Twitter: Dolphins open to trading WR Cedrick Wilson

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No thanks. He was not all that great when he was here, not as many thought he was.
Can get better players in the draft at this point.
Wilson was much better than what you’re giving him credit for, which is how he earned that free agent contract with Miami. He stepped in for an injured Michael Gallup and did an excellent job. Wilson only started four games, but had just over 600 yards and 6 TDs, including two 100 yard games. In the playoffs against San Francisco he had 5 catches for 62 yards. He didn’t do anything in Miami because they have a couple of great receivers and never got much opportunity.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Only after he's cut you can bring him back.

Lamb
Cooks
Gallup
Wilson
Tolbert
Turpin

That would probably be your receiving corp.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Nice player, but I don’t really see why we would give up a draft pick for the privilege of overpaying him.

I see him with Kellen and the Chargers, then he can bring back that fling pass disaster of a play he liked to run.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
No one is going to trade anything for a reserve player making 7 million a year. He'll be a free agent.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Absolutely not. Vet minimum deal after being released is fine because he also plays ST‘s, but trading for him is silly. The 12 receptions for 136 yards and zero TDs he had last year is at least as pertinent as what he did here. He made the most of his opportunity and I’m thankful for that. One season over 189 yards in his career. We criticize the Jones boys for the “we like our guys” attitude and the fans here act the same way.

Mr_437

Reaction score
MIA would have to eat about $3M of that contract to get Dallas 7th round pick. Wilson could simply be released then he could come back to Dallas on a fair offer.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Be nice to have him back when he’s cut for 2-3m per year as he should be paid.

75boyz

Reaction score
I'd definutely take him over Tolbert, Fehoko and Houston.
But first there's the financial aspect which makes acquisition doubtful and then there's the newly found run game philosophy to deal with.

I mean more specifically...
With the money tied up in Cooks and Gallup, Lamb on a trying to get WR1 money contract year and then, Ced as the 4th option, why tie up so much money in the WR room and then when are they gonna run the ball?

I sense contradiction in all these offseason run game speeches.

It's prolly just me.
Heck, while we're at it it makes sense to draft another tight end in the first so we can "run the damn ball" too said the HC who in 30 years of coaching has NEVER been known for dynamic run game principles.

Makes perfect sense.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Loved Wilson at Boise State and in Dallas. Don't think I'd like to move picks for him, but would definitely fly him in if he gets cut.