Don’t fold too quick FO

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am seeing that the FO has given solid offers to these triplets.

I would love to know what these offers are.

Cooper - Seems to be quiet and says he isn’t worried and will let the other WR set the market. But yet FO is saying they gave him a offer. He may be a sniper. Lol. Quiet but wanting to take that offer and see what others get and then take another look at it. End of the day wanting the most he can get. If it’s more than his worth then oh well.. His stats aren’t as great as the other WR that are asking for this major money. Not saying he can’t be.

Dak - I don’t like his agent asking for Wilson money when Dak hasn’t achieved what Wilson has done. If the FO believe in him they should have went quicker, before wentz got a deal he didn’t deserve IMO. The wentz deal should have been 28-30 he can’t stay healthy and actually seems to choke a bit. Now Daks deal has to basically start at 32. Likely what they have offered and are playing with the guaranteed and signing bonus. Dak says he is active in the negotiations. If your a leader then step up Dak. Your agent is asking for more than your worth. If they can’t afford to put a team around you then you will look horrible but if your getting paid then I guess it won’t matter if your embarrassed and out of the league or a backup after the deal is done or as soon as we can move on. Dak is a good QB and could end up being great but they all need a team around them with the exception of very few. Only brady can carry a team with scraps and he still needs a defense.

Elliot - Now we have this kid. Actually looking like he is gonna pull a Emmitt. This upsets me. After what he has been through off field and this FO and team has stood beside him. Yeah he is a major part of the Offense and a lot think the Offense goes totally through him. Well that’s not totally correct. I don’t like him doing this. Holding the team hostage. If I am the FO then I am cutting Chum and Jackson. I am resigning Alfred Morris. He knows the system and will give you all he has, he don’t have the break away speed but will work hard and give you a 100 yard game. Develop Pollard in the TC. Let Elliot sit at home or over seas. He walks through TC and don’t play preseason anyways.

1 - Make a last and final to Dak. If his agent don’t take it then let him play out his rookie deal and if they can’t come to a deal then tag him.

2 - Let Cooper set back and watch. If Gallup steps up and Cobb plays well. And the Y option for Witten will be open all day. Then at the end of the year his stats may not match up with what his agent wants. Although I would really like to sign him.

3 - Elliot maybe under paid but he signed a rookie 1st round contact. If you don’t want to play the 5th year option then ok. But you were smiling when you got that signing bonus. And that is where we fold. SJ wants him and already said he has the money set aside. If they gave him a offer then it’s already above what gurly got. I hope Pollard shines and I am signing Morris now.

At some point the FO has to say ok. Let’s roll. Cooper can wait and Dak can play out his rookie deal. If you don’t improve because your polly pissy pants over not getting your deal then no one else will give you the money you want either. And if Elliot don’t sign a deal that makes him the new highest paid RB then I let the contract details out to the media. Let everyone know we offered him the contract. He is a beast and maybe another team gives us a draft pick for him and pays him but he may very well end up in trouble again before he can turn down the deal. He is a good RB but if he can’t stay out of trouble then he will have issues. We could play hard ball and use the option on him next year also. Play and play well or it will cost you.

We don’t have to fold. I don’t like these agents having players hold things over a teams head. Holding off on surgeries until there signed. Holding out after 3 years of your rookie deal. Asking for top money when your stats don’t add up to what top player do.

It’s all over the NFL and not just our team. Dak starts this crap with saying we can sign everyone to top money because the cap goes up and gambling money will help. Let’s see what happens when the team has to start asking you to renegotiate and redo your contract so we can hire a guy to help you look good.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It's amazing how fans will bend over backwards to support billionaires while trashing players, because they just want to see their favorite uniforms win and don't give a hoot about the guys wearing them. :rolleyes:
Are you kidding. Have you seen there salaries. I have no problem with a player that's the best at there position getting paid. But when you haven't out performed the best in the league and your asking for more than them then its a issue.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am seeing that the FO has given solid offers to these triplets.

I would love to know what these offers are.

Cooper - Seems to be quiet and says he isn’t worried and will let the other WR set the market. But yet FO is saying they gave him a offer. He may be a sniper. Lol. Quiet but wanting to take that offer and see what others get and then take another look at it. End of the day wanting the most he can get. If it’s more than his worth then oh well.. His stats aren’t as great as the other WR that are asking for this major money. Not saying he can’t be.

Dak - I don’t like his agent asking for Wilson money when Dak hasn’t achieved what Wilson has done. If the FO believe in him they should have went quicker, before wentz got a deal he didn’t deserve IMO. The wentz deal should have been 28-30 he can’t stay healthy and actually seems to choke a bit. Now Daks deal has to basically start at 32. Likely what they have offered and are playing with the guaranteed and signing bonus. Dak says he is active in the negotiations. If your a leader then step up Dak. Your agent is asking for more than your worth. If they can’t afford to put a team around you then you will look horrible but if your getting paid then I guess it won’t matter if your embarrassed and out of the league or a backup after the deal is done or as soon as we can move on. Dak is a good QB and could end up being great but they all need a team around them with the exception of very few. Only brady can carry a team with scraps and he still needs a defense.

Elliot - Now we have this kid. Actually looking like he is gonna pull a Emmitt. This upsets me. After what he has been through off field and this FO and team has stood beside him. Yeah he is a major part of the Offense and a lot think the Offense goes totally through him. Well that’s not totally correct. I don’t like him doing this. Holding the team hostage. If I am the FO then I am cutting Chum and Jackson. I am resigning Alfred Morris. He knows the system and will give you all he has, he don’t have the break away speed but will work hard and give you a 100 yard game. Develop Pollard in the TC. Let Elliot sit at home or over seas. He walks through TC and don’t play preseason anyways.

1 - Make a last and final to Dak. If his agent don’t take it then let him play out his rookie deal and if they can’t come to a deal then tag him.

2 - Let Cooper set back and watch. If Gallup steps up and Cobb plays well. And the Y option for Witten will be open all day. Then at the end of the year his stats may not match up with what his agent wants. Although I would really like to sign him.

3 - Elliot maybe under paid but he signed a rookie 1st round contact. If you don’t want to play the 5th year option then ok. But you were smiling when you got that signing bonus. And that is where we fold. SJ wants him and already said he has the money set aside. If they gave him a offer then it’s already above what gurly got. I hope Pollard shines and I am signing Morris now.

At some point the FO has to say ok. Let’s roll. Cooper can wait and Dak can play out his rookie deal. If you don’t improve because your polly pissy pants over not getting your deal then no one else will give you the money you want either. And if Elliot don’t sign a deal that makes him the new highest paid RB then I let the contract details out to the media. Let everyone know we offered him the contract. He is a beast and maybe another team gives us a draft pick for him and pays him but he may very well end up in trouble again before he can turn down the deal. He is a good RB but if he can’t stay out of trouble then he will have issues. We could play hard ball and use the option on him next year also. Play and play well or it will cost you.

We don’t have to fold. I don’t like these agents having players hold things over a teams head. Holding off on surgeries until there signed. Holding out after 3 years of your rookie deal. Asking for top money when your stats don’t add up to what top player do.

It’s all over the NFL and not just our team. Dak starts this crap with saying we can sign everyone to top money because the cap goes up and gambling money will help. Let’s see what happens when the team has to start asking you to renegotiate and redo your contract so we can hire a guy to help you look good.

32 million a year for Dak.......GL with that.....never gonna happen!

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I'm inclined to just trust the multi billionaire who's been doing it for 20 plus years now. Fans may disagree with restructuring, but they somehow get it done. If Jerry manages to keep this team together, as loaded as they are, it would be miraculous.

glimmerman

Reaction score
32 million a year for Dak.......GL with that.....never gonna happen!
What Daks agent is asking now isn't going to happen, but I am afraid the FO gives him the 32. Elliot has been offered gurly money plus. If his agent asks for to much more then I don't know. The kid cant stay out of trouble enough to earn it is what I fear..

kskboys

Reaction score
It's amazing how fans will bend over backwards to support billionaires while trashing players, because they just want to see their favorite uniforms win and don't give a hoot about the guys wearing them. :rolleyes:
You keep saying this, but that's not even remotely close to what's being presented and what people are talking about. No one is supporting billionaires. (I've only seen one or two).

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm inclined to just trust the multi billionaire who's been doing it for 20 plus years now. Fans may disagree with restructuring, but they somehow get it done. If Jerry manages to keep this team together, as loaded as they are, it would be miraculous.
You mean the same one who has failed to put a team together who can win playoff games?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
What Daks agent is asking now isn't going to happen, but I am afraid the FO gives him the 32. Elliot has been offered gurly money plus. If his agent asks for to much more then I don't know. The kid cant stay out of trouble enough to earn it is what I fear..

We do not know what Zeke has been offered

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There is a salary cap in effect. You might be happy seeing your bff wear a Cowboys uniform as long as he gets paid top overall position money, but I would rather see a playoff competitive good team on the field year in and year out.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
If “folding” means getting all three of these players signed, then I’m all for it. I want everybody back. Dak, Zeke, Cooper, Byron Jones and I want Jaylon up next.

The cap is a mirage, this should be possible.

But I won’t lie, the Zeke thing is annoying me too. The team has been unusually loyal to him. They’ve already told him they want to get a deal done. Holding out does not win him anything - if anything, he risks one of the rookies showing something and making him expendable.