Don’t fold too quick FO

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
That's not how business works. Owners don't honor contracts when they cut players why do players have to honor their deals?

What do you mean? I think this is incorrect. Owners do honor the contract. It comes in the form of guarantees. If a player gets injured for the season the owner still is obliged to paying that.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
When I say "pay", I don't mean it as a maxed out contract, which is what some people mean.

I'm thinking 6 years/150mil. Why? Because I don't see as there's a choice.
I think I would be ok with that... because in 3 years, the amount Dak would be getting would not seem to ridiculous. Longer the better.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think I would be ok with that... because in 3 years, the amount Dak would be getting would not seem to ridiculous. Longer the better.
If I were Jerry, I'd go to Dak and tell him, hey, this is your chance to get rich, to get generational money. You want a long term deal right now? Let's make it so we can put a super bowl team around you. 6 yrs/150 mil.

Batman1980

Reaction score
If I were Jerry, I'd go to Dak and tell him, hey, this is your chance to get rich, to get generational money. You want a long term deal right now? Let's make it so we can put a super bowl team around you. 6 yrs/150 mil.

$25 million a year + the Dallas endorsements for life would make him a very wealthy man. He wants to break franchise contract records though. Give it to him in incentives. Play-off wins, TD passes, completion percentage, 16 games played, etc.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lots of uncertainty.
Absolutely. He's a rook.

However, there's even more danger in letting your employees know you'll let them hold you hostage while they squeeze every penny out of you w/ no regard for the outcome.

kskboys

Reaction score
$25 million a year + the Dallas endorsements for life would make him a very wealthy man. He wants to break franchise contract records though. Give it to him in incentives. Play-off wins, TD passes, completion percentage, 16 games played, etc.
He will at 25 mil per.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What do you mean? I think this is incorrect. Owners do honor the contract. It comes in the form of guarantees. If a player gets injured for the season the owner still is obliged to paying that.
And a player can sit out his contract too. It’s not against league rules to sit out your contract.

glimmerman

Reaction score
When I say "pay", I don't mean it as a maxed out contract, which is what some people mean.

I'm thinking 6 years/150mil. Why? Because I don't see as there's a choice.
That’s 25 and he won’t sigh that. They are likely wanting 6 years 200. They have to be somewhere in between. Or have a huge signing bonus and guaranteed amount.

The carrot I am dangling is 5 years and 163 million. 100 guaranteed and 40 or even 50 up front signing bonus. You can take that or you can play out your last year for your 2 million and will tag you next year if we still can’t come to a agreement. Which of course he will hold out cause that seems to be the thing now.

kskboys

Reaction score
That’s 25 and he won’t sigh that. They are likely wanting 6 years 200. They have to be somewhere in between. Or have a huge signing bonus and guaranteed amount.

The carrot I am dangling is 5 years and 163 million. 100 guaranteed and 40 or even 50 up front signing bonus. You can take that or you can play out your last year for your 2 million and will tag you next year if we still can’t come to a agreement. Which of course he will hold out cause that seems to be the thing now.
This whole thing has gotten insane. Either amount is generational money, so why the insistence of a few more million? I really don't get it. I'd rather be rich and win than be a little more rich and lose. And that is the real choice for these guys. It's really strange that people deny it, but it almost always plays out that way.

And then the plays screams "Pay me and win anyway." When did people get so stupid?

glimmerman

Reaction score
This whole thing has gotten insane. Either amount is generational money, so why the insistence of a few more million? I really don't get it. I'd rather be rich and win than be a little more rich and lose. And that is the real choice for these guys. It's really strange that people deny it, but it almost always plays out that way.

And then the plays screams "Pay me and win anyway." When did people get so stupid?
It’s greed my friend. How many rings does brady have now. He takes less and gives more for talent around him. The team rolls through players around him every year.. why.. because while brady takes less there are the greedy players that see that and try to take it all. And bellycheat trades or cuts them. He gets more players that he don’t have to pay big money to and you have a pink unicorn like brady that makes it work on offense. They spread it around on defense. Meanwhile bellycheat is the highest paid head coach in the league. Shrooood... Lol.

And when I say brady takes less.. Its still 20 million per year. How many people could retire and live a good life on 20 million dollars. And that’s just 1 year and he gets 15 million or so for a signing bonus. It’s all stupid money.

Batman1980

Reaction score

Dak isn't Zeke, I can't see him holding out. He knows Jerry has no choice but to acquiesce to his request to the richest contract in franchise history.