Twitter: Dolphins open to trading WR Cedrick Wilson

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Dolphins actually made a smart deal with him. It is all salary so if he is not what they wanted they can cut him or trade him for very little CAP impact.

I liked Ced when he was with Dallas. But $7 million is double what I would pay him. Still, he has some abilities that could be useful.
IT was the opposite of a smart deal. The fact that they want to trade him acknowledges their regret.

Creeper

Reaction score
IT was the opposite of a smart deal. The fact that they want to trade him acknowledges their regret.
Not every deal works out. But the smart thing is protect the team in case it doesn't. The Dolphins did that with Wilson.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not every deal works out. But the smart thing is protect the team in case it doesn't. The Dolphins did that with Wilson.
They should have never signed him in the first place. That would have been the smarter move.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
They're open to trading him because they're stuck with him for at least this year. Maybe if they give another team a 5th they would make the trade to get him off the cap.
Wouldn’t say they are stuck with him. Post June 1st cut saves them 4.5 million. Anytime stories like this are planted, it usually means a release is around the corner.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Wilson was a solid 3rd/4th WR, but also keep in mind he was very good at ST, and not just a returner.

This does not make him worth 7 mil. per year, but it does make him worth a mil or two, if he is released.

John813

Reaction score
Salary is fully guaranteed this year. Pretty much have to trade him for any cap relief

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Salary is fully guaranteed this year. Pretty much have to trade him for any cap relief

They’ll get some 2023 cap relief if he gets cut or moved after June 1 so they might as well put out feelers, I guess. If they draft a WR early, Wilson most likely doesn’t make it out of training camp.

CWR

Reaction score
Lol, of course they are. They over paid him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No thanks. He was not all that great when he was here, not as many thought he was.
Can get better players in the draft at this point.
I was gonna say I like the guy but for that salary? He was not nearly as good as people said. I honestly don’t know if I’d want him as my top 3 receiver.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Love me some Cedric Wilson bit not for 7.5 per year. 3.5 per year let's go baby.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Certainly need to be all over that if he is released. He and Dak had good chemistry