
His CAP hits if traded:
Still four years of team control for us
No off field issues

I could get talked into a 1st pretty easily.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Absolutely...

I'd give up a solid player too if it got the deal done.

This is a blue chip talent.

Also, does a team get a compensation pick if Taco walks from their team after the season?
Not after this year, the year after. And I'm not sure if Taco would sign a large enoug contract for comp

John813

Reaction score
I'm sorry to the 11 people that liked this, but there's so much wrong in this post. Very little research went into this.

Phins rotate their DBs like most teams rotate their rush men. So no Minkah is not a back up lmao. Even if they didnt rotate, a backup doesnt play 64% of snaps in week one. He also played the 3rd most snaps on defense for the phins last year, so the only 11 games started statement is really bad too.

Dolphins rotation in the secondary is fairly new. And one can argue there were rotations week 1 due to the shitshow performance out there from their "starters". I mean Walt Aikens(think of Keith Davis/Tony Dixon but more lost on a defense) got 18 snaps.
They have one great corner in Howard and then a bunch of spare parts, outside of Fitz if they just left him alone in the slot.

Last year Fitz was primarily the slot corner as McDonald and Jones manned the safety spots.
When injuries piled up he was asked to play boundary and FS when McDonald was out.

This year he has been asked to do a lot, such as linebacker, SS, slot etc. Hence his high percentage of snaps compared to his teammates.

He technically was a "backup" week 1 cause he wasn't on the starting roster but yes this and last year he was heavily involved.

He was also high on the snaps played last year due to injuries that plagued the team. Quite a few of their starters missed a few games but Fitz was healthy for the year.

I think the Dolphins could have some interest in Taco + a pick. They lost their starter in Ledbetter(DE) on IR and their talent in the front 7 is bad. Taco could be a worthy try for them since he would get significant snaps there and well they would be getting a day 2 pick back to restock the bust cupboard.
But is it likely? Doubtful. We like what we have, and Fitz isn't a fan of the SS role.