Don’t fold too quick FO

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks cap hell is only a myth doesn't understand mathematics. Have a happy wait.
You guys say this but never answer my question. When the Cowboys were in cap he’ll how many players did they let go because they couldn’t afford them? You’ve been told by this organization they were in cap hell because they had to pay their players....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
There is enough money to pay all three...……….Dak, Zeke, and Cooper.

The NFL salary cap is a freaking joke, it can be manipulated in a million different ways.

The bottom line is we need all three to be a playoff team and legitimately challenge for a ring. The only real question is, how bad does Jerry and his boy want to win?

kskboys

Reaction score
There is enough money to pay all three...……….Dak, Zeke, and Cooper.

The NFL salary cap is a freaking joke, it can be manipulated in a million different ways.

The bottom line is we need all three to be a playoff team and legitimately challenge for a ring. The only real question is, how bad does Jerry and his boy want to win?
OK, but we also need a D and good players around them. Both are going to be sacrificed if we pay all three max contracts, and a ring becomes more doubtful.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
OK, but we also need a D and good players around them. Both are going to be sacrificed if we pay all three max contracts, and a ring becomes more doubtful.
agree, and 2 out of those three arent even in top 10 at their position, but because they wear the star, they are supposed to be paid like they are top 5?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Y'all happy with the pace of the FO? So far they've accomplished nothing with Dak, Cooper, or Zeke. But don't worry, with their proven track record this century I'm sure they've got things under control. Just start making room in the trophy case. :muttley:

kskboys

Reaction score
agree, and 2 out of those three arent even in top 10 at their position, but because they wear the star, they are supposed to be paid like they are top 5?
IMO, paying all 3 top dollar would turn out to be a huge mistake. I don't like it, don't like it at all, but that's the reality of the way it works.

kskboys

Reaction score
Y'all happy with the pace of the FO? So far they've accomplished nothing with Dak, Cooper, or Zeke. But don't worry, with their proven track record this century I'm sure they've got things under control. Just start making room in the trophy case. :muttley:
I am. Bowing to demands leads to mediocrity.

kskboys

Reaction score
Tough one. There is no choice but to pay your QB. All other positions are debatable.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Maybe sacrifice this year and just let Zeke go and next year get a solid but least expensive back and try to keep as many of the defensive guys you have. Defense may be the way to go with this group.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Tough one. There is no choice but to pay your QB. All other positions are debatable.
pay? yes, but top 6 or so money? No way/Ive heard media talking about Rodgers, Wilson, and there was one other's deal..... and all of those QBs have a ring. No way in hell should the Cowboys giving Dak 30 plus million. I suspect the JOnes' believe that as well, and this is why the deal is not in place.

glimmerman

Reaction score
pay? yes, but top 6 or so money? No way/Ive heard media talking about Rodgers, Wilson, and there was one other's deal..... and all of those QBs have a ring. No way in hell should the Cowboys giving Dak 30 plus million. I suspect the JOnes' believe that as well, and this is why the deal is not in place.
Agreed. Because of what wentz got is likely the reason the deal isn’t done. Daks agent is gonna ask for Wilson money but expect wentz money or a little better. Before wentz got a contract the FO may have had a shot at 25-30. Which may still be over paying but is kind of the market. Now they will hold out. This season he will play well and want more if they don’t sign him soon. At least Dak isn’t holding out. Wouldn’t it be something if Dak and Elliot held out.

kskboys

Reaction score
When I say "pay", I don't mean it as a maxed out contract, which is what some people mean.

I'm thinking 6 years/150mil. Why? Because I don't see as there's a choice.

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe sacrifice this year and just let Zeke go and next year get a solid but least expensive back and try to keep as many of the defensive guys you have. Defense may be the way to go with this group.
We may already have that guy in Weber. The scouts really like him, and most agree he'd have been drafted much higher if not on a time share w/ JK Dobbins, who is considered the best RB in college football this upcoming season. He does everything well and is very quick to the hole. Considered a 7th round steal by many.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We may already have that guy in Weber. The scouts really like him, and most agree he'd have been drafted much higher if not on a time share w/ JK Dobbins, who is considered the best RB in college football this upcoming season. He does everything well and is very quick to the hole. Considered a 7th round steal by many.
But is he an all in one RB? Can he play all 4 quarters and downs, that's what I'm curious to see.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I would have told Elliot that if he holds out, his days as a Cowboy are over...I would send him to the Bills and him Beasley can cry together...Zeke is just a headcase.