Don’t fold too quick FO

glimmerman

Reaction score
The IRS limits annual 401k contributions to $19k per year currently, plus any match. A person can't simply put in a few million here and there. The question is what is he doing with the rest.
I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Like Stephen said in state of the union. It’s not up to players to worry about the Cap. That’s Cheapskate Son and Big Daddy’s problem.

And as a fan I’m about fielding as many stars as possible within the Cap. And the Cap really isn’t a major factor to me either. You can always kick the can down the road.

If your hoisting the Lombardi , no one will care. It’s only if you don’t have success do critics begin looking at poor Cap decisions.

Nobody complained about Deion while we were winning only after we begin losing.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd like to see the Cowboys just act like everything was normal. Don't call him, don't pay any attention. Just start piling up the fines for not showing up. At some point, he'll have to come sneaking back into camp.
He does not have much leverage. With 2 years remaining under contract and the franchise tag x2 they could prevent him from playing for 4 years if he holds out indefinitely.

He has a sleazy low level agent that's trying to make name for himself.

BigD49

Reaction score
It's amazing how fans will bend over backwards to support billionaires while trashing players, because they just want to see their favorite uniforms win and don't give a hoot about the guys wearing them. :rolleyes:
No one cares about billionaire's wallets, we care about optimizing the Dallas Cowboys' finite spending money...should we be chanting "down with the bourgeoisie"?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I didnot know that. Thanks for the info.
*man, I was 'dumpin' like 30% pre-tax paycheck (matching , from a
Fortune 500 outfit ) for like 3 years,prior to that? It was a flat 10% fer' like 5-6 years,,, it knunckled up in a lead-fisted fashion ,when the corporate stock was bestowing 30% retuns anal,,ly:yourock:

kskboys

Reaction score
Not one word is said when an owner cuts a player while under contract. Not one word is said when an owner asks a player to take less money while still under contract. It is actually celebrated as a business decision. But all hell breaks loose when a player turns the tables and does the same concept in his advantage. Fans have no concept of reality. They root for these out of touch billionaire owners who pocket hundreds of millions each every year.
Players don't take less. The owners ask them to kick the can down the road and take some of the salary in a different year. There's some reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aikemirv

Reaction score
It's amazing how fans will bend over backwards to support billionaires while trashing players, because they just want to see their favorite uniforms win and don't give a hoot about the guys wearing them. :rolleyes:
It is amazing that people don't know the difference between a lifetime of wealth and economy creation and being good at a sport. That risk all that they have when buying a business. And also that these guys are paid very well for being good at a sport and that they have a great lifetime opportunity for wealth creation because of that sport.

I am not feeling sorry for any of these guys who get these contracts because of sports. I also don't care whether Jerry has to spend 10 million more to get Elliot out of his billions. I don't think any fan here cares about Jerry Jones wealth. What they do care about is the cap and how it effects the team down the road. The players union and job is to set the rules to get a fair shake of the pie that has been created. When they sign a collective bargaining agreement, they should live by it. If they can't then keep holding out til you get what you want!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If you continue to draft well the salary cap is not a problem. Cowboys in the past drafted terribly and inconsistently.

I thought they drafted extremely well when they drafted Zeke, and they thought they had his salary cap hit accounted for, for the duration of his contract. When you have numerous good players' contracts coming up, it becomes much more difficult when one guy decides his wants and desires are more important than all the others. If they give Zeke everything he wants, they'll have to take it away from somebody else.
But I'm sure whoever gets cut to pay for Zeke's early raise won't mind. You know, easy come easy go.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It is amazing that people don't know the difference between a lifetime of wealth and economy creation and being good at a sport. That risk all that they have when buying a business. And also that these guys are paid very well for being good at a sport and that they have a great lifetime opportunity for wealth creation because of that sport.

I am not feeling sorry for any of these guys who get these contracts because of sports.
I also don't care whether Jerry has to spend 10 million more to get Elliot out of his billions. I don't think any fan here cares about Jerry Jones wealth. What they do care about is the cap and how it effects the team down the road. The players union and job is to set the rules to get a fair shake of the pie that has been created. When they sign a collective bargaining agreement, they should live by it. If they can't then keep holding out til you get what you want!

You're exactly right aikemirv, when a player wants to break the bank, some guys think that only hurts Jerry's billions so they're quick to cry PAY HIM! Problem with that is, it doesn't break Jerry, it breaks the salary cap. They end up cutting somebody else to pay for Zeke's raise.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
You're exactly right aikemirv, when a player wants to break the bank, some guys think that only hurts Jerry's billions so they're quick to cry PAY HIM! Problem with that is, it doesn't break Jerry, it breaks the salary cap. They end up cutting somebody else to pay for Zeke's raise.
Correct.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The salary cap can be manipulated. Teams have shown that time and time again.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The salary cap can be manipulated. Teams have shown that time and time again.
Yes and every time you do, you go deeper in the hole. Like paying your credit card bill with another credit card. You can do stupid things like that for a while, but sooner or later you're going to have to pay the fiddler, and when you do, it's going to hurt.
Cowboy fans should know that by now because the Cowboys have been there and done that.
Where were you???

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes and every time you do, you go deeper in the hole. Like paying your credit card bill with another credit card. You can do stupid things like that for a while, but sooner or later you're going to have to pay the fiddler, and when you do, it's going to hurt.
Cowboy fans should know that by now, Cowboys have been there done that.
Where were you???
It’s a myth. When were the Cowboys ever in cap hell to where they couldn’t sign their own free agents? I’ll wait.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It’s a myth. When were the Cowboys ever in cap hell to where they couldn’t sign their own free agents? I’ll wait.
Anyone who thinks cap hell is only a myth doesn't understand mathematics. Have a happy wait.