Don’t fold too quick FO

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's amazing how fans will bend over backwards to support billionaires while trashing players, because they just want to see their favorite uniforms win and don't give a hoot about the guys wearing them. :rolleyes:
It truly is amazing. The Cowboys aren't hurting for money.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If Morris is your starting back go luck with that. The season will be short with no run game and making Dak throw 30 plus a game.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It's amazing how fans will bend over backwards to support billionaires while trashing players, because they just want to see their favorite uniforms win and don't give a hoot about the guys wearing them. :rolleyes:
Try growing up when your heroes on the gridiron were paid dirt and had no rights.

You got drafted, you played for the man, you bled, you were run through the meat grinder.

As a result, I have very little compassion for players in today's game. They have more than enough latitude to find their way to success and prosperity. And it can be done without resorting to dirty pool and actually playing down to the ethical level of owners.

Coming to the table as a fan, I look at it through that lens. I am not saying it is right.

Now, that said. Get off my lawn.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am seeing that the FO has given solid offers to these triplets.

I would love to know what these offers are.

Cooper - Seems to be quiet and says he isn’t worried and will let the other WR set the market. But yet FO is saying they gave him a offer. He may be a sniper. Lol. Quiet but wanting to take that offer and see what others get and then take another look at it. End of the day wanting the most he can get. If it’s more than his worth then oh well.. His stats aren’t as great as the other WR that are asking for this major money. Not saying he can’t be.

Dak - I don’t like his agent asking for Wilson money when Dak hasn’t achieved what Wilson has done. If the FO believe in him they should have went quicker, before wentz got a deal he didn’t deserve IMO. The wentz deal should have been 28-30 he can’t stay healthy and actually seems to choke a bit. Now Daks deal has to basically start at 32. Likely what they have offered and are playing with the guaranteed and signing bonus. Dak says he is active in the negotiations. If your a leader then step up Dak. Your agent is asking for more than your worth. If they can’t afford to put a team around you then you will look horrible but if your getting paid then I guess it won’t matter if your embarrassed and out of the league or a backup after the deal is done or as soon as we can move on. Dak is a good QB and could end up being great but they all need a team around them with the exception of very few. Only brady can carry a team with scraps and he still needs a defense.

Elliot - Now we have this kid. Actually looking like he is gonna pull a Emmitt. This upsets me. After what he has been through off field and this FO and team has stood beside him. Yeah he is a major part of the Offense and a lot think the Offense goes totally through him. Well that’s not totally correct. I don’t like him doing this. Holding the team hostage. If I am the FO then I am cutting Chum and Jackson. I am resigning Alfred Morris. He knows the system and will give you all he has, he don’t have the break away speed but will work hard and give you a 100 yard game. Develop Pollard in the TC. Let Elliot sit at home or over seas. He walks through TC and don’t play preseason anyways.

1 - Make a last and final to Dak. If his agent don’t take it then let him play out his rookie deal and if they can’t come to a deal then tag him.

2 - Let Cooper set back and watch. If Gallup steps up and Cobb plays well. And the Y option for Witten will be open all day. Then at the end of the year his stats may not match up with what his agent wants. Although I would really like to sign him.

3 - Elliot maybe under paid but he signed a rookie 1st round contact. If you don’t want to play the 5th year option then ok. But you were smiling when you got that signing bonus. And that is where we fold. SJ wants him and already said he has the money set aside. If they gave him a offer then it’s already above what gurly got. I hope Pollard shines and I am signing Morris now.

At some point the FO has to say ok. Let’s roll. Cooper can wait and Dak can play out his rookie deal. If you don’t improve because your polly pissy pants over not getting your deal then no one else will give you the money you want either. And if Elliot don’t sign a deal that makes him the new highest paid RB then I let the contract details out to the media. Let everyone know we offered him the contract. He is a beast and maybe another team gives us a draft pick for him and pays him but he may very well end up in trouble again before he can turn down the deal. He is a good RB but if he can’t stay out of trouble then he will have issues. We could play hard ball and use the option on him next year also. Play and play well or it will cost you.

We don’t have to fold. I don’t like these agents having players hold things over a teams head. Holding off on surgeries until there signed. Holding out after 3 years of your rookie deal. Asking for top money when your stats don’t add up to what top player do.

It’s all over the NFL and not just our team. Dak starts this crap with saying we can sign everyone to top money because the cap goes up and gambling money will help. Let’s see what happens when the team has to start asking you to renegotiate and redo your contract so we can hire a guy to help you look good.
Post the cliff notes.

kskboys

Reaction score
It truly is amazing. The Cowboys aren't hurting for money.
And it's even more truly amazing that anyone thinks that's what this is about!!!!!

I couldn't care less how much we pay any player except as it pertains to putting a super bowl worthy team on the field. I want EZ to be rich, I want him to make 50mil+ in his career, enough to comfortably retire on.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
You mean the same one who has failed to put a team together who can win playoff games?
We've had our fair share of talent over the last 23 years. But coaching, refs, play calling, turnovers, defense; have taken turns kicking our butts. (out of the playoffs) Kind of like that scene from the movie Airplane. :muttley:

kskboys

Reaction score
We've had our fair share of talent over the last 23 years. But coaching, refs, play calling, turnovers, defense; have taken turns kicking our butts. (out of the playoffs) Kind of like that scene from the movie Airplane. :muttley:
And we've also had our fair share of bad drafts, bad signings, and a huge lack of a blueprint. 23 years is a long time to think it's all been an accident.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Shame on those evil billionaires for paying millions to players for playing a kids game for a living. Why is being a Billionaire bad btw? People make choices to either play,take the risk, OR NOT. THE NFL is a privilege, not a right for the employee. The tail shouldn't be wagging the dog. The NBA AND MLB is finding that out the hard way.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I like your answer.

We do know that when Elliott was suspended in 2017, Prescott threw more interceptions (seven) than touchdowns (five) and ranked 26th among qualified quarterbacks in passer rating.
The bad thing about that stretch is that you can make the excuse that losing Tyron Smith for part of it was just as bad.

All in all, the Cowboys are a house of cards in a way. We need that elite OL. We need the elite RB.

And then, there comes the QB. It always comes down to that, no matter how many excuses you make.

We have a very specialized team and that team has to all be in lock step.

That really doesn't fit in today's league when you need the elite QB.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The bad thing about that stretch is that you can make the excuse that losing Tyron Smith for part of it was just as bad.

All in all, the Cowboys are a house of cards in a way. We need that elite OL. We need the elite RB.

And then, there comes the QB. It always comes down to that, no matter how many excuses you make.

We have a very specialized team and that team has to all be in lock step.

That really doesn't fit in today's league when you need the elite QB.
We need all elite players to make up for our inept coaching.